HP Employee Review

Work with a variety of vendors all over the nation.
TECHNOLOGY CONSULTANT II (Former Employee) –  San Carlos, CA16 May 2013
I would start my day by attending meetings; work with the project manager, vendors and client. I would document what my projects involved, time frame requested, vendors that would be needed, contact info and what was requested from the customer, along with what was expected from me, from start to end of the project. I learned that no two projects were the same. Management had an open door policy, co-workers were always very helpful and available via instant messaging. The difficult part of the job was when we would have a freeze in the work force with no advance notice delaying all the jobs, forcing a domino affect in rescheduling everything. The most enjoyable part of the job was working as a team and seeing all the pieces fall into place.
Pros
I was able to work remotely out of my home.
Cons
I worked long hours.

Other HP Employee Reviews

Not where you want to be long-term
Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada14 April 2018
Beware: I overachieved for a decade, 100+ of quota, if your not based in the US you are at risk of losing your job.

What I learned was that no matter how big a company is, you are only a number on a P&L balance sheet. There is no protecting or loyalty to the people that build the business. They expect loyalty but give none back, I believe its now called, " Trumpinism".

My job in Canada was made redundant because US sales suffered. 10 consecutive years of compensation problems, 5 bosses, and a culture of needing to be in the bubble of Sr Management to be protected against WFR's, (HP's Work Force Reduction Program)

Not a place if you want to grow your career. Only in the last three years I have never witnessed such poor management and leadership. Isolation from business planning and poor executive engagement.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when the country was being managed by the Canadian Country Manager, once HP centralized management in the US and took place the country leadership and understanding of the country it went to help in a basket.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Getting paid
large campus with a great mix of skill sets
Computer Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 April 2018
Stream offered a great opportunity for learning many different skills in IT, Satellite, and television skills. Furthermore, the interaction with both co-workers and customers on the phone never rendered the place boring
Pros
availability of many options
Cons
large campus provided control challenges

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HP. Our community is ready to answer.

53.4K