HCA Physician Services Group Employee Reviews for Office Specialist

Lots of experience
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX28 January 2019
A tpical work day can be easy or difficult.. Assis patient in person or over the phone. Sometimes you have to think for other to get a feel of what they need and how can you help them, but if you like helping others than medical field is where you need to be..
Pros
Free lunches, Gifts, Parties, Free parking for employees
Cons
Short breaks
Good starting position
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TN11 January 2019
This position was great for entry level and learning multiple aspects of the front office perspective of a physicians office. It was difficult to be promoted from within the company at this location.
fast pasted with friendly patients
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  salem, va8 January 2019
I worked in a very busy doctors office and had handled all front desk duties. It was a very good place to work with lots of chances of improvement daily.
Pros
nice atmosphere
Cons
low pay
Enjoyable job
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA26 December 2018
I really enjoyed working for the HCA. I loved all the people I worked with and the easy going atmosphere. Management needed some work but that was easy to overlook with all the amazing coworkers I had.
Secure place to work
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Blacksburg, VA19 December 2018
Company treats their employees with respect and offers career advancement. Detailed training for position. Open to your input on how run the day to day operations.
Fast-paced environment where teamwork is important
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KS15 November 2018
College Park Family Care Center is a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and accuracy are very important, Teamwork is imperative to success in this office due to the many demands for time and attention.
Love my coworkers, stressful
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KS5 November 2018
I am retiring and just need something very part time, job is very stressful, changes happen too often. Manager is sometimes difficult to deal with. Coworkers are fantastic. Benefits are good.
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN3 October 2018
Work schedule is 6:30-5
I've learned a new system call Leading Reach
Management could be better
Culture is pretty understanding
hardest part of the job is team work, some people just don't have it
the most enjoyable part of the job is the day off during the week
Pros
I work 4 10 hour days
Cons
The pay considering I had 8 years GI experience when I started
Medical Office Specialist
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TN1 October 2018
Fast paced environment in a busy doctor's office answering phones constantly while also checking patients in and out and scheduling appointments. Various tasks were in play all day long.
Teamwork!
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, KY 406016 September 2018
Sometimes things can get a little crazy, busy, never know which way the day is going to go, but having good teamwork and employees with a willingness to work together is what makes the days go by as smoothly as possible!
Fun
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN29 August 2018
Management was ok, Staff was awesome to work with. Doctors are amazing, No chance of advancement. Patients are awesome. Safe work place. HCA is a good company
Difficult job with little/no appreciation; great co-workers
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KS5 August 2018
The workload is insane, and there is very little appreciation from management. The day-to-day work environment is fun and supportive from co-workers. It is a very difficult and stressful position in a busy office setting, made more difficult by the extra projects we're expected to do in addition to answering a constantly-ringing phone and trying to navigate a million different requirements from each provider. It's also very difficult to manage a work-life balance. There are a ton of days off available, but they cannot be used within a two-week period without penalty even for illness or emergencies. Call in too many times for illness or family reasons, and you'll get written up. It's definitely not worth the pay and not for the faint of heart.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Intense expectations, no support of work/life balance
excellent patient care
Medical Office Specialist/HIM Tech (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX3 August 2018
HCA strives to provide the most positive patient experience as possible.
HCA is a good place to work for medically trained works and not so much for non-medically trained staff.
Great Place
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MO10 July 2018
The working staff is wonderful. However, the office needs a little bit more steadiness. The paitents are wonderful! The doctors are great and sad to see one retire.
It can be a career depending you if you agree w/ management
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN2 July 2018
It is ok, but changes management often. No company outings, a lot of women work there so there is gossip. but the patients are the best! Several drug reps do cater lunches, which is nice
Pros
co workers
Cons
management
a good place to work
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, TX16 June 2018
It is a fast paced medical office, the day passes fast, very rewarding, most patients are grateful for the help they receive. Fellow employees makes it worth it all.
Pros
employees I work with
Cons
PTO hours are used to help pay for holidays
Just a number
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KS13 May 2018
I would never work for HCA again. You are nothing but a number to them. If you are sick or unexpectedly absent 3 times in a year, you get a verbal warning. 7 in a year and you're fired. Regardless of a doctor's note, regardless of any personal time off that you have. They would rather fire a good, experienced worker and have to train a new employee than to have any compassion for their people.
There are many, many duties you must perform but no time and there was never enough staff. The phones are ringing all day and patients are checking out, lines are forming but they want you to do all of these side jobs on top of it. I always said we needed dedicated staff for phones and reception duties and other staff for calls. Half the calls we got were for address, fax number and doctor info, for which we should have had an opening greeting when people called.
Rules changed daily, so even when you adhered to them, they would change and you'd be reprimanded for yesterday's work. It was such a high-stress job. I was actually laid off when other offices were hiring! Wasn't even asked if I'd like to transfer. Years of experience just thrown away. I was so much happier after leaving, though.
Pros
Free lunches now and then
Cons
Poor management, not enough staff
Medical Office Specialist - Busy, but great!
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salem, VA5 May 2018
I worked with wonderful people at this office! Doctors, coworkers, and patients were excellent. Sometimes the pace was a little intense, but we all pitched in and worked together. I would highly recommend this job.
Pros
Wonderful practice
Cons
Hard work
very corporate culture
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL14 April 2018
I was overwhelmed with my job and didn't think that I was given enough time, etc. to get done what I needed. I had more responsibilities that my job description. Things at my office were poorly run at times, and it's hard to come back from that.
Cons
extremely stressful
Horrible place
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VA2 April 2018
This is a horrible company to work for, they don’t care about employees you are just a number to them. Management is an absolute joke, they have no idea what they are doing and they tell you to do something a certain way and the next week you get fired for doing what you were told to do in the first place! You also have to use your own PTO for holidays or you don’t get paid for it even though the office is closed! The only thing enjoyable is some employees but you have to be careful because some are very sneaky and two faced, just don’t waste your time with this place!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Almost anything you can think of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA Physician Services Group. Our community is ready to answer.