Here to help: Coronavirus update

HSBC Employee Reviews

Canada514 reviews
Very poor management & favoritism
HSBC claims they value their employees & I do agree there are good benefits & programs, however the management is the worst. Those favored will get a higher wage & annual bonuses. The CSR's are paid so little. There are branch's that are very rude & do not care for their employees well-being.
Very poor and selfish management. Managers act very bossy and are not helpful. All they care about is sales and numbers. Working there does not feel like making a difference in client's lives financially. It feels like we're just getting them to buy products that may or may not help them.
Lack of respect for Employees
I had a ‘bait and switch’ situation that was never rectified. Complete disrespect for my position from the highest up management. I would never recommend HSBC to anybody, for any reason.
Great learning opportunity and plenty of interaction with co workers and seniors
HSBC provide ample opportunity to work with different unit groups and increase your learning curve. Interaction with senior management takes oftenly and they welcome your opinion and ideas.
Productive, Global Reaching
Agile, Empowering and flexible work from home. The ability to take ownership of a task or project from start to finish, support from Senior management.
Very good bank with benefits above par
European bank going through heavy restructuring. Usually a moderate work load but very generous benefits compared to competitors. Opportunity for advancement might take some time but there is job stability.
Great opportunity for learning and interacting with clients.
Great opportunity for learning new policies and procedures and stay informed and up to date on trends to help clients determine the correct choice of product for their needs.
Pros
Sometimes free lunches.
Cons
Stressful environment due to sales quotas.
environnement de travail excellent
bonne compagnie environnement de travail excellent , horaire de travail super , possibilité de poste remarquable
Productive place to work
Interesting colleagues. Enjoyed coming to work every day. The Business analysis role made it interesting since I had to organize training. Work life balance was good
Okay place to work
My time at HSBC was too short for me to elaborate and describe about my time and experience while at HSBC Canada.

My experience with the manager I reported to was great.
Too Complex
This organization too big to function simply. Too much bureaucracy. Too much scare tactics. No direction. No one will guide you to learn job. Or correct you if needed. Just punish when mistake is made. Not fun!
Pros
37.5 hrs week nice
Cons
Too complex its weeks for approvals to be even considered
Great working environment
Great working environment. The management is quite supportive. Being a global organization, you get exposure to both local and international markets. The organization believes in taking good care of their staffs. The organization also likes to keep customers in the heart of everything they do.
HSBC again
A typical day at work was like any other work environment. Staff was kind and work was enjoyable.

I learned global risk management and compliance.

Work culture could be more "Job Work/Life Balance". The hardest part of the job was it was very far from home with no "Job Work/Life Balance".

I was well paid for working at HSBC and well respected.
Pros
Pay and respect - collaboration
Cons
No "Job Work/Life Balance"
N/a
Good employer with fair pay, good benefits and good company's culture. Great working environment and nice people. Management is also good, will recommend this job to my friends.
Best environment to work
Everyone in the office is genuinely kind, caring, and can always find the light in things. Working in such a time sensitive role, day to day tasks can be stressful, however assistance and guidance is always provided from other staff and help you feel comfortable. Everyone knows how to have a good time in a work place environment
Hard working
I was part of a large effort to transform the business at HSBC aiming to improve their Mortgage Operations processes while outsourcing some of these to a third party
Not the best company to work for
Work isn’t rewarded appropriately
Everyone is ensuring their job-security

No-one cares about onboarding

Temporary job-contracts are prevalent and most of the jobs are outsourced
Current department has much to be desired
Current Department very stressful to work for. Many coworkers found HSBC more positive to work for once they left current department. Very supportive employee research groups outside of regular work.
Pros
Top End Campus for work
Ended with a constructive dismissal
I was with this bank for 8 years, the first 6 were great. Then they added in new management and everything went downhill. They constantly set me up to fail and then reprimanded me for it
Informative
Learned a lot as a bank teller.
Job allowed me to feel confident to grow in other areas

Online lessons really strengthend my day to day activities.

Management encouraged to communicate with customers to know better what the requore.
Production and efficiency are most important in HSBC
Friendly working environment
Good benefit package

Long vacation day

Multicultural workplace

The operation line has a terrible monitoring system would make the worker being treated as a robot