Hafele

Hafele Employee Reviews

in at 8 out at 5 ,, eat lunch at desk, monitored constantly if not in phone queue , lots of orders , walk in clients, information distribution, take calls , create orders, returns, service requests, try and fix problems that were created by other departments. some of the people were good to work with. The salary is average but has room for improvement.
Pros
good learning environment
Cons
This was a great place to work but with some management change it is very stressful now. Hard to keep customer service representatives. Priorities are with the sales representatives with less concerns for the other employees.
Cons
I go to work everyday feeling proud to work at such a great company. Everyone helps one another and we get our job done. Some former employees with negative things to say, need a reality check because you wont find a better place to work.
This company is well known for architectural hardware, the product is well made and not cheap. Unfortunately this company doesn't have a clue how to deal with their employees. The organization is flat, meaning you have access to the GM, which is great because you have no authority to do anything without talking to him. And considering there are 20+ reps, its a wonder he gets anything done at all. People who are not qualified to be in certain positions are promoted because they suck up to him, and people qualities or ability to work with others isn't a quality they think is important. In order to keep their long time reps, the company gave them a much better fiscal deal, but neglected to give that same deal to the newer reps. So there is a revolving door because the newer reps can't make the same money as the older reps, so they leave. Why would you stay there if you could make better money elsewhere??
Pros
Cant think of one
Cons
Poor work environment
The management have no respect for their warehouse employees and are so far removed from day-to-day they don't understand the problems and difficulties to we faced.
Pros
good hours
Cons
lack of structure in the warehouse
Supervising Account Payable & Receivable, approving credits, checking bank reconcilliations, settling creditors with various currencies using internet banking, disputes settling among employees etc. I learned a lot about taxes eg.GST, QST,PST,WCB etc.Advising the sales manager to collect money from the customers who were overdue, work out stragies to increase sales. Most enoyable part of that job was to see year by year the sales were up and when I left in 2009 it was just over18 million from 4 million in 1995. The hardest part of the job to act against the non-performed employees.
Pros
sales achievement
Cons
i had to work most saturdays to finish off my work whereas the others enjoing an off day.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hafele?