Haisla Nation Council

Haisla Nation Council Employee Reviews

It was almost ten years ago and the server was Windows 2000 and it was in constant need of data purging. I am sure the system is modern by now. My duties were to monitor emails, connectivity and replace or repair client hardware.
I am no longer working there I retired 3 years ago. But I would recommend anybody to apply for a job there. I worked there for 19.5 years and was paid very well.
Lots of opportunities for different job experience. Good pay and benefits along with lots of holiday time. Ability to give suggestions and imput within the oganizaton to make improvements. Paid training and travel.
Loved working for Haisla Nation Council but I have been on call for almost a year and still don't have a permanent position, even though I have applied for a number of different position.
Cons
lack of communication company wide
I am currently a stipend councilor. I attend when comittees i sit on have a meeting and when a duly convened meeting is held(once month)
Typically I would make a call list for any I.T.-related troubles. -WAN to hop around to daily. -Trouble shoot Server Software -Repair (FRU) Field Replaceable Units. Hardest part of the job was working with Server 2000 which has since been replaced after I left. CoWorkers were professionals in Accounting and other departmental fields for a governing body.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Windows Server 2000
Typical day consisted of making a list of service calls for anything I.T. -WAN trouble shooting -Hardware FRU repairs -Server software configurations
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Server 2000, lasted only less than half a year- left for personal reasons.
I really enjoyed my employment here but the process for the summer applicants were very slow. It had taken from June-Aug to finally have summer jobs for the students.