HCA Physician Services Group Employee Reviews for Licensed Practical Nurse

Gastroentrology Practice LPN
LPN (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FL30 November 2018
While expanding my knowledge and experience in nursing, HCA provided me with skills to enhance my career assisting patients and learning about the field of Gastroenterology.
Productive but stressful environment.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dublin, VA29 January 2018
New physician joined in 09/2017, difficult to work for/with. Office contains MD, PA, 2 LPN's, and 1 RT/LPN. During a typical office day 10 patients are seen.
So so place to work.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Blacksburg, VA.22 January 2018
I love being a nurse. I do not enjoy the mismanagement. Our office has many issues with disorganization,lack of employee training. Many of the staff members fight in front of patients and other staff which is stressful and embarrassing for our patients. Mistakes are made with patients safety because our patient ratio is too high.
Pros
Patient care is rewarding. PTO is earned, room for growth in company
Cons
Bottom line of company is money/statistics/quotas not patient care, . Fellow staff are unhappy with job stress and how doctors treat staff, this makes it difficult to focus on patients and take good care of them.
An amazing place to work.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Salem, VA13 November 2017
I loved working for Lewis Gale Physicians and would return if they would hire me back. They offered great benefits and go above and beyond to help those in need.
Pros
No holidays, no weekends
Very good job with great people.
Licensed Practical Nurse/LPN (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN26 January 2017
Very busy office. I had lots of job duties which included phone triage, patient care, vital signs, assist MD with procedures, injection of medications (IM, SQ, intradermal), called patients back with results, scheduling tests, scheduling specialists appointments, calling in refills, and all other office obligations.
Pros
Best hours Monday thru Friday 7:30-4:30/5 pm
Cons
drive downtown with horrific traffic (stressful)
Good
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salem, VA27 October 2016
Excellent fast paced work environment with lots of opportunities for education. Excellent nursing team and auxiliary staff. A good place to work.
Pros
team work
Cons
under staffed
work place
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SC13 October 2016
Great place to work and staff great and Management are awesome. It's a good place to learn and grow. The Doctor's are AMAZING.
Primary medication nurse
LPN (Former Employee) –  Salem, VA31 August 2016
My first job out of nursing school. I was the primary medication nurse, without much room for growth, as being an LPN. RN's were used on the unit and LPN's were primary med nurses.
Pros
great staff, great hours
Cons
only being able to pass meds and not get the opportunity to learn/do more.
Very busy specialist office
LPN (Current Employee) –  New Port Richey, FL17 May 2016
This is a very busy specialist office. Multitasking is a must. The patients are my favorite part of the job. They become second family and make the days easier.
Unacceptable and unprofessional work enviroment
LPN (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN25 April 2015
A typical day at work was dealing with patient's care, scheduling test, follow up on phone calls. I learned much from this job, in that the more that you give to the company, the more they take you for granted and the less that they will compensate you on your work performance. Management is all about themselves and their bonuses. They don't care about advancing dedicated staff, due to the fact if you aren't happy with your job, oh well, there is always someone else that would love to have your job. I miss so many of my co-workers, yet feel sorry for them that they are treated the same way as they work hard to not receive the benefits or raises that are so over due. The hardest part of the job is remaining dedicated to patients that love you and yet, on the other hand have to work for such unloyal, unappreciative management.
Pros
Drug rep lunches, day shift job
Cons
Negative work enviroment
Professional facility, Great Teamwork
LPN (Former Employee) –  Salem, VA3 December 2014
Incredible management support system
Team work
Continuous Nursing Education
Pros
Team work
Cons
Long drive from where I lived
Trachs and Vents
Staff Nurse LPN (Former Employee) –  Salem, VA8 June 2014
It was a great opportunity to learn about trachs and vents, and care of dialysis patients.
Pros
diversity of co-workers
Cons
pay
Learned alot. Physicians always willing to show and share educational information.
Licensed Practical Nurse/Recovery Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mercerville, NJ18 May 2014
Interviewed patients to get medical histories, identify allergies and discuss medications, Maintained recovery room for patients that had a colonoscopy or endoscopy. Monitored patients vital signs and recovery. Assisted physicians with colonoscopies and endoscopies occasionally.
Pros
Learned a great deal.
Cons
Physicians could be demanding at times.
Aspen Maplewood is a good place to work
LPN- Clinical Staff (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MN13 May 2013
Have loved working for this company for over 15 years, many changes in management but great people working there!
great place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salem, VA19 April 2013
typical day/night at work fast paced and exciting
I learned what means how to be a nurse at LGMC
Management is very supportive and helpful
I have never worked with co-workers that i loved and appreciated more that those at lgmc.
the hardest part of the job is understanding and endurance
I enjoyed meeting new people from all walks of life and caring for there needs. working with dedicated and caring co-workers, and a great company.
Pros
lgmc treats there employes like family and make's your job easier
Cons
the long drive to work
Love the physician I worked for.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN30 September 2012
This was a very organized office. It was not team oriented. The hours were long due to each physician had one nurse long hours returning patient calls after working in clinic all day.
All of my coworkers were easy to get along with
LPN (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MN5 July 2012
Set up the rooms for clinic, bladder biopsies, cystoscopies, bladder biopsies, vasectomies. Rooming patients, receiving new information from patient, answer phones. Many interesting procedures. I also worked in podiatry where procedures were done in clinic, also. It was hard to keep the line of communication working between nurses and management. My co-workers overall were wonderful. Patient's who would come in wheelchairs we could not put on exam table in urology due to how tables were made. Working with my co-workers.
Pros
was allowed 1 hour for lunch
Cons
never got morning and afternoon breaks.