Hall Tree Farms Employee Reviews

Absolutely Awful Workplace
labourer (Former Employee) –  Kettleby, ON23 August 2018
Do not work here.

Terrible management in every way possible.
Countless workplace safety and ethics violations ever day.
Very stressful to work here.
Avoid - you will lose money working here
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kettleby, ON29 June 2017
Hired, worked for 3 months on their "100% commission" plan. They take advantage of employees, pay them $0 until a sale comes through (very seldom), when a sale does come through, they deduct the commission greatly to satisfy management's ulterior motives.

Lost more money than I gained working here.

They don't cover gas fees (expect you to drive thousands of KM's), whilst getting you to do grunt work/delivering flyers.

Company is out of date, no online presence, solely word of mouth business/very little at that.

Easy to get interview/job, very high turnover rate/very low employee satisfaction.
Pros
Driving
Cons
Terrible pay structure
Not professional
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  King, ON27 June 2016
Family run business. Hired with a draw. After closing a few deals they said that covered my draw. I never received a pay stub. After a few months and asking for proof that my sale only covered the draw they let me go. They want you to work everyday including weekends and to show up at the office before and after you day. They don't know how to run a business. Turnaround is very high at this place.

Owner is cheap and would not pay for my gas or time for my last 2 weeks. It ended up costing me money to work there. His sales tactics are very old school and shady. He is not approachable.
Pros
On the road
Cons
too many to list.
Great working enviroment
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kettleby ON20 November 2014
Hall Tree Farms is a great place to work. The employees are friendly and hard working. The experience taught me a lot about agriculture and the typical cycle of different trees. I enjoyed being outside in all weather conditions with an objective in mind to complete.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON27 September 2013
Great co-workers to work with. Busy work environment with lots of territory to cover in a work day.
Labourer, Truck driver, Bobcat operator
Driver (Former Employee) –  Kettleby Ontario16 March 2013
A very poor work environment with little organization I would not recommend this job for anyone at all.
Pros
nothing
Cons
alot