Hall Constructors

Hall Constructors Employee Reviews

Canada45 reviews

companyemployeemanagementworkpaygreatdaypeople

Decent outfit

Fair pay, hours are all over the place. 4 hours one day and 12 the next. In my opinion many foreman are in the position out of necessity rather than merit

Look else where

Forman are a joke. Some days your working, some days your standing around on the goon spoon. Higher up are joke poor management.. If want make money standing around this company for you..

Insights into Hall Constructors

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Excellent Teamwork and Work Environment

Whether it's estimating or project management, each assignment is a unique and challenging experience. Construction is a fast paced environment with sometimes harsh situations/deadlines that are outside the company's control. But at Hall, we are always a team and tackle problems together.Hall has an engaging work environment where experienced employees care about the growth of their peers and will mentor the less experienced employees, which is why so many employees have seen their careers advance.Management is receptive to criticism and are committed to making sure their employees aren't getting burnt out. Hardest part about construction is you never know what you're going to get, so you need to be flexible and adaptive in order to handle it.Most enjoyable part of the job is working with a group of coworkers that are motivated and have positive attitudes. The work events are always a bonus as well.

Respectful working environment

I been with Hall for over 10 yrs and still enjoy going to work every day. Friendly working environment, open door policy if and when you need help and learn new things.

great company!

I would recommend this company to anyone. They do an amazing job of promoting within. Great people and an amazing culture.5 star all the way.You can really grow your career here.

Worked here for over a year

I work in the office. Everyone here really cares about their work and their field staff. They go to great lengths to have high standards of safety and do a lot to have a great job culture. This local, family owned company has grown from 2 businesses to 15 in the last 2 years. How they take care of their field employees is a big reason for that growth.

Pros

Great morale, lots of work and overtime, will place your work closest to home, great/new equipment

Cons

Some jobs can temporarily shut down work when it snows.

I’ve worked there twice, same thing both times

I worked at Hall twice lots of the Forman ‘s are pansies and get treated like princesses very short fused entitled unrealistic expectations the jumping around from job to job if something isn’t going right they won’t tell you they’ll just move your jobs management has no brain and I do not recommend anyone to work there ever

Great company to work for

Iv been in construction for years ! Hall is one only companies that takes care of there workers. I work in the Okanagan n lower mainland. They treat you great loa in nice hotel n food cash n travel cash hall constructors is #1 company to work for

Worst Civil Contractor on Vancouver Island

They bought a bunch of jobs for millions less than the competition and then tried to hire their way out of their problems. Superintendents have no experience, the PM's are useless and they expect the overpaid field staff to solve issues without support. They pay well but the operation is a gong show with no direction.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Poorly managed

Productive and motivating team

Typical work day = what ever it takes to get your work completed.The project type & scope can vary significantly from one estimate to another. This keeps you on your toes and always learning.Management is involved with day-to-day planning and fosters individual and team growth.

Pros

The team

Everyone is a Forman in training and or was just hired as a Forman on their first job as a Forman

There is no communication thru the management as far as skill management they have labour workers running and damaging most of their machines that are all around 10000 hours and ready to sell.Was on a water main job with 7 guys all standing around it was a job I could have done with 3 guys. Not sure how this company is able to stay competitive.

Pros

Stand around all day doing nothing or not much

Cons

They don’t have any proper middle management, they need veteran Forman and they need a super with an engineer or red seal, or construction management degree which they don’t have it’s basically a school with no teachers

Terrible place to work

Just a number could have a job one day be laid off next. Poor run company with unqualified supervisors. Equipment was in good shape but took a lot of abuse from unqualified operators. I will never work for this company again,

Pros

Decant equipment

Cons

Everything else

Industry Leading Contractor

I have worked at Hall Constructors for over 7 years, and have spent significant time in both the Surrey and Kelowna offices. I started with Hall as a project coordinator on various sites, and have progressed to a role in estimating and project management.Hall is a company that sees the value in hiring hard working, motivated people and integrating them into a strong team environment. Management has committed to promoting career growth by providing on-the-job training (for office and field staff) and allowing their employees to take on additional responsibility as they gain experience. Due to diversification of the company, Hall has positioned itself to be extremely competitive as a general contractor throughout British Columbia and the wide array of projects we take on is very exciting. In addition, Hall is proactive in researching and implementing new technology to make our work in the field more efficient.

Pros

Challenging and rewarding work, growth opportunities

Cons

Commute may vary depending on the project site location

Productive & Fun Work place

Hall is a great place to work. You are treated like family. Hall has given me opportunities to not only grow personally, but also professionally. I am grateful to be a part of the Hall team. It is a fun, professional, energetic work environment with support from supervisors. I would highly recommend this company to anyone who wants to build a career in construction.

Positive Productive place to work

After many years 25+ in this business, I have finally found a home. The management is helpful and respectful. My co-workers are the best. I have worked for Hall now for over 2 years and cannot say enough good things. Every day is a new experience, comfortable and cooperative. Looking forward to many more years with Hall Constructors.

Pros

Too many to list

Cons

You would be crazy to work here .

Worst company ever. They treat the employees like the dirt they move and throw you in a hole when you require any support. If your not part of the inner group then your days are number. Nepotism is the word for this outfit.

Pros

Cons

bad outfit all around

British Columbia's Amazing General Contractor

Hall is nothing short of an amazing company to say the least! I currently work as a female Project Manager in a male dominated industry (Water and Sewer heavy civil construction) …. Hall is the first company who looked at my experience opposed to my gender. Hall realizes that talent comes from a person’s capabilities opposed to what their gender is; I can personally say that with many company’s gender is often chosen ahead of skills and abilities. Hall is a progressive, talent-based company whom does not follow gender guidelines to any sort of degree. Hall provides many opportunities to many people within their 6 lines of businesses’. Within the recent market and unsure times of today’s world- Hall has made me feel like I am extremely valuable to them and I will have a long and prosperous career with them. Management believes in empowering their staff to ensure that each individual employee is set up success from day 1 of employment. If you are in construction, Hall should be your first choice!

Pros

Training, Mentorship & Family Company Feel

Cons

No Con's they are the best!

Great company terrible management thats why there closing theyre doors and have no work

Vancouver based Hall constructors are a great company but kelowna division are terrible. Upper management is a clicky group so if your so and so's son you get a good job and all the qualified guys dont move up. Friends and business dont mix that's why they failed in kelowna

I have found Hall to be a great place to work. It is a family company and your are treated that way. They expect everyone to be at their best so you are always working with a qualified team. I have worked for a number of construction companies and Hall's respect for their employees with their safety culture is by far the best. I look forward to start work with them again this year.

Really nasty company with backstabbing Managers

Strongly recommend you dont ever work here. Managers are Nasty and full of themselves and offer no support. You will get laid off with out notice and there is no loyalty here. Supervisors are unskilled and have bad attitudes and lots of nepotism within the company.Save yourself the grief and avoid these characters.

Positive

The environment at Hall Constructors is very friendly and positive. I enjoy coming to work everyday to learn and help contribute to the company's success.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hall Constructors. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement