Halliburton Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Operator Assistant and Driver, Alberta (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB12 August 2018
I so much loved my job at Halliburton unfortunately I just happened to hit it at the wrong time during a down turn in the economy and unfortunately lost my job however they pay well treat you well and as far as the work environment it's like family.
Pros
Great compensation when you worked
Cons
Uneasy ground of finances
Excellent delivery on all sides both to the staffs and the Clients
Reservoir Technologist/ Chemist (Former Employee) –  Port-Harcourt20 June 2018
This is one Company that in my own view has an all round performance excellence on all sides ,productivity , creativity,efficiency. innovations just name it.
Halliburton is an interesting place to work. You can acquire huge experience in working on halliburton equipment.
Mechanical Technician II (Current Employee) –  Rivers11 June 2018
Working at halliburton Nigeria gave a lot of exposure in my area of specialization. These includes but not limited to hydraulics, pneumatics, safety, documentation, preventive and unscheduled repair on engines from different manufacturers. Employees development comes once in a while but worth a lot if it does come. Safety is part of the business without safety no work. Most enjoyable part of the job is employees cooperation. There is this zeal to assist fellow employee when the need arise. Hardest part of the job is coping with low income.
Pros
Free medical you and family, housing up front
Cons
Working seven days a week.
Worst company I ever knew
Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB20 May 2018
Has no work/life balance. Management is not open to employees and not willing to communicate. It is the worst company I know. Pay was not good. Not willing to provide training. Not ethnical, culture was not good.
Great place
Bulk Material Operator / Shipper Receiver (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB26 April 2018
Good place to work and positive work setting. I got a lot of help to learn and grow as an employee. lots of room for advancement and career depth. I would recommend the place
Good life experience
Technical Professional (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB26 April 2018
Management dishonest and disrespectful
Drill Bit Technician (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB20 April 2018
**Beware** if you ever get injured your employment may be terminated under false pretences. Vacation days chosen for you by management. Work under constant reminder that your employment is a privilege and it may be terminated at any moment.
Pros
RRSP Plan
Cons
Unsafe work practices
Multinational
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 April 2018
Exposure to high level customer management
Strong management and leadership
Fun culture in the workplace
Long hours during the day
Learning from the best
Productive environment with great team work ethic
Purchasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen6 April 2018
Productive environment with great team work ethic. Great opportunities for promotion. Management were very supportive and encouraging for career enhancement.
Pros
Great people to work with
Oil & Gas Service Company
Senior Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Kuala umpur, Malaysia1 April 2018
Halliburton is a very large global corporation that serves high volume latest technology oil & gas services throughout the world.
This company has literally hundreds of positions available at any given time from entry to upper management levels.
Hard work is rewarded here and compensation benefits are normally of a high standard.
My career spanned from Lab Technician to field engineer to management over a twenty one year span.
In my latest years with the company certain philosophy changes and work ethics were not in my opinion a reflection of the early years.
Pros
Plenty of new opportunities, good remuneration, solid company
Cons
new directives and philosophies may have eroded company ethics

Want to know more about Halliburton?

Ask a question
Great company to build a career with.
Drilling Optimisation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 March 2018
Halliburton offers a range of career opportunities with excellent salary and benefits. The salary is much better if you go international as an expat.
Safety. Equality.
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  malaysia26 March 2018
Halliburton is a good company that provides a safe working environment for every employee. It provides great health benefits and promotes equality regardless of race and religion.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
window of promotion is little to none
Best job ive ever had
Assistant frac operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB24 March 2018
This job had it all from the health package to the dental coverage including the best wage an average joe could come across and be hired relativly easy
Pros
Salary and health benifits
Cons
Never see ur family work all the time
Big Red
Account Representative, Wireline & Perforating (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 March 2018
Worked there for 4 years prior to economic downturn in 2015. Good company with plenty of opportunities across the globe, if you are able to move around the world every few years.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
local concerns get lost in global companies
Great pay, no life
Logging While Drilling Feild Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB22 February 2018
You work according to their schedule. Family is zero priority to them. You are regularly threatened that you could be fired if you don't work your tail off. You do get paid well. You are treated very poorly. I would never return to Canada district. UK district, different story. I would go back there in a second.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No life
productive workplace
Operations Leader (Current Employee) –  Alberta21 February 2018
Strong company culture and strong leadership, promoting Operational Excellence and customer satisfaction
good working environment, with great opportunities for career development.
Excellent company
HSE and Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Venezuela5 February 2018
I've enjoyed my days in Halliburton Venezuela. I'd love to work with them again but unfortunately, they are located in Calgary. Great people and culture
Pros
Great environment
This a latter review of my work environment
Baroid Drilling Fluid LMP Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oman Mukhaizna27 January 2018
1- Busy all the long and with a lot tension
2- Learn how to manage the time according with the operation, manages personal
3- Good processes in place, efficient mismanagement processes
4- I relate with people of different culture and religions
5- Is not rely hard due to a love my job and the things that i do
6- When i pended time with friend and family
Pros
Like the gym
Cons
Work long hours is not the right thing, but need to do it for reason
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB9 January 2018
A larger company with a great work culture. Was always kept busy and learned something new every day. The work was physically demanding at times but overall very rewarding.
Very nice company they are focus at safety for any people inside the facility
Technician (Current Employee) –  Kuwait12 December 2017
Im great i am HALLIBURTON.management is very assisting of there employee.provide all safety equipment.as a Lead Technician i should commet the requirment day by day.and keep tracking parts status to avoid delays for operation.and enforming to my supervisor everyday job done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Halliburton. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K