HSBC
Happiness score is 65 out of 100

HSBC Employee Reviews

Canada527 reviews

Found 527 reviews matching the searchSee all 14,105 reviews

Great place to advance your financial career.

I started as a CSR at hsbc with only Customer service experience. They give you great training, they listen to your contributions as a recognize your achievements.

Pros

Great benefits, pension plan

Cons

Can be stressful on the front line.

Good Company

Good Company to be a part of. Good work life balance and pay. Ethic driven staff and management. Management believes in mentoring staff for growth but not many oppurtunities to grow in admin.

Productive and Fun place

Productive and Fun place to be at. It is all about being at the right place at the right time.you also need to have a work mentor and ally who would help you by highlighting your successes to the management

Biased and favouritism

Unfairness and the Head of Canada -Marketing will always make you feel like an outsider.They have promoted people who don’t have the experience but have socialized with them at events Very judgemental and biased environment Wouldn’t recommend this place at all

Lots of Learning - bad culture

- Great systems and investment in technology.- Very competitive internally - internal competition is something that is encouraged.- Benefits are competitive - but most consider it a toxic work culture.

Main goal is to cut cost

Hsbc used to be a very good company but however they only care about cutting cost, all the tasks are taken away slowly and ongoing migration to offshore.

Good company overall

Great benefits and pay above average, Opportunities to grow and great management. There is not a lot of stress on a regular day and you dont end drained after a day at the job

Pros

Benefits & pay

Cons

Not very well known locally

Great place to work. Awesome management & very good culture!

I worked as a project analyst and it was my first job after I immigrated to Canada. My manager was extremely professional and very helpful. I had the option to work from home twice a week which was very good and helped me spend more time with my family.

I was a very successful Sale Associate.

I had 2 super fantastic Managers. I could not have been so successful without their encouragement and recognition. It was the true meaning of teamwork. I haven't worked there since 2012 when I was packaged out. We were not offered placement in any other area of the company. We worked every other Saturday.

Pros

lots of free lunches, gift cards, and a great bonus structure.

Cons

Long hours, extreme pressure to produce, no worklife balance, stressssssful.

I love my job!

Hsbc is an amazing place to work! There is great roomFor advancement and the people who work there are amazing! They are so helpful and knowledgeable if you reach out for help!

Terrible place to work. Toxic environment

Company top down is ran terribly. Management is unqualified and has not understand for regulations and protocol. Targets are set with no basis. Has no direction

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Nobody knows what they are doing

Développement des compétences

4 ans chez HSBC m'ont permis de développer mes compétences. J'ai désormais besoin de nouveaux challenges et d'évolution.

Pros

Avantages sociaux

Cons

Salaire

Collaborative and busy environment

At HSBC, the environment is very competitive. Employees gave 110%+ all the time because the more you give, the more recognition, success and rewards you receive.

Pros

Excellent advancement opportunities

Cons

Too many politics

Overall decent company

Impressive pay wages for management levels If u arent a part of a social circle good luck Stick to national sales nicer people in that group Best wishes with your endeavours

True commercial bank in Canada with a unique value proposition vs. Big 5

Typical work day includes 70% portfolio management and 30% business development. The management structure is lean which is the best/worst part of the job. The hardest part was navigating the internal systems - there were SO MANY. The most enjoyable part was definitely the people.

Pros

Great learning experience for bankers that want to work with international businesses

Cons

Weak market presence and complicated internal infrastructure

Great overall

I thoroughly enjoyed working for HSBC. at my branch there was sufficient training and grooming for advancement. I had amazing senior personelle and I would work there again in the future. Great benefits. Only downside was in my area there wasn't enough hours to keep me busy as a personal banker full time.

Pros

Great overall

Cons

Just not enough hours

Not a good place to work

Many incompetent people. They never do their job on time. Making me push and ask all the time for their work so i can do mine. The guy i asked question never answers my question and lectures me about some irrelevant stuff. People, please go to reputable university. I don't know how these people got a job here. It tells you a lot about our banking system. It's not the peope, it's just CDN banking ystem.

Pros

Cons

All of it

Very poor and selfish management. Managers act very bossy and are not helpful. All they care about is sales and numbers. Working there does not feel like making a difference in client's lives financially. It feels like we're just getting them to buy products that may or may not help them.

Very poor management & favoritism

HSBC claims they value their employees & I do agree there are good benefits & programs, however the management is the worst. Those favored will get a higher wage & annual bonuses. The CSR's are paid so little. There are branch's that are very rude & do not care for their employees well-being.

Lack of respect for Employees

I had a ‘bait and switch’ situation that was never rectified. Complete disrespect for my position from the highest up management. I would never recommend HSBC to anybody, for any reason.

Great learning opportunity and plenty of interaction with co workers and seniors

HSBC provide ample opportunity to work with different unit groups and increase your learning curve. Interaction with senior management takes oftenly and they welcome your opinion and ideas.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSBC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.4K