Here to help
Coronavirus update

HP Employee Reviews

Canada269 reviews
Great culture and good management, excellent leaning opportunities.
very good infrastructure and work from home options. Progressive leadership with good vision.
I hated this job. It was truly awful. I would never ever ever recommend anyone for this job ever because I hated it so much. I don't even like to think about it let alone talk about it.
I Enjoyed working at HP. I would have loved to have stayed unfortunately after changing of management several of my coworkers including myself were let go.
Excellent place to work, fast paced but very enjoyable. Snr Management team are very experienced in running large businesses and bring a lot of vision and guidance.
Environment was great, I really enjoyed working with the Supervisor and the other collegue. He also appreciated my work always. I never had issues there.
Interestingly enough, there is no IT department at HP. Everyone is expected to troubleshoot their own computers. Both a positive as well as a negative.
Pros
Collaborative workspaces
Cons
Long hours.
Good Team spirit, hardworking colleagues, good encouraging management. Interesting learning environment. Clients were bank staff and public.I improved my IT Helpdesk skills in scanners, registers etc.
I worked at HP at a time when there was significant business transformation and lay-offs every week for a very long time. That created significant stress and angst for employees. That said, I enjoyed my time there and advanced quickly.
Besides being an unfortunate victim of all contract positions being cut was a fun experience, i wish i had more time there to learn and grow, if anyone has the chance its a great work environment
My all colleagues and especially my Manger all were very friendly and cooperative. I had only 4 hours of training on the phone and after I was on my own and I worked very well. Really I wish kindly if I have the same position again on a permanent basis.
Bad management that make you feel useless as much as they can to justify not paying you. Out dated projects. Worst place I worked.

They give special permissions and then take them back unexpectedly.

Save yourself the shame of working there.
Friendly people and and clean office spaces. Great Layout for meeting other employees. natural lighting makes work more pleasant. hardest part of the job was getting it all done by 5 o'clock.
As I mentioned above, it wasn't always stressful. Certain times of the month were stressful as I had big reports to generate and they needed to balance. At first it was very stressful as I didn't know the job and there was lots to learn.
Great company BUT they have gone downhill unfortunately. Printers are going to be a thing of the past soon. HP missed the boat several times and we will witness the company crash and burn in the next 5 yrs.
Great team to work with especially on such a stressful project. Management was engaged and very supportive with ample resources to make the project successful.
Pros
Solid team
Cons
stressful project
Professional support from all the different IT Towers. Outsourcing to DXC was difficult, salry dropped and working conditions dropped. I would not work for DXC anymore
Je veux bien recommencer mais avec un encadrement plus pertinent.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Manager
Good positive experience working there. met new friends coworkers. Learned new stuff, new technology new business , new processes, . Managed/mentored other PMs
Working for HP is great, specially because we came from an acquisition process, so they kept our colleagues and project teams. The managers are great and they really help you build up your strengthens as a professional.
It was a flexible and good place to work, allow to work from home. No travel, however occasionally had to work due to the nature of the job. The team I worked with was helpful and willing to assist as and when requested.
I liked the work and didn't actually mind the long extra hours I had to put in just to keep up. However when it became expected of me to work those very long hours, I felt taken for granted. When I left the project they spread out my responsibilities amount 3 people.