Habitat for Humanity GTA Management reviews

The managers and supervisors are approachable.
Placement / Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 July 2018
Being a volunteer at Habitat for Humanity was a challenging experience because you need to be patient enough to deal with customers or people who wants to donate something for the Restore. Explaining the policies and procedures to every customers is also helpful to build your communication skills.

The management treated me well most especially the supervisor and the manager were considerate and approachable at all times whenever you needed to ask them or needed help.

The good thing about volunteering here was you will meet new people who can be your friends and will share their knowledge about how things works for the company.
great team work and very helpful, management very nice and always smile, support all workers, they give me motivation to do my best and work harder
Procurement Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2018
The management very helpful and understand what you need to improve new workers.
Department where I was working always help me to support and joy my work.
Casual and friendly work environment built to support customers and volunteers
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 March 2017
The atmosphere was always very welcoming and the people were oftentimes very helpful and welcoming to both customers and volunteers alike. Working as a volunteer is pretty simple, as you just need to go around and assist customers or the staff as they need it, generally consisting of providing information about the products or how to donate, or labour in order to take in new donations or reorganize the store. I learned some useful customer service and organizational skills as a result. The management was very nice and supportive, save for a couple of the higher ups who were always too stiff and demanding, but generally the workplace was a fun place to be. There aren't many difficulties in this job since it's all simple tasks that you can get used to quickly, so nothing very strenuous.
Pros
Choose your own break times, friendly staff, usually polite customers
Cons
Some rude people in management, very tiring labour at times
Friendly and Helpfull Management and Colleagues
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 January 2017
I have only volunteered once but I plan on future volunteer dates. I found management to be helpfull, understanding, friendly and informative in a non jugemental way. They even served to us at break time the best fresh homemade ginger cookies I've ever had!. I look forward to my next volunteer oppourtunity!. Great People, Learning & Fun Times. I enjoyed my time volunteering, especially considering that we were working outdoors in December/January!.
Pros
Fresh Homemade Ginger Cookies
Cons
Working outdoors in December/January
Best for Everyone!
Build Crew Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2016
I used to Volunteer in Build Crew Part.
If you are not doing any job and even if you are, you must volunteer.

You must give your part to society and it feels good.

Best part, working with people who are willing to volunteer. Age doesn't matter.

I remember there was CEO of a company and there were also students of Undergrad and they were all bonding.

For me, it is best place to take off your mind from depression etc.

Best place for building amazing loving relations!
Awesome place.
Pros
Whenever you want to, whereever you want to, no restrictions, no restriction for timings, you can come and go whenever
Cons
No Cons as far as I know.
Productive and fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 March 2016
Great management and friendly co-workers. I've learned useful skills regarding to multiple areas in trades. Some of the hardest part about my experience regarding to this job was to work outside in the cold winter.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No payment
Habitat for Humanity
Family Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  toronto ON16 August 2013
I loved working with the families, and it was especially fantastic to empower women from 'traditional' families to put on hardhats and steel-toed boots so that they could contribute to building their own homes.

The purpose of the company is great but there tends to be a bias against non-Christians in the workplace. I was very much a people person but my boss was very corporate and this caused conflict when looking out for the best interests of the families who were to receive Habitat homes.
Pros
FANTASTIC working with the families who were to receive housing, Loved going out into different communities to do public relations/speaking!
Cons
Poor management, long hours.