Hagerty

Hagerty Employee Reviews

Overall, Hagerty is a great place to work there are constant promotions which leaves other high performers uneasy and when I say promotions, I mean there are promotions on top of promotions for individuals in the same year
Benefits
Cons
It’s all in who you know.
Great company to work everyone is willing to help and I feel that Hagerty really really values their employees and wants to make sure that they are doing well.
You will be over worked grossly underpaid and undermined. Yearly bonuses and annual raises are a joke, and downright insulting. You have to arrive for your shift 10-15 minutes ahead of time ( which you are not paid for, but required to do) to get the needed computer programs up and running for your shift. When taking a bathroom break you have to log out of system your are only given a lunch break no 10 or 15 minutes breaks and don’t get hurt on the job HR will do everything they can to keep you from returning to work weeks without pay etc... this company is not what they seem you work in a call center and are treated as just another number never a person they do not care about loyalty or hard work numbers only companies never do Don’t waste your time with this place
I loved working here, I only left because I moved to a different city. My manager (team leader) was very nice, I was never afraid to go to her with questions. My team and I hung out after work in social settings and always had fun. While I was there, they had a big presentation every year with the owner and gave numbers from the previous year and where they were expected to go, showed new ideas and incentives and gave a free lunch. They give away free stuff all the time. You can earn virtual points and use them to buy different kinds of swag, all is great quality!

All in all, it's a great place to work!!
This company loves to talk about how great they are but actions speak louder than words. You will be micro managed down to the very second, the system you work on is super slow which gets frustrating for both staff and clients. You have to come in 10-15 minutes early everyday (unpaid) just to clock in on time because of how slow their systems are. If you are a minute late due to waiting for their system, it’s counted against you. Management could use training on how to better coach their employees as their bully tactics aren’t helpful. I enjoyed the duties of the actual LSA role itself, coworkers and the clients are nice and they do provide free food a lot in the summertime so that’s a bonus. However, the negative definitely outweighed the positive. I have worked at much better companies so I would pass this one up unless you’re desperate.
I enjoyed my time working at Hagerty. I worked in a temporary position and the coworkers were very nice, helpful, and accommodating. The managers were fairly busy, so it was best to ask co-workers for help with a problem. There were employee events each week and it helped me connect more with my team.
Management lables themselves leaders while enabling one anothers cheating and infidelity and then leverage the high dollar legal team to sweep it under the rug. They age out long time dedicated employees and have zero gratitude for your service. Anytime the owner speaks aloud of duping clients that reveals all.
Pros
Traverse City is a nice place to live.
Cons
IT and HR management can't be trusted. This is the two headed snake of the company.
They expect you to do the work of a handful of positions, but the pay is horrible. They have the nickname "Hagerty High School" for a reason, its gossipy, cliquey, and if you ever have an opinion they don't like-they retaliate.
Management is young and inexperienced. Ambiguity and fallacy is the name of the game. If you're outspoken, direct and can think for yourself this is not the company for you. Even if you come to the table with great ideas, ways to make things more efficient etc. senior management will smile and act like you have a great idea, but then it'll go nowhere.
Pros
There's a gym.
Cons
Everything else
They will lead you to believe that there's no one like Hagerty but unfortunately it's just another glorified call center. Little room to advance. They say it's easy to promote from one level to the next but only if you love to brown-nose.
You day will consist of one call after another. Quite a few people are rude. They will downplay this in training but once you've been on the phones for a bit you'll see it's not true.

Guidelines are always changing which sounds positive but unfortunately that means no one is ever on the same page and some are open to interpretation. Good luck on escalated calls because managers take forever to respond via chat on if they can take it and will often insist you just handle it.

It's a slow paced work environment. You take calls but that's it. If you're looking to grow with a company Hagerty is NOT it. It will stunt your growth. Again only brown losers get anywhere with this company.

