Here to help
Information from HSBC:

HSBC Employee Reviews for Personal Banker

Personal Banker33 reviews
Canada33 reviews
I thoroughly enjoyed working for HSBC. at my branch there was sufficient training and grooming for advancement. I had amazing senior personelle and I would work there again in the future. Great benefits. Only downside was in my area there wasn't enough hours to keep me busy as a personal banker full time.
Pros
Great overall
Cons
Just not enough hours
Learned a lot as a bank teller.
Job allowed me to feel confident to grow in other areas

Online lessons really strengthend my day to day activities.

Management encouraged to communicate with customers to know better what the requore.
The branch I worked at was great, but over all experience for employees depends on the line manager, every branch is different in terms of expectations for their employees, you will be lucky to find a branch that matches your personality and work style.
Working for 10 people's job with one person's pay. Always staying for OT WITHOUT PAY. Training sucks, I was on the job on day 3 without any training. A lot of clients just come and yell at you, especially the ones who are not very educated.
As with many large companies, there was a disconnect between those in the higher-ups and employees doing the work on the front lines.
The staff I personally worked with were great.
work can get quite stressful when there are not enough staff. I feel like hsbc canada is lacking versus other banks and customers are not happy with our products
The working culture is average. My direct manager was very understanding, however not the more senior roles. The expectation was not align with realistic goals branch by branch.
Awesome place to work
great management

internation exposure posibility

advancement opportinites

digitally not fully advanced

things to work out image wise for some previous bad PR
Pros
Great vacation time off longer then other banks
Cons
not a known bank locally
great place and environment - friendly, lot of details, you have to have an accounting background. commitment, I enjoyed dealing and serving clients, and learned a lot and gained a lot of experience
Handling customer's daily personal banking needs. A strong emphasis in compliance (particularly in KYC, AML), which is good in developing communication and analytical skills. However, it is a very cut-throat environment as the system is quite behind from other key competitors.
As an international famous bank, HSBC provides a world wide visions to their bankers. We need to provide great customer services to clients with different cultures and languages.

HSBC is concern with anti- money laundering, and know-Your-Client
Pros
Gain the knowledge of AML and KYC
Cons
some restriction are not client-friendly
Workplace culture needs a change, employee morale quite low due to micromanagement and heavy work load. Current (relatively new) CEO trying to implement positive change.
Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
Contribute to team-based approach in managing customer needs.

Actively participate and assist with all Bank promotional programs, sales and direct marketing initiatives.
An enjoyable work environment. Salaries are very low. that would be the only problem. Opportunity for advancement. Very fair employer. Team environment
Unfortunately the management at HSBC is not great - employees are not treated fairly upon arrival. Unless you know someone already working there or have a good rapport with the managers beforehand it is an extremely difficult place to work.
The experience of working at one of core branches provides me opportunities to learn a lot. The more that I can learn at this position, the more helpful to my future career.
Its a good place to work, pay is not that great. People are nice, I learnt alot working there. Clients are very nice people and that makes life much easy there.
HSBC is not a good place to work for anyone who wants a good work life balance. There is a LOT of pressure to meet targets, in fact that's your only job. Meet your targets - get your paycheck.
I worked at the branch; they were all welcoming and offered support whenever possible. Lots of opportunities to increase productivity; especially with the advancement of technology, a lot of paper based approaches are still being used at the branch for the tellers.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
salary
great work colleagues and superiors
excellent benefits

not much opportunities internally

very repetitive work

HSBC standard is very high since it's a global bank; however, HSBC Canada itself is a small bank with limited services. Working in retail, it was very difficult to make customer happy.
This job allows me to use my interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills. The hardest part is the amount of work to do on a daily basis - so much work, not enough time. I love working with my team as we help each other where we can.