Here to help
Information from HSBC:

HSBC Employee Reviews for Account Executive

Account Executive18 reviews
Canada18 reviews
First thing, we will get new leads. Then a little huddle with the team to get any updates.
We will then contact new clients to offer our L.O.C.

Handling pressure is very important.
Pros
learning how to sale
Cons
very high targets
I found that the management in this company was not very support, however very divisive. Not a good learning environment, no real support, I was very unhappy in this company
This division of HSBC is closed and no longer in business. You cannot work for this company in Canada. As that is the case i cannot review it for others to see.
Pros
out of business
Cons
out of business
This company was a branch off HSBC that would take high interest credit cards, such as Future Shop or The Bay, that are about to expire and try and do consolidation loans.
Typical day is hectic, knowlwdgble about different products. Management is great, committed to train you so that you will succeed. The culture at this workplace is great.
Cons
Not a positive environment to work in a lot of politics internally poor coaching and feedback given to employees a lot of turnover and very stressful to communicate with management
Pros
Brand
Cons
Poor coaching
It was a fun work place where I contributed immensely to the growth of the company. Customer satisfaction was my priority.

I followed company policies and protected company's image and growth.
Pros
Independence within a team
Cons
I was there for only a short period of time before HSBC moved their lines of business to the US which did not allow me to get a good feel for the company
Working for HSBC was a challenging and positive experience for me.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at HSBC?
My duties at Hsbc Finance included simplifying customers financial situation with company products, ei 2nd mortgage, loans, lines of credits, consolidation.
I've learned to work well and understand a customers perspective at times of need and by assisting them to my best ability by providing them with the best option available that will support their personal financial needs.

Managment was not on its firm side, there could have been a lot more ways to help me excell in my position. Had to self teach myself as well as learn from some unexperienced co-workers to learn in this company.

My co-workers were always there to help with compliance issues and always made sure my work was done properly.

Hardest part of my job was to have every file precise so that it is complient.

Acheiving a customers needs and wants, and seeing my work has really benefitted their situation.
Pros
bonus structure, large incentives
Cons
lacking on proper management guidelines
• Meet or exceed sales goals/targets
• Assist the Branch Sales Manager with auditing, loan documentation, proceeds disbursement and counter-payment processing.

• Perform mortgage closing ( 2nd mortgages ) delinquency follow-up, credit inquiries, and loan approvals.

• Bank promotional programs, and direct marketing initiatives by executing customer calling in a professional and efficient manner (outbound/inbound calls).

• Responsible to maintain a superior, high quality, and courteous service to promote retail products to attract, retain and expand customer relationship.

Capability, identifying and understanding customers' needs and goals in order to resolve issues quickly and effectively
Learn to know the needs of the customer. Had a great Manager..Enjoy attending training and seminars.
It was my first job in Canada and I learned a lot on job. It was a all rounder job where you learn all aspects of business, accounting and management.
Pros
free lunches on month ends
Cons
very long hours
Selling Secured and Unsecured Lines of Credits and Closed end loans.
Assigned Branch Ambassador for a new financial product and succeeded our branch target to obtain the number one spot in Canada for the branch, January 2012

In March 2012, I was personally ranked 11th in overall sales out of 428 Account Executives in Canada.

Assisted in training new hires and helped coached other branches in various selling techniques.

Helped branch reach top sales in the district by exceeding my sales targets.

Worked closely with existing customers to resolve delinquent accounts by re writing accounts or making alternate arrangements to remove the account from a delinquent status.
I spent nearly 4 years moving up within the company. Things went very well, the people were all supportive and fun to be around. the training regiment promoted learning.
Pros
great peopl
Cons
fun and great place to interact with clients ,
analyze their financial situations
Pros
daily meetings to help improve with job
Cons
adjust time according to customer's demand
had a great experience dealing face to face with clients and studying their financial situations and advising them with what to do that will benefit them.
Pros
daily meetings to help improve with job
Cons
trainings are not very