HP Employee Review

Productive and fun work place with excellent management.
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CA19 June 2012
HP is a very employee oriented company treating all of their employees with respect and providing excellent benefits. I learned solid administrative skills during my 10 years at HP.
Pros
profit sharing
Cons
none.

Other HP Employee Reviews

Not where you want to be long-term
Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada14 April 2018
Beware: I overachieved for a decade, 100+ of quota, if your not based in the US you are at risk of losing your job.

What I learned was that no matter how big a company is, you are only a number on a P&L balance sheet. There is no protecting or loyalty to the people that build the business. They expect loyalty but give none back, I believe its now called, " Trumpinism".

My job in Canada was made redundant because US sales suffered. 10 consecutive years of compensation problems, 5 bosses, and a culture of needing to be in the bubble of Sr Management to be protected against WFR's, (HP's Work Force Reduction Program)

Not a place if you want to grow your career. Only in the last three years I have never witnessed such poor management and leadership. Isolation from business planning and poor executive engagement.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when the country was being managed by the Canadian Country Manager, once HP centralized management in the US and took place the country leadership and understanding of the country it went to help in a basket.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Getting paid
large campus with a great mix of skill sets
Computer Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 April 2018
Stream offered a great opportunity for learning many different skills in IT, Satellite, and television skills. Furthermore, the interaction with both co-workers and customers on the phone never rendered the place boring
Pros
availability of many options
Cons
large campus provided control challenges

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HP. Our community is ready to answer.

53.4K