HP Employee Reviews

Found 243 reviews matching the search See all 11,558 reviews
Poor management company
Info Systems Architect (Former Employee) –  Client office New Delhi16 May 2019
* Management is too poor to think of employee issues,
* Office politics prevalent,
* Only focus on revenue generation and exploiting employees
* Too much salary deductions
* Too much processes to follow, which are useless
Pros
Only pro is the tag name HP
Cons
Poor Management
Very poor senior managemnet - Too much management
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton11 May 2019
Several layers of management. Management unsure of the requirements of staff members. Receive way too much corporate emails from all over the organization which you expected to read and or respond to.
No structure to your Job, because the "Job" is too loosely defined. I always felt unsure of what I was doing, what were my responsibilities and how to meet the obligations. Responsibilities also changed on a whim of a manager. I actually never saw a job description for any position.

All internal support such as HR is located in the USA, Payroll resides in Costa Rica. IT Support who knows where that is located.

I only survived 18 months and would never work at HP Canada again and would not recommend anyone to do either.
Pros
Salagry and Benefits
Cons
Senior Management and Culture
Work Experience at HP
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 May 2019
Was a very pleasant experience representing this company, and it improved my technological knowledge and proficiency by a considerable margin and instilled new confidence in me to achieve sales targets.
company is now DXC
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 April 2019
the company has made severe cuts to canadian workers over the last 20 years and intends to continue to best shore as much as possible. dxc will likely not be an entity at some point in the near future as more staff are moved to other companies.
Pros
work from home
Cons
no bonus, no raise, expectation to always complete no matter how much work there is.. and keep it coming
HP Review
Technical Support Backline (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON12 March 2019
I worked there during the Carly Fiorina years. It was terrible. We were never provided adequate training or resources, and told to just work harder.
Diverse Company
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Canada5 March 2019
Hewlett Packard was in a continuous state of purchasing companies and shedding jobs. They instituted a salary rollback instantly on purchasing my former organization.
Pros
Discount on Printer Ink
Via underpaying temp agencies
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa South, ON27 February 2019
Previous experience with the company relocating call centers overseas, and, usage of temp agencies who underpay employees is a bad "taste"
The job was warehouse work, and, system assembly.
The sub-contractor, Procom, was not providing fair wages for the tasks.
Pros
Well known company
Cons
low pay, no benefits
Good people, flexible hours
Inventory/Customer Service/Warranty/other roles (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 February 2019
A typical day was 9-5. Great place to work, great people. It is not uncommon to manage many roles, which is also an opportunity to diversify your learning. The management is very supportive.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Job security
Information Analyst on GM Account
Information Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON13 February 2019
Application technical support. Gathering requirements for enhancments, implementing, testing and release custom software packages to support GM business. Web applications with backend databases. Java, SQL, HTML, JavaScript, XML. Object oriented programming. Mainframe connectivity to DB2. Standard Software Development Processes. System DElivery Processess.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Sometimes very long work hours
HP used to be a great company.
DIRECTOR OF GLOBAL ACCOUNTS (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 February 2019
HP believed in being a family and provided a professional work environment for all employees. When I left HP, it had shifted culture and tried to align with competitors, a lot of great people have left.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Pay wasn't the greatest, however benefits made up for it.
HP - not the same today as it was when I was there
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2019
HP was quite a different company when I worked there - It had several divisions, including: test & measurement, analytical chemistry, enterprise computing, technical computing and printers and peripherals
Pros
They used to have quarterly beer bashes
Technical Analyst
TECHNICAL ANALYST ENTERPRISE AUTOMATION (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 February 2019
Worked with a Team of programmers to make the life of a Data Centre Control Operator more meaningful. Taking out the daily mundane steps or repetitive steps of an Operator/s and having it automated.
Pros
Flexible Hrs
An organization in transition
Strategic Alliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2019
HP is constantly re-inventing itself, sometimes for the good and sometimes not.
Good collaborative culture.
leading edge technol but sometimes weaker sales/marketing.
An engineering company first.
excellent place to work
Facilities Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2019
I really enjoyed working for HP. They were very good to their staff. Unfortunately I was let go due to restructuring after a 25+ year career there. Not much else to say other than this.
First Job IT Job
Coach-Alcatel Lucent (New Global Service Desk (Former Employee) –  Kildare2 January 2019
This was my first job working in the IT industry and was the perfect start for me. Hewlett Parkard invest heavily in training and Monitoring of staff which has been hugely beneficial in my career to date. During my time there I learned Technical, Managerial and Training skills. Working for a large multicultural Organisation like Hewlett Packard was an enjoyable experience.
Pros
Training and Monitoring
Cons
Salary Extremely low
Was a road warrior
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) –  On the road at customer locations6 November 2018
I was in the Systems Integration group and had programs that required me to travel weekly to customer locations.

This was a stressful as I had to be onsite Monday through Friday.
Pros
Good colleagues
Cons
Constant travel
Fantastic company to work for
Services Project Manager, Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 November 2018
Amazing company with forward looking culture. Positive and progressive. Lots of opportunity for innovation, advancement, great benefits, compensation. Intelligent management.
Pros
Amazing supportive culture
Cons
Subject to corporate shareholdes whims
Recognition and respect from customers and partners is amazing
Market Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Asian emerging countries4 November 2018
The role was an outsourced role from the previous company (HP) therefore everyone was known and continued the same culture such as team building events, partner incentive programs

Access to info althogh was a bit different as an outsourced employeeas system access was available, hence had to rely on individuals rather than system which was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Having the same team members
Cons
Not recognized and rewarded due to being outsourced
Hp constant trimming of permanent staff
Senior Integration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reading, Hook, Erskine24 October 2018
this caused a huge hemorrhaging of experience and negative morale as the experience was replaced with postgraduates.HPE took on the mentality that the more project managers and meeting held would improve delivery even though they shed all the workforce.
ok
Agent de support technique (Former Employee) –  Tunis, ON15 October 2018
Environnement de travail très agréable et professionnel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HP. Our community is ready to answer.

54.2K