HCR Personnel Solutions Inc.

HCR Personnel Solutions Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada53 reviews

agencypaytimecompanygoodpeopleworkingjob

great place to start your career, not great for long term

Overall, this company is great for new grads in learning the basics of recruitment, applicant tracking and customer service. This company pays far below industry standard let alone a living wage. Management and executive leadership, although friendly are out of touch with some of the challenges in office and needs of the staff. They have not worked to create a safe space for employees to voice their concerns nor have they done the real work in creating a desirable workplace. Often times, management prefer to stick with old faithful methods which are out dated and no longer add value but create longer more painful processes. There really is so much potential here, the preseident of the company is a very smart and capable individual they just need to pay more attention and inspire management to have an open mind to innovation. Oh and pay a fair wage that is inline with a living wage.

Pros

Great learning experience for new grads.

Cons

Low salary, no room for growth, very basic benefits

Official response from HCR Personnel Solutions Inc.

24 October 2022
As a human resource organization, labour market studies and trends are studied on going, to ensure all employees, both internal and external, are paid fairly. We have an open-door policy and any concerns brought to our attention are heard and addressed. We value creativity and idea generation, while encouraging our teams to share best practices and build efficiencies. Our vision statement reads, “ In our unending pursuit to exceed expectations, we listen, learn and adapt. As a true partner, we value collaboration. We are dedicated to providing ethical staffing with a focus on customer service, quality and integrity” and we stand resolutely behind this.

An awesome experience and way to know if factory life is for you!

I'd love to work with your team, amazing staff at any placement and an all around great experience for full time work to get into a better position. The pay has increased and is worth it once settled in!

Insights into HCR Personnel Solutions Inc.

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job

Just another temp agency

The manager in the office is a complete amatuer (They've gone through a few). This is essentially St. Thomas' new Express Personal for local factories

Pros

Good enough to make a little money with little to no hiring from local companies

Temp Job

Worked in a temp job for HCR making car parts. Good pay and steady hours. Didn't have a lot of interaction with the office staff once I started but when I did I didn't have any problems. I have worked for a couple temp agencies before and found HCR to be the most professional one.

Pros

free coffee, good food, safe work environment, steady work

Cons

hot environment

Great Staff

The company went above and beyond to get my last cheque. Very well organized! They really care about their employees, and their customers treat their employees well too!

Pros

Management, getting paid on-time, steady schedules

Cons

Admin support in a local factory

Placed in admin role in a local factory. Always lots of new things to learn and people to meet. Training provided on site. Lots of new skills to add to resume!

busy job

worked to hard for little pay. Threatened to get fired if I took time off. ie took father to Belgium for a week because his brother died who lived there

normal typical day

normal typical day learned operating a machine good and listening management the culture is fine hardest pari is lifting 50kg when i finish for the day

this is a temp job

friendly staff good pay. just not enough work at the moment they need to get more clients... great for learning new skills mostly suited for students . I made the mistake of quitting my full time job to work here for better pay in the long run should have kept my other job .now I don't even have rent money so I got an eviction notice and getting close to losing my car for not being able to make payments

Good for short term income

it's a production job and the expectation is that you will be there to handle production when they require your services. As a temporary worker you are bounced from job to job if your good or stuck in one spot if you are not so good

Pros

free coffee and juice!

Cons

low pay and no guarantee of work

Year & a half of Chaos & stress

I worked for HCR at an Auto industry factory for a year, had my contract extended a short time, then was completely screwed for EI by them not doing their own job, to complete my ROE within 5 business days. They eventually sent me to another factory, which didn't last long as the people there didn't even want me. They then sent me to another job that after a few weeks, became part time work 1-3 days a week. I rarely had a full week, & could not find other work always being on call. I found HCR to be good when I had a reliable job, but after the first year, it's just a huge headache

The management team lacks professionalism and do not know how to communicate with workers. I do not recommend anyone working with this company. They have no people skills.

Review Summary

HCR provides you with numerous locations were work is available London,St Thomas etc. These companies give you opportunities to work in stamping,assembly and quality control.

it is a temp sevice wasnt bad as they go

I didn't mind working for them but got laydoff a lot as I was working for a car manufatour thought them but was only off for a week at most. I would recommend if you don't mind working for a temp service.

One of the Best Companies in the GTA

Personally HCR. Is the best company I've ever worked for. Great places to work. Knowledgeable ,friendly Staff. Awesome 👍 pay. All round perfect company 👌

Pros

Excellent Staff

Decent Agency

I have worked for a couple temp agencies and this company is by far the best. They pay the highest wages, actually giving you more than minimum wage. The office staff seem to know what they are doing. They assign you to a place to work and it's up to you what you make out of it.

Pros

cafeteria, higher paying

Cons

overtime

Consistent work in a clean and safe environment

I was blown away by the staff at HCR that helped me gain employment. Very friendly and informative. They found work that was suitable based on my experience. Then environment at the factory was good, I liked my team/leader and the plant was clean and well lit. Looking forward to my next assignment - thank you HCR!

good agency to work for

- pay is every week and in my account on Friday morning - work is readily available as long as you are willing to work - my concerns are always handled by the HCR office staff - enjoy this agency much more than others I have worked for in the past - just got hired on at Magna

Pros

concerns are always handled

Cons

hot in the summer

Good people, bad job

No job security, always moving you from assignment to assignment. The work itself is easy and repetitive but problems with management and team leaders.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

No job security

learned alot from windows

I would go in and produce windows everyday and pack windows I would never miss a day while I was there I have learned how to put windows together and learned how to pack them in the right way I loved working there all the time. I neve had a problem going into work

Will screw you around if you let them

worked my hours but was never given full time employment at my placement that I worked well over 6 months at. every time id talk to the agency their response was we'll look into it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCR Personnel Solutions Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare HCR Personnel Solutions Inc. with

• HCR Personnel Solutions Inc.