HSBC Employee Reviews

Found 385 reviews matching the search See all 10,243 reviews
All about the numbers
Team Lead / Sr. Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 August 2018
Unfortunately, this work place started out great but ended up being less about doing things ethically and more about just getting it done. Sad way to do it in an AML field where quality should matter more than quantity. How many times I've been told that as we get closer to being "BAU" we will focus more on quality...
My Most Generous Employer: Overseas or in Canada
Sr. Engineer, Telecommunications (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 August 2018
Flexible work environment

Grew the most in HSBC in Philippines

Hands off management

Values integrity

Competitive environment

Enabled to be creative in work
Pros
compensation, training, mandate
Cons
on-call
Extremely organised bank
Trade Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2018
HSBC is the most structured bank in my entire 20+ years of banking experience and that is the reason I worked with them twice and will be happy if got another chance to join them.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Coventry, ON1 August 2018
Working with HSBC was great, had wonderful team members and team leaders, who were willngly to put me through the various processes when i first resumed. After getting well rooted into the system I was in turn able to help new and old members as well.
Great Place to work and enhance your career.
Client Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2018
I enjoy working with HSBC. This has been a vital experience in my career. It is an international bank adapted to Canadian work culture. There are plenty of opportunities to grow and succeed.
Ideal work environmeny
AML INVESTIGATOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 July 2018
HSBC is a great bank and filled with talented people. Equal opportunity given to people from diverse background and probably I most impressed their training program.
Pros
Freedom to work
Cons
No proper management
Fun place to work
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Union place, Sri Lanka30 July 2018
I was part of a very young team, most of us just out of school. so the energy of the team was fun and vibrant. Even the management was very relaxed and approachable
Pros
Fun place to work for
Cons
Long work hours
Chief Compliance Officer HSBC Insurance (Canada) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 July 2018
Great place to work. Would work there again. employee engagement is high and performance reviews very positive. Great for new entrants to workforce and veterans.
Decent place to work
Transfer Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 July 2018
The work could range from interesting to mundane. Management was fair and reasonable. There was room to express your ideas and most of my fellow employees were decent people.
work politics
Commercial Banking Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 July 2018
managers do not invest time in developing employees however take credit for those that perform well. tons of internet motivational videos shown in hopes this motivates employees.
Good Experience
Operations Risk & Administration Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 June 2018
Great Management
Good Network
International Clients
Multicultural Reps
Challenging positions
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
HSBC - Global Transformation Center
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  HSBC Global Transformation Center INDIA - UK - CA29 June 2018
-You will be engaged in lots of meetings and remote working
- You need to use HSBC BTF framework for all delivery
- Career growth slow in the process
- you will be engaged with global and regional projects
- There are lot of dept so that you can learn many areas like, AML, Risk, KYC, CDD, GBM etc.
Overall good place to learn
Assistant Manager Finance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 June 2018
hings really are different here. A career with HSBC in Canada is truly an experience that few financial service organisations can match. Here you will find yourself inspired and supported by colleagues whose daily responsibilities cross time zones, continents and cultures. You will be motivated to aim for your highest aspirations, and enjoy the rewards of belonging to a diverse and growth-driven culture.
They are always cutting positions
Global IT Product Manager and Deployment (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 June 2018
The many years i worked at HSBC, they were always having hiring freezes and job restructuring making difficult to plan anything. However, big company and opportunities in different countries,
Global reach, Canadian impact
Senior Media Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2018
An international mindset is key to make the most of your work experience there. HSBC is a very large organization, and has weathered some very nasty storms. I believe it is in a good place now, both here in Canada and globally.
A typical day tasks
Technical Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 June 2018
As a Technical Lead or Solution Lead will start my day in morning with stand up meeting to know about the status of project which I am handling, will understand technical and business requirements.. leverage what and how can we achieve by looking at all possibilities.
Will solve the peer team problems and provide support for in team members as well as external teams. Will report everything in JIRA so that all will be in same page and new member can understand the project easily and start the things soon.
Pros
Free work hours, Work from home
Cons
Long Hours
Roll up your sleeves
Compliance (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 May 2018
One's experience will greatly depend on your role/responsibility level and team lead. It can go from a supportive and friendly team to bullying, you will have to earn your $ and reputation, which still won't guarantee your longevity. This being said, if you are very proactive there are opportunities to learn (on your own) and gain valuable expertise. Work life balance will depend on your ambition, 9-5 won't cut it if you want to get noticed.
Pros
flexible work, stimulating and dynamic environment, good pay and benefits.
Cons
bureaucratic, work load and necessity to promote oneself, cover your back and put in long hours
Best plece to build a fulfilling career and work with colleagues and customers around the world.
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2018
HSBC is of one of the world’s largest financial services organizations and I was fortunate to have worked with this Global Bank. I had the opportunity to work with some great Managers and colleagues and have developed my skills to achieve my career aspirations.

HSBC offers a bespoke approach to flexible working that enables staff to choose a work pattern that suits them Example: Work from home option.

HSBC values diversity and inclusion and supports all such initiatives Example: South Asian Network for Diversity & Inclusion (SANDI), Sponsor Sports activities such as Canadian Corporate Cricket League.

HSBC also provides with professional development and career opportunities. It was due to this Global Bank's footprint in different countries that enabled me to smoothly immigrate to Canada.

In summary, HSBC is a Best Place to Work.
Lowest pay grade in the industry
Premium Banker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 May 2018
very poor training program. You need to stand alone in the second week once start. HSBC changes policies very frequency, so you must keep close attention to company policies.
Good experience especially for first job
Lead Testing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 May 2018
Great atmosphere with good management although it depends on the managers you're under. Able to travel internationally for project, however the pay could be boosted.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSBC. Our community is ready to answer.

53.9K