Hain Celestial Canada

Hain Celestial Canada Employee Reviews

Canada29 reviews
Possibly the most pointless job I have ever worked, this job could easily be automated yet management has their heads far to high up their rear end to realize this. It is boring, the amount to process is far to high, and you get yelled at for simple easy to solve errors yet when you find data entry errors none of the senior employees are ever disciplined. They will also promise full time hours but you will never get them.
Was let go before probation period. Asked why and they said my attitude. Not sure what that meant, thought I was doing a good job, got along with people on my team, did what i was asked to do. The only thing i can think of is that they told me I was to train as an operator only 2 weeks in and that I couldn't say no, this was in the middle of March when pandemic was ramping up, 3 days into training I was uncomfortable because no PPE to protect from COVID-19 so I told them I didn't want to do it at this time, they switched me to other shift and didn't hear anything more about it. Really liked the job and people I worked with on days.
Overall good place to work. Management are good and understanding. Fast pace some days slower other days. Team members are nice to work with and helpful.
Most managers are good, easy to deal with.
The work is easy but fast, lots of manual work. Not many machines and no extra staff.

It’s not bad if you want to be busy
Maybe your reviewing this job and asking yourself a question like “is it really that bad?” The answer is YES it is BRUTAL. Don’t even bother with management or HR at all. Put your head down and shut up or you’ll simply be fired. TINFROG is a company slogan that they show absolutely nothing relative too. They do bare minimum and illegal stuff when it comes to safety. You have to be voted on to the health and safety committee even though you have the right to participate maybe management would know this if they didn’t sleep through training
The management is filled with nepotistic boomers who are all friends with each other. If you get hired here you will be underpaid and largely given no upward mobility. If you dare ever complain they will immediately start looking for your replacement within an hour.
No accountability.

My manager has no clue about my job but he likes to micro-manage my work.

No work life balance, I had to work during my vacation because no one can cover my work for me.
Managers r rude they dont care about anyone everyone is always replaceable there its actually pretty disgusting especially the top Male and female managers
Stressful job environment, management doesn't care. A lot of changes and lay off. All departments have short stuff. Culture is acceptable. They have snacks and free lunches some time. Very busy work load, if you looking for balance of work with personal life is not perfect place.
Pros
Free sample food
Cons
Very high load of work
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hain Celestial Canada?
Due to high turnover of this company, there's a huge gap in knowledge transfer. As the results, a lot of people don't know how to perform their job on a daily basis.
If you want to be worked faster than the machines and still be told that its not fast enough. Then this is the place for you.
No respect

High employee turnover

If you have one second to stand and do nothing, then you are not working hard enough
I found that working here is not cool and I'm cool so I'm like no I'm not working here. So I went out for a RIP and hit the mud and I was like oh frig ya bud. Dont reccomend to anyone.
Pros
Nuttin
Cons
Big loads
An absolute waste of time when it comes to professional development. Leadership is arrogant and not sensitive to the key issues within the department. Do not recommend to stay and/or work there
great group of people, but no work life balance and
Regularly disrespected and taken advantage of. No sympathy for working overtime or working weekends or during your breaks to finish your workload. Company needs to hire more people because the workload is absolutely nuts. Worst company I've ever worked for.
The work environment is horrible. People are cold and mean. They have been here for too long so they think they own this place. People are very disrespectful towards each other. Benefits and wages are comparable to market. They provide free breakfast on tuesdays and have a social committee onboard.
Pros
Free Breakfast on tuesday
Cons
Some people need to be fired!!!!!
Worked here 4 months ..the management never knew what was going on ..supervisor is legit the worst & has no clue what she is doing ..being name called and disrespected is the best this she knows how to do ..
Pros
Wage
Cons
Mangment
If you value yourself don’t even think of working here!
Management is the worst part. Workload is too high and they expect you to work like machines without recognizing people’s hard work.
Pros
Nothing, except few good colleagues
Cons
Everything from salary to management, work-life balance
This isn’t the place to be if you want to be valued, maintain a work balance in your life or advance your career. Not sure what can/should be done but currently it’s pretty bad.
Pros
Close to highways. Free parking.
Cons
Workload, silos, pay, flexibility
Two day training ..manager has no respect ..expect you to do a job with two days training .Dont go there unless you like to be disrespected and glad I'm not there anymore .
HR and SMT senior mgt team really don’t care about the people. Over the years all the good people have left because there is no incentive to stay. They are always shocked when people who have been very vocal about being unhappy leave. Makes no sense, people tell you their problems and you don’t address, of course they leave. The whole company is broken. Way too much work, not enough resources, and they expect more and more and more.
Pros
Location is near highway, easy to drive to
Cons
Senior management, working hours, low pay, bonuses paid very late, no transparency