HSBC Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Impressive pay wages for management levels If u arent a part of a social circle good luck Stick to national sales nicer people in that group Best wishes with your endeavours
Many incompetent people. They never do their job on time. Making me push and ask all the time for their work so i can do mine. The guy i asked question never answers my question and lectures me about some irrelevant stuff. People, please go to reputable university. I don't know how these people got a job here. It tells you a lot about our banking system. It's not the peope, it's just CDN banking ystem.
Pros
Cons
All of it
I had a ‘bait and switch’ situation that was never rectified. Complete disrespect for my position from the highest up management. I would never recommend HSBC to anybody, for any reason.
Agile, Empowering and flexible work from home. The ability to take ownership of a task or project from start to finish, support from Senior management.
My time at HSBC was too short for me to elaborate and describe about my time and experience while at HSBC Canada. My experience with the manager I reported to was great.
This organization too big to function simply. Too much bureaucracy. Too much scare tactics. No direction. No one will guide you to learn job. Or correct you if needed. Just punish when mistake is made. Not fun!
Pros
37.5 hrs week nice
Cons
Too complex its weeks for approvals to be even considered
Great working environment. The management is quite supportive. Being a global organization, you get exposure to both local and international markets. The organization believes in taking good care of their staffs. The organization also likes to keep customers in the heart of everything they do.
A typical day at work was like any other work environment. Staff was kind and work was enjoyable. I learned global risk management and compliance. Work culture could be more "Job Work/Life Balance". The hardest part of the job was it was very far from home with no "Job Work/Life Balance". I was well paid for working at HSBC and well respected.
Pros
Pay and respect - collaboration
Cons
No "Job Work/Life Balance"
Learned a lot as a bank teller. Job allowed me to feel confident to grow in other areas Online lessons really strengthend my day to day activities. Management encouraged to communicate with customers to know better what the requore.
Friendly working environment Good benefit package Long vacation day Multicultural workplace The operation line has a terrible monitoring system would make the worker being treated as a robot
Like most companies, the work is only as good as the culture and your direct manager allow it to be. I had too managers and bad ones. Obviously, the bad ones made for tough years.
Interesting place to work, with modern office design and options for telecommuting. Energized and progressive professional environment allowing for growth and advancement.
HSBC is very challenging with opportunities. HSBC management is very professional. HSBC customers are demanding Overall it's an excellent place to make your career.
- Much secrecy with management - Lots of segmentation within various departments - Majority of staff was enjoyable to work with - Was laid off so that jobs could be moved to India
HSBC is the best place I feel for any fresher to develop their skills. Employees at HSBC are really friendly. I didn't find much time for the games but there are many fun games and workout places.
HSBC is a great employer to work for as it is a global bank with global exposure to gain. Plenty of room for advancement with great managers in place to help you excel in your career.
Great team, great place to work. Management was nice. I loved working with my team. Workplace culture is great. The most enjoyable part is the people I worked with
Organization has suffered from chronic under-investment and global HQ interference. This creates a difficult environment to succeed in and little opportunity for career advancement.
No complaints. Great work life balance. Great location in the city. Benefits and pension. Overall would recommend to anyone looking to join the organization.
Good company with - flexible work hours - remote working - benefits better than average However, due to constant restructuring and reorganization, no one is safe. There is a constant fear that you will get laid off. People come and go on a regular basis.
Provided a great learning experience, good management, encouraging manager. Challenges you and provides opportunity to learn within and across the various segments.