HSBC Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

European bank going through heavy restructuring. Usually a moderate work load but very generous benefits compared to competitors. Opportunity for advancement might take some time but there is job stability.
While working there I was appreciated by my peers and they help you grow by sharing knowledge selflessly.It is a wonderful place to work and it you love downtown then you have got it made.
Bad culture especially the people from Mainland China or HK. Very clickish organization- politics is so high. The management team are so snobbish and really take their titles to heart. Watch your backs.
Benefits
Cons
Culture and bad management
Good place to learn and develop career wise because of multiple products offered. Good management, Management is very helpful and there to guide you. Workplace culture is very easy-going yet professional. Meeting clients or new people inspire me to be at work.
Pros
meeting different clients
Cons
less hours
Working with HSBC was great, had wonderful team members and team leaders, who were willngly to put me through the various processes when i first resumed. After getting well rooted into the system I was in turn able to help new and old members as well.
I am so proud of being one of a stuffs in this company! This is the entrance of banking for my life of working. I had a very good opportunity to learn banking products and services.
I have worked for HSBC for over 22 years, 15 years at Main branch and 7 years at Harvest Hills branch. Customer service is what I do best. None of the work is repetitive, you always had something new everyday.
Pros
I enjoyed serving and knowing the clients very well.
Lots of heir achy and hard to get anything done. All decisions must go through multiple layers of management before anything is decided. Always cost cutting
Pros
Global Business
Cons
Too many layers of management
pretty good big bank good benefit deal with difficult clients everyday good hours can transfer internally Bosses are supportive work culture within the team is great
A place I learned a lot about the financing world as well as management. The management style was harsh at times and advancement was limited. The benefits were amazing.
Benefits
Cons
The hours
Call centre job was a nightmare to me, but could be a good job for you if you are' the talkative' and 'doesn't get affected by others' words' type of people. Culture was bad, managing style was horrible.
Pros
fixed hours, no need to OT
Cons
everything else..
Working with HSBC was very good for me, I learned alot and i grow proffesionally with the company. It was a very well balanced with my personal life.
Pros
Always learning something new
Cons
Management not always fair
Bank is good and its environment is also. Only one issue that conditions are more favorable if you are from Hong Kong or China.
For the most part I really liked working for HSBC. I wish I could have learned more in the time I was there. I thank them for giving me the opportunity to work for them. I wish I could have transferred when I moved.
Everyday, as I go to work, the environment that I have with this company constantly showing me that we can be healthy at work. Working in a BPO industry as we know has its graveyard shifts and its not easy to deal with especially in a day to day basis, but my workplace made it easier for me since I have the best people to work with. The staff are all understanding on the needs of its employees. The upper Bosses are all approachable and sometimes you wouldn't think they are the boss. The only hard part on this environment is the safety when going home or vice versa during delinquent times. Another thing that also makes me smile, is that our Company provides shuttle for us. Also, it makes your life more easier since it conducts parties, gatherings and events for work and life balance.
Pros
Free juices, coffee and shuttle ride.
Cons
N/a
I found it a generally well rounded cohesive place to work. I enjoyed the customer contact and new challenges that came every day. My co workers were agreeable and team players. The management for the most part was well trained and cordial. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with new mandates and courses, but kept you challenged.
Pros
good flexible working hours
Cons
nothing to note
I was always the top 3 salesman in the customer service teamI cooperated well with my coworkers
My typical day at work is to help clients with their financial needs and also help them with their financial decisions.My co- workers are very friendly and suppotive.The hardest part of my job is to keep up sometimes with paper works.The most enjoyable part is the relationship which I maintain with my clients.
I learned that to work at this branch you would be moved up the ladder very quickly, but it was challening, because management was not very forthcoming with what they expected of you.
Flexible scheduleGreat ExperienceNew experiences daily