HSBC Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Fast paced environment, a lot of customer service aspect, which is god if like communication. Gets busy from time to time but still not too stressful.
great place and environment - friendly, lot of details, you have to have an accounting background. commitment, I enjoyed dealing and serving clients, and learned a lot and gained a lot of experience
Commercial banking is a competitive environment that doesn't always foster collaboration. Relationships are created individually and between departments and branches.
Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets. Contribute to team-based approach in managing customer needs. Actively participate and assist with all Bank promotional programs, sales and direct marketing initiatives.
I have worked for HSBC for over 22 years, 15 years at Main branch and 7 years at Harvest Hills branch. Customer service is what I do best. None of the work is repetitive, you always had something new everyday.
Pros
I enjoyed serving and knowing the clients very well.
I come across many opporutnities and challenges every day I am at work. It's fun to deal with the unexpected daily, it makes the job so interesting and the learnings tremendous as I deal with each unexpecetd event as it unfolds. I have a team who is passionate and motivated and we face our challenges together. Leadership is about having fun while firm as well. Its about creating an environment where you walk through the door every morning and your excited for the day to begin and look forward to the highs and lows. I thourougly enjoy every day with my team and look forward to the learnings each and every day.
Pros
Social times as a team
Cons
Not enough hours in the day
Constantly made to feel I was on the verge of being fired, was given a raise and bonus one month and then told I was going to be on "work improvement" the next (after telling them I was pregnant). Immediate manager was a gossip and talked about everyone, direct manager was disorganized and blamed others for things being lost/late (I was blamed for losing an item that I had left with her prior to vacation, and found a year later in her filing cabinet). Higher ups don't know/care about the entry level workers. Company doesn't value lower income clients.
Pros
Good savings matching program
Cons
Constant stress
No such thing as a typical day in this office and many different tasks were presented to be dealt with as needed, with shifting schedules and deadlines.
Daily branch report balance, cash balance. Insure the staffs are up to date the systems. I learned how to being a team player and leader at the same time. Direct management need more communication to each others. Amazing co-worker to work with. Team player is the key to keep the staff together. Hardest part of the job is dealing the management not willing to communicate. Most enjoyable of the job is always and never stop learning.
HSBC has gone through a change in culture. They have gone thru a round of layoffs and morale is low. Direction is uncertain. The culture is less on advice, but more on meeting targets.
I was always the top 3 salesman in the customer service teamI cooperated well with my coworkers
Working for HSBC helped me gain more filing & organization experience. I constantly had something to do, so we were always being productive & efficient. All of the Full Time employee's were very helpful & courteous. It was a great experience in general.
Pros
all of my co-workers were kind, helpful & understanding. good hourly rate & hours. proffesional enviornment.
Cons
most of the work was very tedious.