Habitat For Humanity

Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

Canada359 reviews
Habitat For Humanity was great. We framed houses and worked as a team to get the job done. Lots of cutting and shaping lumber with power tools. Learned how to pour concrete in frames for basements in homes.
No employee really works together, they feel unappreciated, not part of any type of team and a lot of talking behind employees backs by store manager. I’ve watched her act like a child with employees when she doesn’t get her own way and almost every employee pays for it except for one.
Office politics was pathetic to say the least and I guess still is considering what has gone on in the last couple months. Nothing ever gets done by ED about the goings on....some employees have spoke up. I was lucky enough just to decide not go back for my own sanity...as a male that should say a lot
Pros
Great organization
Cons
Poor management, back stabbers
Company was very fair when I worked there , great people with a great cause , pay could of been a little higher for the work that I’ve done . Picking up donations 5-6 days a week sometimes 3-4 truck loads a day
Pros
Meeting a lot of new people .
Cons
Pay
Horrible back breaking tasks, management never has your back. Some staff members are extremely rude and childish yet nothing ever gets done about them. Your hours are all over the place, and they pay is garbage
Pros
Zero
Cons
Literally the whole company, and work place
Been workin at Habitat about 1 year now. I have learned a ton above and beyond my job description, recieved a whopping 50 cent raise and am still lower than living wage in Ontario. No room for advancement despite them claiming that there is.
Pros
Helping low income people.
Cons
I am a low income person from working here.
no recognition for the hard work. lazy co-workers who have no clue how to run a business. safety is of no concern to management. also, management is blind to the daily operations of locations
Due to it being a non-profit, completing tasks in a timely fashion, relative to other construction companies, is somewhat difficult. Often looking for donated time or materials often hampers production.
I worked as a volunteer on site, I got to learn some new skills the volunteers were very helpful. It's good to be able to help people to have a decent place to live in and Habitat is a pathway to gather volunteers who like to do something for their community.
Pros
An excellent goal, witch helps people to have a decent place to live in.
Cons
the site work needs better coordination.
Working at Habitat for Humanity gave me great work experience while also teaching me how to properly handle a variety of tasks while working with friendly coworkers and co-volunteers
get your uniform on sigh in and go to work hoe to work with people and customers very good boss fun to work with love what the goal of the job is the fast paced can be a littlee hard sometimes but you will get used to it
Pros
2 brake's and 1 lunch
Great workplace culture/environment , a rewarding experience for employees who feel they are making a significant difference in their communities and the world
I believe it was good I managed to be great at cleaning and organization it was a blast of a time i would recommend people to try it to get volunteer hours.
Pros
microwave, drinking water, sink to wash dishes
Cons
need to bring your own lunch
Do not trust management, the volunteers were great people to work with. If you like cleaning junk, this is the job for you. You will be responsible for assigning jobs to the volunteers and keeping yourself busy. Basically cleaning old toilets and wiping down used items with a wet rag. ( no gloves )
Habitat is a very rewarding, fast-paced environment with lots of different roles and responsibilities. The management and other employees are all very friendly and easy to get along with.
It was a wonderful experience working as a volunteer in this company.
Their managers were nice and polite to volunteers like me.

They give me true and valuable advice.
Pros
low prices
Cons
difficult to find a job here
Working as a cashier here was very relaxing, I was in charge of coordinating pickups and deliveries, as well as cash involvement as a cashier. Also helped to put stock out on floor when I was not busy at cash.
I met some really nice people volunteering for Habitat. I really like the ethos of the company, and it is really great to be able to give back to the community. I have always had an interest in construction, and how houses are build and working in the shop was very insightful and a fun experience. I really enjoy working with my hands and helping out.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
none really
This is not your typical construction job as it is more about building homes for those less fortunate. It did feel really good knowing that hen you go to work you are helping build a home for a family who needs help. The construction moves quick as any construction site would. Sometimes you take a break from the build site and help out at the Habitat for humanity re store where you help accept donations.
Habitat is an amazing cause and a lot of hard work. People have a negative stigma for the Restore and that was the hardest part for sure. Also not a ton of room for advancement.
I am part-time volunteer in the habitat for humanity. it is a nice place to spend time being with communities and help people to promote their housing.
Was enjoyable but at times hard to find a task to get done. They needed more heavy lifters instead of shelf organizers so it was hard to find things to do.