HALLCON
Coronavirus update
Information from HALLCON:

HALLCON Pay & benefits reviews

Canada73 reviews
hard to earn a living - work not steady sometimes 2-3 days go by no work .. over hired crew shuttle drivers not enough work for all the drivers to earn a decent living - management want you to be available 7 days - 24 hours - you are on call as a driver and you can be called to come into work and pick up a crew anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour notice..
Pros
work outside driving long distance casual wear friendly train crew
Cons
24-7 work schedule if you want to earn a living too many drivers not enough work -old vans 400, 000 to 500, 000 kms
People are very nice and charming. I love working there.we always helping each other. Kind people and advance. The work isnt that hard.but the pay and insurance isnt enough if you have a family. The hours are not enough too.if we start early like 9pm and finish before 7am it will be nice for woman who have kids
Pros
Working togetherness
Cons
Short hours wage or salary and no good benefits
If you want a job that pays very little, and has unpredictable hours each week, as well as, driving in all types of weather with a crew of passengers that are disrespectful most times, then this job is for you !
Pros
If you enjoy driving, then this job will provide a lot of it
Cons
Low pay, on call, unpredictable hours. No benefits and useless union
Very poor pay for hours and responsibility. Local supervisor ok. No schedule. Purely on call. Long hours in often poor conditions in remote locations.
pay is alright for the work, very hard on the body. labor intensive in the winter especially difficult, easier during the rest of the year but the pay is the same.
Wait time for trips far too long should be paid for availibity at least called out on short notices no coffee break or lunch breaks have too be available for 13 to 16 hrs. Not very safe if u ask me great job for a senior that has pensions coming in NO BENEFITS AT ALL hopefully management will change things around many disgruntled crews too many drivers at tims we are unionized but no union rep if u like driving it can be a alright job for part time
Pros
Your the boss out on the road
Cons
Long hrs crew sometimes dont talk too u feel like your a nobody
Hallcon is a great place to work, It's a calm and stress free environment. Benefits are reasonable. Support system is second to none. Friendly space.
Pros
Easy going, down to earth culture, stress free, salary is great, safety is paramount.
Cons
You basically clean go trains all day for 5 hours. The pay isn’t great considering the hours but you get good benefits and the management is great to work with and easy to get along with.
Pros
Benifits, healthy work atmosphere.
Cons
The job can get dirty at times.
My supervisor was a liar. She told me to take a couple of days off to recover from my wrist injury. I gave her a doctor's note on my return. Hoping for modified duties. She then informed me that I was fired. Hallcon dismissed me one my ROE as "quit", I did not
The man who hired me was really nice, informative and professional.

Benefits were awesome, it included dental.
The hours were my fave, done in the afternoon and off on weekends.

The staff I worked with were friendly, knowledgeable and helpful.

They had lockers, changerooms and a lunch room.

Regular lunch break.

Lots if exercise

I do feel we didn't get paid enough for all the work we were doing in such a short amount of time.
Pros
Done early, no weekends, benefits
Cons
Too much expected for such little pay, don't get injured, they lied about "modified duties"
If you're a young person looking for a career this is not the job for you as you will not make anything more than minimum wage and management will keep it that way by coming up with another clawback or two to reduce the amount of money that you will make ... you go on a rotating board and wait your turn to be called which means that you were on call and can be for quite some time good luck getting sleep as they may call you at 2 o'clock in the morning or 2 o'clock in the afternoon when you're busy with your children or other work , you pretty much have to devote all your time to this job with very few if any benefits and minimum wage rate of pay ...senior staff know the routine and they get a lot of the good trips
Pros
Work the hours you choose but you're on call and may never get a call
Cons
Minimum wage pay and a very poor management group
was able to see new places daily, good people to work with, though you drove in ALL weather conditions, lo in remote areas of northern Ontario, over all , good work enviroment
Pros
lodgein allowances, meals paid
Cons
drove in all weather conditions
12 hour scheduled shifts in the yard or on call for road trips which can be long too. When on call you never know when your going to work.
Once off rest you might get a trip right away or you might have to wait 5 or 6 hours. Some very long days with some so busy you hardly have time to go to the bathroom or have lunch. Was enjoyable working with most of the people.
Pros
Most people good to work with
Cons
Too long of days
An employee lost foot from a train crushing it. Think about that. A man lost his foot and lower portion of leg for a minimum wage job. Does that seem worth it to you?
Benefits are minimal, no overtime, hardly any hours, very dirty work place. Supervisors have 0 expierence in the field. Very low pay rate for the amount of work you do there.
The work is very unsanitary. There is risk every night of being stabbed by a used syringe for drugs. The pay is very low and should be higher based on work conditions. It’s a boring, dirty job. I do not recommend. The job made me Nauseated. No overtime given. you have to commute between two locations and it eats up a lot of gas and we are not compensated for gas.
Pros
Nothings really
Cons
Too many to say
they push you to be extra careful or you are fired. there are long hours sitting. its a 12hr shift and you have to be on the phone with drivers. you must pay attention
Pros
good pay
Cons
Normal environment to work, good salary and nice people to deal with.Just need to change some methods that can help the workers have more safety and more time to do everything they ask to. Hours need to be more specific and more reasonable.
I enjoyed driving for Hallcon in my time there,the hours sucked,but I met several new friends thru here and the work did help me pay bills,in the end of my time here,they hired to many staff and we ended up getting short on work so I walked away from this job.
Pros
help pay the bills
Cons
terrible hrs, being on call, you could never really plan anything, have not slept right since i had this job
I've been working here for 4 years and I enjoy it. Great hours and im always out at 3 so i have the rest of my day with my kids.

as for the job its cleaning so no surprises and the salary seems to be the same or better than other places i've worked. The manager is nice enough i havent had any problems.

hardest part of the job is being outside because in summer its nice and winter its freezing but I go straight onto a train so its fine.

also sometimes you end up waiting around for work which kinda sucks.
Pros
hours
Cons
being outside, waiting for work
The pay was satisfactory at $15.00 an hour for a crew transport driver position. This position included 12 long hours with no benefits, and dealing with rough & difficult people with no Managers on site to protect your interests or safety. In addition it is considered a contract position and it poses risks of layoffs.
Pros
Pay was satisfactory
Cons
Long hours with rough & difficult crew
Company and management is fair and job is pretty easy if you can follow simple instructions.
Although there is not much chance of advancing in the company.
Pros
Benefits, salary
Cons
Not much room to advance