HSBC Employee Reviews in Montréal, QC

European bank going through heavy restructuring. Usually a moderate work load but very generous benefits compared to competitors. Opportunity for advancement might take some time but there is job stability.
bonne compagnie environnement de travail excellent , horaire de travail super , possibilité de poste remarquable
While working there I was appreciated by my peers and they help you grow by sharing knowledge selflessly.It is a wonderful place to work and it you love downtown then you have got it made.
great corporate culture, great management great benefits. i loved working there and the team i worked with. I high advise people to find a job with HSBC
Awesome place to work great management internation exposure posibility advancement opportinites digitally not fully advanced things to work out image wise for some previous bad PR
Pros
Great vacation time off longer then other banks
Cons
not a known bank locally
During my stay ay HSBC I learned a lot about financing especially mortgages and car loans. It was an eye opener for me in the area of credits , and loans and collections procedures.
Pros
Financial skills
Cons
Too many hours on the Phone
The work itself is very challenging, patience is a virtue, it's very repedative work...hard to get the hours you wish to have however once you've gained seniority they can be flexible, overall a good place of employment...
Pros
Decent salary, your hard work is regonized
Cons
Schedualing, repedative work
It is a job at a call center and it is very repetitive, a typical day would be taking calls from clients who wants to place trades or have inquiries about their accounts.
my experience with HSBC is amazing, management wise is the best, they listen to you, managers are easy going, give you the freedom to do your job, no micro management
Pros
work perks, management
Cons
salary
great place to work, supportive management, not micromanaged, you are free with your choices, great team, and a great manager. Highly recommended to work there
Great place to work, I left because I was offered another job, but I regretted leaving. Very entrepreneurial lender. Lovely team culture & exciting work.
Pros
Salary
Cons
A place I learned a lot about the financing world as well as management. The management style was harsh at times and advancement was limited. The benefits were amazing.
Benefits
Cons
The hours
- Processing import and export documents for clients - Learned how to work in a fast paced environment with multiple deadlines - Management was sometimes too busy to help, so the staff needed to be autonomous - The hardest part of the job was to quickly adapt to the ever changing procedures - Most enjoyable part was the people and to work as a team
Pros
relaxed dress code
Cons
multiple procedural changes
Working at HSBC gives you the opportunity to meet a variety of customers as the bank is International. It's a good place to work, there is always something new to learn.
Typical work day at HSBC, requires to be able to work in a team or by yourself. When I started with HSBC I had no banking experience or knowledge of the banking industry, when I left I with alot of knowledge and experience. HSBC encourages their eimployees to learn everything you can. Many opportunities to move up in the organization. HSBC believes in Job Work/Life Balance, they expect you to work hard and do your properly. Management is always open and willing to listen to any concerns that their empoyees may have. My experience is everyone is great to work with.
Great banking where learning is endless and being able to travel around the world and work for the same employer is great . Great advantage to work your lifestyle trew work and family by flex time .
Pros
Flex time
Cons
You need to be a hard worker
Great downtown offices Employers is a very employee-friendly company that provides a great work life balance and flexible work hours. Culture is very conservative and status quo can be strong.
très bonne chance de futur avancement considérable professionnelle très profitable belle opportunité a la porté de la main
Pros
ambiance et activité
Cons
pas vraiment
willing to work in a financial institution where there is a chance to growth. The company is a great company that is portraying a positive reputation
Les lignes téléphoniques ne dérougissent jamais. Nous sommes une équipe d'environ 20 personnes dans un centre d'appels qui est opéationnel 24h / jour. Les gens avec qui je travaille sont très professionnels, nous sommes également très autonomes dans les actions que l'on doit faire chaque jour... Cependant, quand une situation devient corsée, il est parfois difficile d'avoir du soutien immédiat de la part d'un supérieur
Pros
Café gratuit - Nouvel environnement de travail
Cons
Equilibre vie personnelle / travail difficile - Manque d'humanisme du management
Very good hours, always flexible schedule, you are the boss of your time management, the more productive you are, the more time you have to perform multiple tasks to increase your productivity level
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Must be very passionate to users of different roles within the company