HSBC Employee Reviews

A typical day tasks
Technical Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 June 2018
As a Technical Lead or Solution Lead will start my day in morning with stand up meeting to know about the status of project which I am handling, will understand technical and business requirements.. leverage what and how can we achieve by looking at all possibilities.
Will solve the peer team problems and provide support for in team members as well as external teams. Will report everything in JIRA so that all will be in same page and new member can understand the project easily and start the things soon.
Pros
Free work hours, Work from home
Cons
Long Hours
Roll up your sleeves
Compliance (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 May 2018
One's experience will greatly depend on your role/responsibility level and team lead. It can go from a supportive and friendly team to bullying, you will have to earn your $ and reputation, which still won't guarantee your longevity. This being said, if you are very proactive there are opportunities to learn (on your own) and gain valuable expertise. Work life balance will depend on your ambition, 9-5 won't cut it if you want to get noticed.
Pros
flexible work, stimulating and dynamic environment, good pay and benefits.
Cons
bureaucratic, work load and necessity to promote oneself, cover your back and put in long hours
Best plece to build a fulfilling career and work with colleagues and customers around the world.
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2018
HSBC is of one of the world’s largest financial services organizations and I was fortunate to have worked with this Global Bank. I had the opportunity to work with some great Managers and colleagues and have developed my skills to achieve my career aspirations.

HSBC offers a bespoke approach to flexible working that enables staff to choose a work pattern that suits them Example: Work from home option.

HSBC values diversity and inclusion and supports all such initiatives Example: South Asian Network for Diversity & Inclusion (SANDI), Sponsor Sports activities such as Canadian Corporate Cricket League.

HSBC also provides with professional development and career opportunities. It was due to this Global Bank's footprint in different countries that enabled me to smoothly immigrate to Canada.

In summary, HSBC is a Best Place to Work.
Lowest pay grade in the industry
Premium Banker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 May 2018
very poor training program. You need to stand alone in the second week once start. HSBC changes policies very frequency, so you must keep close attention to company policies.
Good experience especially for first job
Lead Testing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 May 2018
Great atmosphere with good management although it depends on the managers you're under. Able to travel internationally for project, however the pay could be boosted.
Not in business anymore for a good reason
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC17 May 2018
This company was a branch off HSBC that would take high interest credit cards, such as Future Shop or The Bay, that are about to expire and try and do consolidation loans.
Wonderful Team Members
Personal Financial Services Associates (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 May 2018
It was a delight working with HSBC Canada. I had the most fun with my team members. We helped each other progress so much as a team that we were practically a family.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Salary
great place and environment
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Canada10 May 2018
great place and environment - friendly, lot of details, you have to have an accounting background. commitment, I enjoyed dealing and serving clients, and learned a lot and gained a lot of experience
Good
Sr.Tableau Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2018
A typical day at work includes working with awesome people, being taught by knowledgeable co-workers and welcomed into a great and fun job culture.

Great Benefits
Couldn't ask for a better place I Love it!
Family-like atmosphere
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2018
The department I worked in was a very experienced with many long time employees (several had 20 to 30+ years). There was not much opportunity for advancement within the department as it was quite small.

Want to know more about HSBC?

Ask a question
Good pay / good balance
FCR (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 May 2018
Good pay / good balance. However if you are looking to make a difference with your career / life, this is not the place for you.
You may have the chance to work with a good team but if not, HIGHLY Bureaucratic. It'll feel like you're just a cog in a machine.
Pros
good pay, good work /life balance
Cons
Bureaucratic. Black / White thinking. Paperwork for the sake of paperwork
Good company to work for
Assistant Vice-President (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 April 2018
Good benefits, compensation, work-life balance, team culture. Everyone was supportive of each other and willing to help in case you encountered certain technical challenges.
Premium banker
Premium Banker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 April 2018
A registered mutual fund advisor and account manager: actively manage
investment portfolios and continually meet client’s needs.
§ Provide professional financial advices and solution to customers in terms of
short term and long term financial goals, and deliver high standard of
service quality.
§ Responsible for different sales aspects: new customer acquisitions,
mortgage and loan applications, investment products etc.
Great managers, fun team, pleasant environment
Collector Agent 2 (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 April 2018
The work itself is very challenging, patience is a virtue, it's very repedative work...hard to get the hours you wish to have however once you've gained seniority they can be flexible, overall a good place of employment...
Pros
Decent salary, your hard work is regonized
Cons
Schedualing, repedative work
Analyst on Contract at HSBC
Various HR and Co-ordinator contract / temp roles (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2018
I worked at HSBC on a contract and found the management to be supportive. Career development and advancement are encouraged within the bank. My team was in Vacouver and the UK and I liked it there.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Too much team input into the termination decision
Productive and fun work place
Commercial On-Boarding Officer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 April 2018
My day contributes to multitasking by answering emails, calls and approving pending applications. If there are corrections or stipulations I need completed by our ASM team I reach out to them . I ensure compliance and policies are all met while adjudicating applications. I have learned lots and continue to learn as my time progresses here. Such as becoming an expert at reading Equifax and Trans Union. I am excellent with excel and other Microsoft software. My speed on approving loans while ensuring all due diligence is met is great too. I continue to enhance in my education as I am currently enrolled in the CFA level 1 . The hardest part about this job is when I am declining applications knowing the customer is in need of the loan but does not meet requirements. I enjoy my work life balance by being able to focus at work but also during breaks be able to enjoy down time in our quiet room or engage in fun activity in the games room.
HSBC is a great place to work.
Production support specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 April 2018
> Average management
> Good work life balance
> Good employee benefits
>Good work culture, very diverse work place.
> learning and training facilities
Procuctive and fun place to work, have a kitchen and lunch room
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Jane and Steeles12 April 2018
Typical day is hectic, knowlwdgble about different products. Management is great, committed to train you so that you will succeed. The culture at this workplace is great.
Cons
Changing culture not always best
Premier Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC11 April 2018
HSBC is changing considerably and always having to adapt to new measures that restrict employees at times in doing their job correctly and efficiently.
bon stage
BANK EMPLOYEE (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 April 2018
experience enrichissante tant d'un point de vue professionnel que d'un point de vu humain

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSBC. Our community is ready to answer.

53.8K