Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

Found 272 reviews matching the search See all 2,208 reviews
Brief.
lift truck operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 May 2019
Good overall place to work but I only worked there for a three month training program.They did teach me how to build a house almost single handed.Really friendly staff.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Temp position
Productive and energetic place to work.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 April 2019
• Worked in field as landscaper and produced detailed daily work progress reports.
• Supervised daily construction procedure and acquired hands on experience.
• Evaluated design errors and made recommendation to avoid re-occurrence
n/a
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON14 April 2019
Great place to volunteer to make a difference in the community. Staff and volunteers are friendly and informative. Wonderful place to gain experience and learn key workplace lessons
Lovely place to volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON12 March 2019
I enjoyed volunteering at Habitat for Humanity. Typically you helped in maintaining the overall cleanliness of the store, stocking shelves, and doing inventory. I learned a lot about costumer service and working with others as part of a team.
All around a good workplace
Labourer/Warehouse (contract) (Former Employee) –  Fonthill, ON4 March 2019
A typical day could consist of many different things. sometimes fixing or repainting furniture. Some days we would do pick ups and deliveries in the truck.

I learned how to sand and polish furniture, how to test electric appliances, how to build shelves and other furniture.

I never had a single problem with management.
everyone was really nice and understanding.
A great place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC25 February 2019
Every location is different, UFV Habitat for Humanity had a fun family atmosphere. 90% of the staff got along great and even did things together after hours. The management staff put the employees needs first, allowing for time off when needed, offering extended medical etc.
Pros
Work place atmosphere
Cons
wage
Enjoyed working at this job lots to do
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB15 February 2019
I stocked shelves
Put carts away in aisles
Cleaned donations sorted donations
Cleaned store swept and mopped
Ticketed donations kept track of different sales
The donations were sorted with different colors
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not enough volunteers
great place to work at
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON10 February 2019
I happened upon this job by pure accident. When I found it, I was immediately surprised. Very easy to get started and building relationships with people. Very rewarding
good place to help to community at
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 February 2019
Great place to help the community by building homes for less fortunate families. Affordable prices. Plenty of variety of product. Accommodating and helpful staff.
Really Productive
Mississauga, Ontario Procuerment Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 February 2019
Great experience with meeting new people. I love the goal of the company, the values and the methods to improve the world. The bad mouthing and gossip in management needs to stop. It makes for a toxic work environment.
Over all amazing
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON25 January 2019
Working there was an absolute pleasure. everyone makes you feel welcome and appreciated. sometime i wish i was still there because the employees and manager made a lasting impression.
Pros
Great cause, hard work.
Cons
not enough hours
An easy volunteer location
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fonthill, ON14 January 2019
A great place to learn some hand working skills such as simple electronic repairs, merchandising and experience with working in a hardware store including the lifting and moving of product as well as knowledge of tools.
great workplace
VOLUNTEER and worked (Former Employee) –  30 hedgedale rd brampton13 January 2019
i love this work place. this job is a job that is for a person who is welling to work with their hands. and includes doing paperwork, inventory and more fun stuff.
fun
Volunteer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS11 January 2019
nice place, flexible hours, the environment is great, nice place to be, and fun with working and helping customers with their products. Great all around volunteer experience.
Volunteered for the day to help build a house
Food Drive and Run Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 December 2018
I volunteered to help build a house. Most of the day was spent installing joist hangers. Everyone was helpful, friendly and very patient with me, since I had almost no experience.
Pros
Free lunch, friendly people
fun working environment
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 December 2018
i enjoyed my time here management and staff was very fun and youthful id happily work here for real as i was a co op student and to all who wish to apply you'll be in good hands
Pros
free food
Cons
short lunches
it a great place to volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON11 December 2018
I was a great place to volunteer and the management and co-workers were very kind and helpful people. I would recommend volunteering there if you need volunteer hours
Pros
nice people
Cons
sometime no much to do if its a slow day
Fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2018
I learnt many essential skills while volunteering at Habitat for Humanity GTA. I definitely recommend volunteering here to experience new things and grow skills.
good place to work
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC2 December 2018
typical day would be to organize donations, help the customers with purchases, maintain a clean work environment. Decent management direction and overall a happy place to work
Habitat Volunteering
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON28 November 2018
Good organization and a good cause. The employee who ran the volunteer orientation was nice and easy to talk to. I would have to agree with the previous review about management and the specific worker. The manager cleans and is in the office a lot, instead of taking care of other important store issues. The warehouse worker acts like a gatekeeper for everything else. They each seem to play captain, but that’s how it is. Everything else seems to be okay.

You also get to meet other volunteers who share their knowledge and experiences with you. Working with these volunteers can make projects easier to complete. Tasks vary from day to day. Sweeping, cleaning, building furniture and cabinets, repair work, helping take stuff off the truck and so on. There are occasional break periods where you can sit and chat.

This place was a goldmine of stuff on occasion. At the Restore you can buy new and used tools, hardware, and cool return items from the big box stores.
Pros
working with others

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Habitat For Humanity. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3