HP Employee Reviews

Not where you want to be long-term
Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada14 April 2018
Beware: I overachieved for a decade, 100+ of quota, if your not based in the US you are at risk of losing your job.

What I learned was that no matter how big a company is, you are only a number on a P&L balance sheet. There is no protecting or loyalty to the people that build the business. They expect loyalty but give none back, I believe its now called, " Trumpinism".

My job in Canada was made redundant because US sales suffered. 10 consecutive years of compensation problems, 5 bosses, and a culture of needing to be in the bubble of Sr Management to be protected against WFR's, (HP's Work Force Reduction Program)

Not a place if you want to grow your career. Only in the last three years I have never witnessed such poor management and leadership. Isolation from business planning and poor executive engagement.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when the country was being managed by the Canadian Country Manager, once HP centralized management in the US and took place the country leadership and understanding of the country it went to help in a basket.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Getting paid
The HP was...
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON9 April 2018
Most of my time was spent on project work for external clients. The nature of the work varied by client. However, the enterprise services that I supported no longer exist, so I do not know if my experience reflects the current reality.
Pros
Great variety in types of clients
Cons
Work hours spanned the customers' time zones and could be overnight.
lf you are low vision stay away
Mobile security analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 April 2018
A computer maker refused to give me a larger or second monitor, they thought a 15" is big enough was pathetic! I felt defeated everyday and HR did not take any remedial steps
Pros
pay
Cons
staff
Great summer job
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON29 March 2018
Work was fast paced yet easy. Shifts went by very fast.
Lost a lot of weight that summer.
Work was not hard.

Learned the inner connections of a computer, this knowledge has proven useful later in my studies.
Application Support Specialist (Full Time) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ont.10 March 2018
Very busy
Alot on how to work with employees
Indesisive when it comes to decision making
Very good and friendly
Trying to motivate colleagues to be more productive
End of day.
Pros
Same as previous questions
Cons
Same as previous questions
Environement productif
Resource Management (Former Employee) –  tunis8 March 2018
L'aspect le plus difficile de mon poste c'est être toujours à la hauteur et très compétent
Pros
Ticket resto
Cons
Evolution difficile
not a good place for job work/life balance
Customer Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 February 2018
Salary is average, job security is ok during my engagement, however management is acting slowly to keep up the market trend. job culture is so so and company did not any innovation.
Commercial Delivery Manager (CDM) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2018
HP Inc seems to have their act together. Company is succeeding, and employees are happy. They have figured out how to succeed in the printer and PC market that is very competitive.
Pros
Great people and management team.
over all good
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 January 2018
good company culture, lots of opportunity to learn, friendly coworkers, professional manager. ..........................................no job security,
Nice place to work
Intersegment Financial Analyst, Home Office Canada (Former Employee) –  Ville Ste. Laurent, QC10 January 2018
Nice place to work, flexible if you have a manager in other country. There are many options of food. The food in the cateria is not very good but sometimes they have good things. They also have little cafés and places for snacks.
Fun workplace
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 January 2018
HP was a dream job. Great energetic staff makes you want to come to work everyday. Excellent workplace, motivating environment. Revolutionary company!
productive
hp rep (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 December 2017
really nice and chill place to work. pay was good. flexible work hours.liked manager and workers. nice people to be around. Required a responsible leader who can make decisions on their own.
Pros
free lunches
HP Review
Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 December 2017
As an employee , HP has a very collaborative and team based environment and encourages innovation. When working there I felt as part of a team.

Hardest and most enjoyable part of the job was the fast paced environment. management was very good about providing employees with additional opportunities to expand their skill set.
Changed for the worse
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS30 November 2017
Started fine, then every change they made was worse for employees. They outsourced all the technical work to a less trained workforce. And took away the only thing they had going for their contracts
Conditions de travail acceptables
Bilingual Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2017
Ils sont bien connus et ils sont généralement bien organises. ils ne gardent pas longtemps les employés parce qu’ils font toujours des changements et des modifications continues. les employés sont renvoyés et d'autres sont recrutés mais soumis a des changements imprévisibles
OK place to work
Executive Assistant Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 November 2017
HP is going through a lot of changes. They have downsized many times, not sure about job security at this point. Big on technology, I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Got to work at home
Cons
Job Security
Good company
Network Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 November 2017
Held many different positions with the coimapny as we were Intria then Intria/HP then HP. Very intresting positions that allowed me to learn may different things.
A strong, established company
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 October 2017
Hewlett-Packard was my first "real" job. It was a great experience and I believe I could still be there today if it was not for the experiences of life moving around the globe.

The workplace culture and desire to help their employees succeed was a priority for this company.

The salary and work/life balance was on par with my future growth potential with going to school and continuing to work full time.

Salary is based on the time frame.
Pros
Lots of great career opportunities
Cons
Only in major cities
Cool place for work
Svc Info Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cairo23 October 2017
Hpe is a very nice place to work in, and recently they started to invest more in employee talent that made a very good place for whoever want to gain experience and at the same time build a very strong social relationship.
Good
Network Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 October 2017
Great company to work for. Good benefits and the management is great. They value good employees. Hard work is appreciated and well compensated. love working here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HP. Our community is ready to answer.

53.4K