Half Hitch Brewing Company

Half Hitch Brewing Company Employee Reviews

Great staff and Family environment

It was great to work there. amazing management and amazing family. some of the harder parts of the job include weekends as they get busy. and all-around amazing culture.

Great

Lovely family business that cares for their employees. Mostly busy restaurant and large sections. Fantastic coworkers and great management. An effort is made to keep the schedule consistent from one week to another which is rare in restaurants.

Big talk no action

Worked here for a few months and it was an exciting opportunity with them endorsing the business as a 'family' atmosphere excited me to be part of a smaller business with good solid relationships. Quickly, I discovered their mentality of pushing sales at all costs...it was all about the numbers! Times are tougher in Alberta and being the relationship builder I am, and working in sales for numerous years I discovered all of the reps were really alone in this endeavor. Sales relationships need trust and cannot happen overnight, especially in a very competitive market. The company pushed a culture of transparency but within 2 months communication tapered off and things began to change. Empty promises and unrealistic, unfounded targets which eventually turned into the termination of 3 sales reps out of the 4. We were given the reason of 'sales were just not there, so we have to let you go'.

Don’t work for them!

Don’t work for them! EVER! They will take advantage of you, under pay you, and tell you exactly what you want to hear just to string you along. All promises no follow through!

people

I Highly recommend this company. Great Food, Great People, Great Beer, Great Environment. I'll keep Stopping in when I can.👍🎸🎶👍.They always make you feel like you are a big part of the team.

Very enjoyable workplace

A dynamic and busy work environment in a stress free atmosphere. Opportunities to learn many facets of the business and its a true team effort with a lot of great people in all departments.

Very disappointed in new hire/training process.

On my first day as a brand ambassador, I was left by myself after only about 20 minutes of "training". After only 8 hours of work (2 shifts) I was told that I was not a good fit for the company, as I did not exemplify the expectations set for Brand Ambassadors. First, I was not given any training what so ever to set me up for any sort of success. I was given no guidance, and upon being let go I was told that the manager sent in two customers who were meant to be evaluating me - again, after I was given only 2 or 3 examples on my very first shift of what was acceptable engagement with a customer as they walked in the liquor store. As was indicated on my resume, I did not have any previous experience in sales or as a brand ambassador. Not only do I think that in my situation there should have been much more training involved, but I believe that as an employer you should be providing every new hire the tools necessary for success - not just showing them what you do on the first shift and leaving them as some sort of test to see what they can accomplish without training. I have never been treated like this at any new job. I have always at least received the proper training to be set up for success. To me, this reflects a lack of care and regard for new employees on the company's part. Second, I was let go about 2 steps into a liquor store, right at the front door where a customer could have come in at any point and clearly understood what was happening. This felt so unprofessional, and just lacked any respect for the dignity of someone who was being let go of a position. -

Friendly

A friendly work environment however the hours vary too much for me. The food is excellent and a wide variety of customers to serve. Great Location too

Pros

25% staff discount on food

Cons

not enough hours too many servers

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Half Hitch Brewing Company?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Half Hitch Brewing Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3Job security/advancement