HSBC Employee Reviews

At HSBC, the environment is very competitive. Employees gave 110%+ all the time because the more you give, the more recognition, success and rewards you receive.
Pros
Excellent advancement opportunities
Cons
Too many politics
Impressive pay wages for management levels If u arent a part of a social circle good luck Stick to national sales nicer people in that group Best wishes with your endeavours
Felt like I had to do a review because the one posted during my exit time is fake. Started with a psychopath manager who bragged about fighting bums in his spare time. That was interesting and very stressful.Started fresh, went through some turbulence, then had some great periods of growth. Ended with a non market salary, bad community perception and deals I was sourcing were going to others. Is what it is.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Corporate Direction (China), Salary and Favourtism
Typical work day includes 70% portfolio management and 30% business development. The management structure is lean which is the best/worst part of the job. The hardest part was navigating the internal systems - there were SO MANY. The most enjoyable part was definitely the people.
Pros
Great learning experience for bankers that want to work with international businesses
Cons
Weak market presence and complicated internal infrastructure
Benefits are good. Management is understanding of work-life balance.Career advancement is available if one is willing to learn and follow policy and procedures. Decisions on hiring will depend on line managers as HR ,most of the time, mainly does the support and administration side of hiring. All in all a good place to work as HSBC brand is recognized globally.
I thoroughly enjoyed working for HSBC. at my branch there was sufficient training and grooming for advancement. I had amazing senior personelle and I would work there again in the future. Great benefits. Only downside was in my area there wasn't enough hours to keep me busy as a personal banker full time.
Pros
Great overall
Cons
Just not enough hours
Many incompetent people. They never do their job on time. Making me push and ask all the time for their work so i can do mine. The guy i asked question never answers my question and lectures me about some irrelevant stuff. People, please go to reputable university. I don't know how these people got a job here. It tells you a lot about our banking system. It's not the peope, it's just CDN banking ystem.
Pros
Cons
All of it
Very poor and selfish management. Managers act very bossy and are not helpful. All they care about is sales and numbers. Working there does not feel like making a difference in client's lives financially. It feels like we're just getting them to buy products that may or may not help them.
HSBC claims they value their employees & I do agree there are good benefits & programs, however the management is the worst. Those favored will get a higher wage & annual bonuses. The CSR's are paid so little. There are branch's that are very rude & do not care for their employees well-being.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at HSBC?
I had a ‘bait and switch’ situation that was never rectified. Complete disrespect for my position from the highest up management. I would never recommend HSBC to anybody, for any reason.
HSBC provide ample opportunity to work with different unit groups and increase your learning curve. Interaction with senior management takes oftenly and they welcome your opinion and ideas.
Agile, Empowering and flexible work from home. The ability to take ownership of a task or project from start to finish, support from Senior management.
European bank going through heavy restructuring. Usually a moderate work load but very generous benefits compared to competitors. Opportunity for advancement might take some time but there is job stability.
Great opportunity for learning new policies and procedures and stay informed and up to date on trends to help clients determine the correct choice of product for their needs.
Pros
Sometimes free lunches.
Cons
Stressful environment due to sales quotas.
bonne compagnie environnement de travail excellent , horaire de travail super , possibilité de poste remarquable
Interesting colleagues. Enjoyed coming to work every day. The Business analysis role made it interesting since I had to organize training. Work life balance was good
My time at HSBC was too short for me to elaborate and describe about my time and experience while at HSBC Canada. My experience with the manager I reported to was great.
This organization too big to function simply. Too much bureaucracy. Too much scare tactics. No direction. No one will guide you to learn job. Or correct you if needed. Just punish when mistake is made. Not fun!
Pros
37.5 hrs week nice
Cons
Too complex its weeks for approvals to be even considered
Great working environment. The management is quite supportive. Being a global organization, you get exposure to both local and international markets. The organization believes in taking good care of their staffs. The organization also likes to keep customers in the heart of everything they do.
A typical day at work was like any other work environment. Staff was kind and work was enjoyable. I learned global risk management and compliance. Work culture could be more "Job Work/Life Balance". The hardest part of the job was it was very far from home with no "Job Work/Life Balance". I was well paid for working at HSBC and well respected.
Pros
Pay and respect - collaboration
Cons
No "Job Work/Life Balance"
Good employer with fair pay, good benefits and good company's culture. Great working environment and nice people. Management is also good, will recommend this job to my friends.
  1. Employee reviews