Management says they want to help you grow but most hover over you and tell you every little thing you are doing wrong with little to no praise.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hagerty?
Hagerty likes to talk about their open door policies and non discrimination however if you are a woman and speak your mind to a male supervisor they will make up a reason to get rid of you. If you are not a favorite the supervisor will make up a way to get rid of you. If you go to HR on a supervisor the supervisor will make up a way to get rid of you. THey say that they do not accept retaliation from supervisors however HR will go along with anything the supervisors make up to get rid of you. My supervisor liked to blame techs for problems that his favorite techs did and would scrutinize everything that a person that he wanted to get rid of did making them hate their jobs and would come down hard on any mistake they made no matter how small. He did it to me and several others before me.
Pass on this insurance company. In transition and in panic mode with technology and management strategies. A new strategy every week and meetings eat up your time at work making it impossible to leave at a normal end of day. C.E.O. thinks work and life are one and the same. Maybe if you own the company.
Almost no other company has a culture quite like Hagerty. Every employee is driven by the company's mission. Each department works together to make things happen efficiently. The people are extremely friendly and fun to work with. Plus, they have an exciting product and service...insurance for classic cars!
Pros
Amazing culture and people, great work environment
Cons
None that I can think of
I enjoyed the work I did for Hagerty , I took care of the employees telecommunications so they could take care of our customers. Hagerty is a leader in Classic care insurance, it's the fun insurance company.
Pros
Advance technology, positive environment, personal development encouraged
Cons
Some management inefficient
Unless you're extroverted and have a competitive outlook in life, this company won't sit well with you otherwise. They expect everyone to be exactly the same and don't seem to understand individualism or differences in character even though they pretend there is. A lot of what they do is advertise and as we all know, advertisements don't always tell the truth.
At Hagerty Insurance Company I worked in the department of corporate communications. I assisted in the creation/development of internal events such as the annual company picnic (with over 2,500 people in attendance). I also assisted in day to day external and internal communication endeavors.
If you dont have a family to feed and have somehow found an inexpensive living situation in the Traverse City area, Hagerty is an ok place to work. The starting pay is incredibly low for the area, especially after paying for benefits.

The environment is completely open, which should foster collaboration but you're tethered to a phone and timed in each status that you operate in which kills any possibility of creativity or collaboration with coworkers.

Coworkers, when you can access them, are helpful and kind. Everyone seems to care about each other to an extent. Managment comes across as helpful unless stressed, at times when I approached management for assistance I was greeted with cold indifference if they had a lot on their plate which fostered the belief that I shouldn't reach out for their assistance unless 100% necessary.

I once was in a work status for too long, apparently, and started receiving phone calls from Management about why that was. Everything you do is timed and watched which eventually made me feel uncomfortable to even use the restroom for fear of being timed by Management.

Lunch times and breaks were always changing. It was never the same from day to day.

The clients are lovely and fun to speak with, but it's a call center and no matter how they try to spin it with work environment you cant change the fact that employees are chained to a phone 8 hours a day.

Perks would be stand up desks, benefits like health, dental etc, kind co workers.

Cons are Management staff promoted to their positions without having proper leadership skills
 - more...
Pros
Friendky work place, benefits
Cons
Low entry level pay, poor management, watched and timed while working
The culture itself is designed to help all employees be their best selves. As long as you are willing to put in the work and commitment, internal growth is inevitable.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, open communication
Cons
Insurance
Hagerty products are the best. Work at your own pace.Customer service is at the highest level.100 % to car lovers.They will go out of their way to help.
Pros
True to their customers
Cons
I learned much about financial forecasting and analysis during my time with Hagerty. I worked closely with the VP of finance and other finance team members to develop monthly forecasts insurance premiums and policy counts across numerous business lines, and helped in assessing new alternatives for purchase card systems that would provide cost and time efficiency. The culture there was fantastic, with a very open door feel and the ability to engage with many of the senior employees on a regular basis. They had fun with their work, and Hagerty was sure to provide many opportunities for employees to learn more about the classic automobiles that are at the core of their business. They truly fostered and excitement for their work, and I cannot think of a more exemplary image of good business than Hagerty.
Pros
Fun employee activities, on-site gym/promotion of active lifestyles, open door culture
Cons
Overall I enjoyed my career at Hagerty, however as the company grows it appears to be moving away somewhat from the family values that it started with and is becoming more attractive to the younger crowd.
I would encourage anyone starting out in their career to work there as they can gain a lot of new tools and experiences.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hagerty. Our community is ready to answer.