HR Associates Employee Reviews

Amazing contract culture
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2019
This has been the best temp agency I have worked within for the past two decades. They really make it a point to place you in a role where you thrive.
Was lots of fun in the department where I was assigned
Business Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON4 January 2019
My contacts at HR Associates where very friendly and easy to get a hold of.
My placement was great and the office in which I was working had
a great team of employees
Supportive, dedicated and responsive staff to help guide you through your career
File Clerk and Admin Assistant (Multiple roles) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2018
HR associates is a great organization for individuals looking for work, be it temporary, or transitionary. They are well connected to public and broader public sector institutions, and hence offer a lot of opportunities in this area. They have staff dedicated to managing each employee's job life cycle, from searching for a job, to finishing a job/role.

You are responsible for keeping your resume up to date, and they present these to the clients for further consideration. I find that HR associates staff are supportive and very responsive, and are willing to work to ensure that all possible options are tried in any given challenging situation.

The toughest part to some is the temporary nature of these roles, but I believe it is a great opportunity to build your skills and experience while you await something more along the lines of your personal goal(s). I do believe this is not too much of an issue, because HR associates is always up front about the length of any role, and requires your consent before forwarding your information to any clients.

I believe this is an organization that adds value to it's staff who are looking for temporary work for whatever the individual's personal reason, and would eagerly recommend using HR associates' services to others.
I was very pleased with the short term contract I had through HR Associates
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON4 November 2018
The representative that I dealt with was very helpful and I liked the fact that they took care of the interviewing steps on my behalf; all I had to do was show up for work. The job allowed me to work on a new system with a great team.
Pros
Paid well for the job I was doing
Cons
Short term contract
Great experience!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON18 October 2018
HR Associates has been very pro active and supportive throughout the recruitment process. A truly dedicated consultant, approachable, and professionalism who helped me in the successful placement of my current position.
I would recommend HR Associates and my consultant to anyone who is looking for a job.
Pros
Professionalism, Efficient and High service standards
Wonderful People, Wonderful Opportunity, Wonderful Growth!
Employment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON6 September 2018
I had the pleasure of working for HR Associates for 2+ years. In that short amount of time, I gained invaluable experience within Human Resources, specifically in full cycle-recruitment and performance management. The work environment of HR Associates is absolutely incredible. I was never afraid to voice my opinion or ask questions and brainstorm with management. I truly believe it is incredibly rare to work in an environment in which you are not only trained, but mentored as well.

I have now moved on from HR Associates, but I will always take with me the positive experience I had there, along with the great relationships I built, not only with my colleagues, but the temporary staff and public sector clients I met along the way.

For those who are looking to gain experience within the public sector, HR Associates is the route to go! The Interim Staffing team will go above and beyond to recruit high caliber talent and form relationships that place value on interpersonal relations and not treat temporary staff like a number.

For those who have recently graduated in the HR field, I recommend HR Associates as well; it's a great fast paced environment in which you are taught to be resourceful and think outside of the box. You will be exposed to so many different types of recruitment and employee situations, but will have the support you need in order to be successful!
Pros
Great office culture
Agency with rewarding opportunities to offer
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 August 2018
Thanks to HR Associates I got a chance to work for one of the government instituitions and during my contract with the agency I always received support needed. They were the first one to contact me when I was looking for the employment opportunity to start working immediately. Reccommended!
Pros
Numerous opportunities
Highly Recommended
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2018
I have been working with HR Associates on and off for three years and have recently completed my third placement in the Ontario government. Based on my experience: I would not hesitate to recommend HR Associates.
Pros
I have primarily worked three different employees, an excellent staffing manager and members of her team, They have demonstrated a high level of professionalism and responsiveness, Excellent communication and relationship building skills, So far, each role has been of increasing responsibility and complexity, warranting pay increases, This has allowed for professional growth and some career progression over the last three years, Based on my experience, they understand and balance their clients’ and candidates’ needs well
Cons
It took a very long time to find my most recent role., The first two opportunities came much more quickly, (after two and four months)
Top Notch Temporary Agency for The Public Sector
Office Administration (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON2 July 2018
It has been a privilege to have worked for HR Associates over the years. I am grateful for the many wonderful opportunities of doing temporary assignments for the OPS. The consultant team has been very supportive, courteous and professional. Megann Robb who is the current contact, provides exceptional customer care by sending updates when required with honesty and integrity. I am extremely satisfied with the ongoing services provided by HR Associates and hope to continue my association with them in the future. I would strong recommend this agency to both the candidates and clients! The individuals who work for or represent this company are highly qualified also exemplify strong interpersonal skills.
Pros
Great networking!
Cons
Lengthy commute
Great Experience
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 June 2018
I had a great experience with HR Associates. All staff members with whom I had a chance to interact with were very friendly, professional, and considerate. The recruitment process went very well, and I landed in a great organization. HR Associates gave me an opportunity to gain Canadian experience when I needed it the most. I am very grateful for that! As a result, I was hired for a permanent position with another great organization.
Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2018
Great place to work. Love the people. Love the culture. Job was easy. Too repetitive though. Always nice to go out with the co-workers. Great location.
Pros
The people
Cons
boredom
Good opportunities available but disappointing recruitment staff.
Mailroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2017
Opportunities for assignments did come fairly soon after the initial recruitment process . But the overall agency staff were disappointing. The recruiter, Emily who I had the misfortune of corresponding with was unprofessional overall and unqualified. Full of attitude and just did not respond to important emails, calls or voice mail messages. 2 other of my former co-workers have both said the same thing. It was just awful. Management isn't that much better.
Pros
Good opportunites in the public sector
Cons
Recruitment staff is unprofessional and woefully unfit.
Not a lot of opportunities and no room for advancement
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 April 2017
HR Associates offer their employees temporary positions at different work places. These positions can range anywhere from a day to months. Therefore, since your only temporarily working for the company there really isn't any room for advancement. I also feel like there are not a lot of opportunities available. Also depending on the position you sometimes still need to interview with the company. I would suggest if you are looking for a more permanent job like myself to not work for a temporary employment agency.
Good
Hr assosciates (Former Employee) –  hamilton14 October 2015
job was well, paid really well too
worked with a lot of different individuals
co workers were really nice as well
welcoming, good hours always helpful
Professional Service
Procurement Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2014
HR Associates are always able to provide fast and professional placement service. It's been a real pleasure to work with Margaret, who has excellent customer service and negotiation skills. I will start my second temporary assignment with a respectful and well-known government organization very soon. I highly recommend HR Associates. Thank you for all your hard work.
HR Associates - an excellent placement service
Facility Administrator - April 2014 to Sept. 2014 (Former Employee) –  Toronto, downtown4 September 2014
HR Associates found me a great job just when I needed one. The work was a perfect fit for me and I'm hopeful HR Associates will find me more work. I highly recommend HR Associates. Margaret was great at keeping me informed and worked hard to get me the position. Thanks HR Associates
In my experience working with HR associate , they have been very quick in placing me in rewarding temp positions
Senior procurement offficer (Current Employee) –  Milton8 August 2014
Margaret from HR associates was wonderful and very proffesional when placing me in positions
Executive Assistant
Executive Assistant to President and COO (Current Employee) –  Toronto16 June 2014
I will work for this organization again and again.
They treat me with dignity and respect. I was able to make a decent salary to keep me going.
Great organization!!!
It takes too long to get from one contract to another
Customer Service Agent - Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  West End of city7 August 2012
The assignments are good but take a long time to come around. Short times for interview person is not prepared to even get a copy of resume