Hain Celestial Canada Employee Reviews

Awful place to work
QC (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 January 2019
If you value yourself don’t even think of working here!
Management is the worst part. Workload is too high and they expect you to work like machines without recognizing people’s hard work.
Pros
Nothing, except few good colleagues
Cons
Everything from salary to management, work-life balance
Unfortunately All Recent Comments Are Accurate
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2019
This isn’t the place to be if you want to be valued, maintain a work balance in your life or advance your career. Not sure what can/should be done but currently it’s pretty bad.
Pros
Close to highways. Free parking.
Cons
Workload, silos, pay, flexibility
Horrible place to work
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON18 October 2018
Two day training ..manager has no respect ..expect you to do a job with two days training .Dont go there unless you like to be disrespected and glad I'm not there anymore .
They don’t care about people!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2018
HR and SMT senior mgt team really don’t care about the people. Over the years all the good people have left because there is no incentive to stay. They are always shocked when people who have been very vocal about being unhappy leave. Makes no sense, people tell you their problems and you don’t address, of course they leave. The whole company is broken. Way too much work, not enough resources, and they expect more and more and more.
Pros
Location is near highway, easy to drive to
Cons
Senior management, working hours, low pay, bonuses paid very late, no transparency
HORRIBLE work life balance
Marketing and Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON5 September 2018
Work is very unevenly distributed - it’s a complete mystery what senior management does. Way too top-heavy and not enough doers. As a result everyone else is overworked. A solution would be to eliminate even one useless person at the top and use their salary to hire three more people at the ground level. Extremely obvious when you see what time management waltzes in (9:30am) and out (4pm). While others work evenings and weekends and aren’t recognized for the hours. Very low morale overall.
Pros
Good brands
Cons
Long hours, low morale, high turnover, high burnout, extremely negative energy, poor management, poor advancement
Horrible Place To Work - Low Morale - High Turnover
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 September 2018
Due to high turnover of this company, there's a huge gap in knowledge transfer. As the results, a lot of people don't know how to perform their job on a daily basis.

Benefit/Compensation is good. But you won't be in there long enough to enjoy it.

This is definitely not a company that you can expect to retire from!

It's a nice company for you if your plan is to learn as much as you can and get it out of there in 2 years or less.

Management team is a mess. Never appreciate your work!

If you're thinking of working for this company (which I strongly recommended DON'T), make sure that you've an exit strategy and don't plan to stay more than 2 years.

I didn't regret to work for this company because I was able to learn a lot from it. My only regret is that I didn’t leave sooner!
Pros
Good Compensation/Benefit
Cons
Everything Else
Work environment is good.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC30 November 2017
The company has lots of things to offer to people who wants to learn more. The work environment is not so bad compared with the companies i have work for since there are people who have been working here for years now.
Excellent staff with good management team
Shift Engineer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 November 2016
shifts are depend on which department you are working, flexible hours, part time allowed, 24/7 working schedule but mostly works on day time shifts.
Horrible place to work
Line worker, general labourer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 November 2016
I worked there for two weeks and decided I absolutely could not tolerate working there another day. Poorly run company. The management is not good and they will milk you until you fall over and then move on. They are now using contract workers who they say they will hire after, but then they make excuses and just bring in more temporary contract workers so they don't have to pay you more or give you benefits. It's really horrible to watch people working themselves half to death hoping they will be hired and management continuing to lead them on. My recommendation is that if you have any self-esteem or aspirations don't waste your time with this company.
Pros
Cons
To many to mention
glad to be out of there
accounting (Former Employee) –  Toronto26 April 2015
This place has a higher turn-around of any place I have ever worked. They routinely fire people and I don't think I saw a month go by in the 18 months that I was there that at least 1 person wasn't 'let go'. So, morale is low and job security is non-existent. The burn-out rate is extremely high as they are chronically understaffed and because they are too cheap to hire new people, as the company grows and the workload increases, the staff they have are just expected to work longer and longer hours. It is not uncommon for employees to have melt-downs because they feel overwhelmed. Also, the top management are unfeeling and cold. I left there completely exhausted and regretful that I ever accepted a job there. Overall, it is the worst place I have ever worked.
Pros
Quite a few nice people I met along the way.
Cons
Top management unfeeling and uncompassionate-extreme work load without the pay to go with the long, long work days
Too many long days expected to work 15 hrs/day
sales (Current Employee) –  toronto12 December 2014
The people are great but management is terrible starting from the top. They make you believe everything is fine but then keep giving more work and don't hire any extra people. This is a company that is growing year after year and have the same amount of CSR's as 3 years ago. They hire new people get their ideas then let them go after a few years.
Pros
culture
Cons
too many long days
Great products on trend. Poorly run from CEO to president to VP of Sales.
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto23 October 2014
Small organization, with great products and a great work life balance.

Compensation/Benefits is below average.

A lot of churn when it comes to employees, most folks have 2 years or less.

President, is a glorified Marketer, micro manager with no strategic vision. A change is pending so this should improve.

VP of Sales - bereft of any business acumen, struggling with own personal demons.