Hain Celestial

Hain Celestial Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Stressful job environment, management doesn't care. A lot of changes and lay off. All departments have short stuff. Culture is acceptable. They have snacks and free lunches some time. Very busy work load, if you looking for balance of work with personal life is not perfect place.
Pros
Free sample food
Cons
Very high load of work
Due to high turnover of this company, there's a huge gap in knowledge transfer. As the results, a lot of people don't know how to perform their job on a daily basis.
I found that working here is not cool and I'm cool so I'm like no I'm not working here. So I went out for a RIP and hit the mud and I was like oh frig ya bud. Dont reccomend to anyone.
Pros
Nuttin
Cons
Big loads
An absolute waste of time when it comes to professional development. Leadership is arrogant and not sensitive to the key issues within the department. Do not recommend to stay and/or work there
great group of people, but no work life balance and
Regularly disrespected and taken advantage of. No sympathy for working overtime or working weekends or during your breaks to finish your workload. Company needs to hire more people because the workload is absolutely nuts. Worst company I've ever worked for.
This isn’t the place to be if you want to be valued, maintain a work balance in your life or advance your career. Not sure what can/should be done but currently it’s pretty bad.
Pros
Close to highways. Free parking.
Cons
Workload, silos, pay, flexibility
HR and SMT senior mgt team really don’t care about the people. Over the years all the good people have left because there is no incentive to stay. They are always shocked when people who have been very vocal about being unhappy leave. Makes no sense, people tell you their problems and you don’t address, of course they leave. The whole company is broken. Way too much work, not enough resources, and they expect more and more and more.
Pros
Location is near highway, easy to drive to
Cons
Senior management, working hours, low pay, bonuses paid very late, no transparency
This place has a higher turn-around of any place I have ever worked. They routinely fire people and I don't think I saw a month go by in the 18 months that I was there that at least 1 person wasn't 'let go'. So, morale is low and job security is non-existent. The burn-out rate is extremely high as they are chronically understaffed and because they are too cheap to hire new people, as the company grows and the workload increases, the staff they have are just expected to work longer and longer hours. It is not uncommon for employees to have melt-downs because they feel overwhelmed. Also, the top management are unfeeling and cold. I left there completely exhausted and regretful that I ever accepted a job there. Overall, it is the worst place I have ever worked.
Pros
Quite a few nice people I met along the way.
Cons
Top management unfeeling and uncompassionate-extreme work load without the pay to go with the long, long work days
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hain Celestial?
The people are great but management is terrible starting from the top. They make you believe everything is fine but then keep giving more work and don't hire any extra people. This is a company that is growing year after year and have the same amount of CSR's as 3 years ago. They hire new people get their ideas then let them go after a few years.
Pros
culture
Cons
too many long days
Small organization, with great products and a great work life balance. Compensation/Benefits is below average. A lot of churn when it comes to employees, most folks have 2 years or less. President, is a glorified Marketer, micro manager with no strategic vision. A change is pending so this should improve. VP of Sales - bereft of any business acumen, struggling with own personal demons.