Habitat for Humanity GTA Employee Reviews

Fun experience building homes for charity
Construction Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 December 2018
Had a fun time with fellow colleagues building houses, for the less fortunate. The experience lead us to experience many new things such as working with tools and building houses.
Pros
Feel good helping for charity, also fun environment and experience
Cons
Hard work
Great place to volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 July 2018
Typical day is general labour, great place to learn new skills, management is beyond reproach, workplace is safe. You work hard, and get enjoyable result.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Hard work
The managers and supervisors are approachable.
Placement / Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 July 2018
Being a volunteer at Habitat for Humanity was a challenging experience because you need to be patient enough to deal with customers or people who wants to donate something for the Restore. Explaining the policies and procedures to every customers is also helpful to build your communication skills.

The management treated me well most especially the supervisor and the manager were considerate and approachable at all times whenever you needed to ask them or needed help.

The good thing about volunteering here was you will meet new people who can be your friends and will share their knowledge about how things works for the company.
A productive workplace that is respective of its workers and volunteers
General Worker and Helper (Volunteer-Labourer) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2018
Habitat for humanity is a good company to volunteer for if you are planning to enter the field of construction or engineering, they are respectful of their employees and volunteers and it gives you a taste of what construction is really like.
great team work and very helpful, management very nice and always smile, support all workers, they give me motivation to do my best and work harder
Procurement Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2018
The management very helpful and understand what you need to improve new workers.
Department where I was working always help me to support and joy my work.
Productive, fun environment where you meet lots of great people
Deconstruction Volunteer (Former Employee) –  East York, ON27 March 2018
I was a volunteer with the deconstruction team for Habitat for Humanity GTA and they are absolutely great people to work with. It was a very welcoming environment and although it was alot of hard work they are great at helping you through any challenges you run into.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Physically demanding
Productive and Very Well Organaized Company
Build site volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 January 2018
Perfect to get practical engineering experience in the field. Very friendly environment and co-workers. Nicely fits for any age groups and gender. Flexible graphic provides you with great opportunity manage your time.
Great Experience, great people.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 January 2018
My time at HFH was fun and great learning experiemce for the field i want to work in. The indidviduals there were fantastic and always willing to help.
Pros
Free lunch
Casual and friendly work environment built to support customers and volunteers
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 March 2017
The atmosphere was always very welcoming and the people were oftentimes very helpful and welcoming to both customers and volunteers alike. Working as a volunteer is pretty simple, as you just need to go around and assist customers or the staff as they need it, generally consisting of providing information about the products or how to donate, or labour in order to take in new donations or reorganize the store. I learned some useful customer service and organizational skills as a result. The management was very nice and supportive, save for a couple of the higher ups who were always too stiff and demanding, but generally the workplace was a fun place to be. There aren't many difficulties in this job since it's all simple tasks that you can get used to quickly, so nothing very strenuous.
Pros
Choose your own break times, friendly staff, usually polite customers
Cons
Some rude people in management, very tiring labour at times
Decidate your time but no benefits?
Procurement Donations Agent - Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 March 2017
I like working at Habitat, they are understanding but there is no room for growing. They try to be so cheap with workforce that they won't even give you money for transportations.
productive workplace,target oriented
Build Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2017
nice people,learning environment,wonderful crews and crew leaders,work life balance is good.quality job delivery,work safety is held with uttermost priority.very appreciative group of people,always willing to assist you understand the concept behind every activities.
Pros
nice staffs and fantastic crew
Cons
non
Great people to work with.
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON21 February 2017
Great mission and people to work with. One of the best jobs I have ever had. Every day was a good story. Working along side people (volunteers) that wanted to be there.
Pros
Good community spirit.
Cons
Lack of resources
Friendly and Helpfull Management and Colleagues
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 January 2017
I have only volunteered once but I plan on future volunteer dates. I found management to be helpfull, understanding, friendly and informative in a non jugemental way. They even served to us at break time the best fresh homemade ginger cookies I've ever had!. I look forward to my next volunteer oppourtunity!. Great People, Learning & Fun Times. I enjoyed my time volunteering, especially considering that we were working outdoors in December/January!.
Pros
Fresh Homemade Ginger Cookies
Cons
Working outdoors in December/January
Good mission and right objective
Construction Manager for York Region (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON26 November 2016
I believe in the mission statement however I don't believe it is being enacted in its truest spirit. Great organization but since the merger not so much.
Rewarding job
Etobicoke ReStore Full Time Associate (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON16 October 2016
The impact Habitat for Humanity makes on peoples lives is phenomenal. Working at one of the ReStores - a vital part of the charitable organization that seeks to bring in much needed revenues for the charity through the sale of donated goods - was an eye opening experience.
Pros
wonderful and vibrant volunteers and donors helping out a worthwhile charity
Cons
extreme physical stress and exhaustion
Entring data acurately by Raiser's Edge
Volunteer (Coop Placement) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2016
During the day, I need to concentrate and deal with the data accurately and I need to be multi-tasked.
I need to report directly to my supervisor who also trains me
Best for Everyone!
Build Crew Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2016
I used to Volunteer in Build Crew Part.
If you are not doing any job and even if you are, you must volunteer.

You must give your part to society and it feels good.

Best part, working with people who are willing to volunteer. Age doesn't matter.

I remember there was CEO of a company and there were also students of Undergrad and they were all bonding.

For me, it is best place to take off your mind from depression etc.

Best place for building amazing loving relations!
Awesome place.
Pros
Whenever you want to, whereever you want to, no restrictions, no restriction for timings, you can come and go whenever
Cons
No Cons as far as I know.
Productive and fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 March 2016
Great management and friendly co-workers. I've learned useful skills regarding to multiple areas in trades. Some of the hardest part about my experience regarding to this job was to work outside in the cold winter.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No payment
great place to work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2016
very friendly environment ,aswell as safety for employees and customers.
great place to learn and gain knowlege from experienced employees and staff.
a place where it feels good to give back to the community .feel welcomed by staff and able to carry out a hard days work with efficiency .
Pros
felt good to help the community
Cons
not enough volunteers when u need them
Good
Administration Assistant (Volunteering Internship) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 October 2015
This work experience was a volunteering experience which gives me lots of inspirations and I acquired lots of work skills from it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Habitat for Humanity GTA. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5