Habitat for Humanity Wellington Dufferin Guelph

Habitat for Humanity Wellington Dufferin Guelph Employee Reviews

Micromanagement and bad work culture
Staff (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON10 August 2018
The morale and culture in this office are some of the worst I have witnessed. Management is tone deaf to their staffs needs. Very sad for an organization that is supposed to be empathetic and supportive of community. If any outsiders saw how the office and restore work they would be appalled. Do not work here.
Pros
Nothing.
27 September 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Employee morale and a positive work environment are important to us. The management team makes every effort to be supportive of staff needs. Please do feel welcome to contact us to discuss your feedback and opportunities for improvement. Our offices can be reached at 519-767-9752.

Bad work culture - demeaning mananagement.
Management member (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON7 August 2018
Very ancient way of doing things at this establishment. Which leads to a numerous amount of confusion both on the side of the retail staff, and management. Depending on your role you will be asked to do things that are not in the realm of the job you will be hired to do. For example make trips to other stores (no reimbursement), lift over the actual legal limit with very little help and tools you need (forklift, sicssor lift, or even enough pump carts), not to mention the amount of people you’ll have to train without fully being trained or once again receiving reimbursement. Management is out of touch with the pulse of the store - given that some of them have personal shares in the company this doesn’t make sense. One would think they would be able to at least check and see how things are developing so that decisions can be made that help the entire culture of the store - which in turn will help sales which goes to building those homes. While the idea of what is supposed to be accomplished (building homes for the less fortunate) will help you go home and feel somewhat better about your days, it’s overshadowed by the seemingly endless amount of unfair work, poor communication and culture. As an employee you will be told how much it costs to build one of these homes. One thing you will not be told is how much money most of the people in the affiliate are making. Which wouldn’t matter in most cases, except in this work environment there is an emphasis on sales targets being met on a daily basis because of the homes that need building. If you’re looking for a pay cheque this is  more... a great place to work. But if you want to work in a place with realistic expectations and a positive work culture everyday I would recommend staying far away from this place.  less
Pros
Free snacks.
Cons
Long hours, bad work culture, unrealistic expectations, possible money siphoning.
Great cause, good people, good management
Director (Current Employee) –  Wellington Dufferin Guelph26 July 2018
Habitat for Humanity is an extraordinary cause. Those that dedicate their time, passion and professional experience as employees are valued and appreciated by management. Management also encourages professional development, work-life balance, and collaboration.

Staff seem to feel genuinely connected to the cause and supportive of each other. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that together, were working as a team in support of an important mission.
Pros
good people, great cause
Worst Work Environment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON20 June 2018
This was the worst job I have ever had. Major problems with management, micromanagement, rude and disrespectful behaviour from from "leaders". Entire staff is miserable. This affiliate needs an overhaul. I am in shock that these working conditions have gone as they have for so long. Do not apply for ANY job in the office here.
25 July 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry to hear that this was your experience. Employee wellness and a positive work environment are important to us. Please do feel welcome to contact us to discuss your feedback and opportunities for improvement. Our offices can be reached at 519-767-9752.

Store employee
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON23 April 2018
Never have I worked for such a terrible company. Stay away . They they hide behind their name and the fact that they are a charity to try and cover their glaring inadequacies. Highest turn over rate of anywhere I've worked. Your money spent to build affordable homes? Ask what the big dogs salary is for this altruistic non profit.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Far too many to list
25 July 2018

Great cause, awful work environment
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON2 April 2018
Very poor culture, negative work environment, staff work in silo rather than as a team, micro managing is a huge issue. Time management is poor any initiative becomes over systimized, over analyzed and as a result does not come into fruition. Affiliate lacks direction and as a result of all of the aforementioned comments, there is high turnover.
Pros
Great cause