HCA Physician Services Group Employee Reviews for Certified Medical Assistant

Leadership was the worse I had ever experienced
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FL4 July 2019
She spoke down to all employees
If issues were brought to her attention that being the practice manager she would fix she would put the blame on everyone or everything else.
Never wanted to try to make changes in the office to make things rum more smooth.
Any issues with certain mid levels that would disrespect the office staff she never addressed.
Worse office I have ever worked in and I would never go back.
The doctor was great but he will never be able to keep office staff.
Pros
The doctor was great
Cons
Everything was terrible
Excellence Place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL13 April 2019
This is an excel place to work. The providers are very sweet. Management and HR are awesome. Great professional place to be in the medical field. Everyone puts in the same amount of work. Nobody works more than the others.
Pros
Excellent staff, great opportunities and health care
Cons
N/a
Fun, active, heavily scheduled sometimes
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN14 March 2019
The job is demanding and sometimes stressful. I have great nurses I worked with at the time. I decided to retire early, but things have changed in my life. I need to work alittle more for financial reasons. I may try part time at first and see how it goes. If it is early hours like 7-3 I would consider doing full time some where. I enjoy helping patients with things. If they don't have a smile I will give them one.

I have had a nice year to spend with my family and move, so I am ready to go back to work soon.

I would like an office that is not so rushed all the time, so you can have a lunch. Someone who values the employees time as well as the patient's time. Run on schedule. Some tend to over schedule patients and it makes the atmosphere stressed for both.
Pros
flexible hours, insurance for full time with 401K
Cons
not at home as much driving in traffic
Drama filled
CMA (Former Employee) –  Denton, TX27 January 2019
There were so many times that I got in trouble based on someone else’s word and was never allowed to defend myself. It even cost me my job. The pay is horrible for CMAs even though we kept the clinic running smooth and had so much stacked against us. You can’t vouce your opinion without getting in trouble and don’t ever think about making suggestions. If you can’t solve a problem with a coworker by yourself, you’re screwed because no one in management will listen to you. God forbid your kid get sick and you have to call in an hour before work because you’ll get points for it. And lord if you send them a doctors note while you’re in the ER, there’s another set of points.
Cons
Pay, management, training
a job
Certified Medical Assistant (AAMA) (Former Employee) –  Salem, VA 2415327 November 2018
They kiss providers behinds if hey are married and there spouse works within the company if one of the providers is a specialist. So they allow the provider to act in any manner. They also grandfather people in and do not listen when you point out when an employee is doing something wrong that could harm the patient.
Pros
Benefits and holidays off
Cons
lack of employees
Productive workplace
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KY31 August 2018
Management is great as well as physicians. Staff was like family. We all worked well as a team. Helping our patients to the best of my ability was my favorite part of the job.
Medical Assistant
Certified Medical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO14 July 2018
This was a very good experience. I was able to work hands on and learn one on one with providers. They are there to promote excellent patient care and it shows
HCA laid off so many people!
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX21 May 2018
This lay off was a major surprise and the person that told us was so cold about it. Our patients were also very devastated. I would not recommend this place to anyone! I don't even know why HCA is still posting job listings in the Houston area. Do not ever work for HCA or recommend anyone to their facilities.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Got laid off
This is my review
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, OR2 April 2018
I am not interested in reviewing my former companies at this time and should not be forced to. I understand that you are supposed to ask, but I am not going to.
Very efficient working enviornment
CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Palatka, FL21 March 2018
I really enjoyed working with this HCA company however the pay was not enough. This practice was by the book. Very clean and neat place to work. If the pay was better i would stay.
Pros
streessfree
Cons
salary
A lot of drama
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN18 December 2017
I would say that there was a lot of drama where I worked. Co workers always talking behind each others back. There wasn't a team atmosphere, some people did more than others and if you had to cover for another nurse or MA there was only a few that would. Sometimes we were asked to float to different sections of the clinic, again only 1 or 2 floated. Managment have their "pets". For the amount of work you do, pay is lacking for an MA. You rarely had to worry about lunch, drug reps pretty much supplied them.
Pros
Free lunches, busy
Cons
Drama, little pay, management favors people
busy
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FL27 September 2017
Patient are wonderful. I love working close to the provider and patients.
Taking vitals
Giving injections
Answer medical questions
Getting Authorizations

I enjoy interacting with patient and their families.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no being heard
Excellent office to work in!
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SC11 September 2017
I love what I do. I love my team mates, and patients. Couldn't have asked for a better environment. They all are so easy to work with. I love working with people and working with cardiologists'.
Pros
Everyone is awesome to work with, and free lunch 3 days a week.
Cons
the drive to HHI, and the Island is too expensive to live on.
Productive Workplace
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TX5 September 2017
Georgetown Medical was a fast paced, productive workplace. I worked for my own physician who I loved working for. We worked family practice as well as GYN, obstetrics. This was a very busy office but all of the nurses and medical assistants worked together when someone was behind. This was a busy busy office but rewarding.
great learning experience
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TN23 August 2017
the company thrives on customer service, which they will tell you is all about patient care, but its really about the bottom dollar. good company and good experience. wages are horrible.
Time management is everything
Certified medical assistant (Current Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MO28 June 2017
I have been at Family Care at Arbor walk for 8 years. I have developed excellent time management skills working in this busy family practice office. I room for 20-30 patients per day, phlebotomy on outside labs and in house labs, call 40-60 patients per day with lab results, refills, triage, prior authorizations, etc. I assist the physician in minor surgeries.
I help manage the office when the office manager is out of the office. I have a reputation of helping the other CMAs in the office and office staff take care of difficult patients.
I love having the relationships for my patients and being their advocate.
Cons
working through lunches most days.
It was a descent place to work
Primary Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN24 May 2017
I enjoyed my days most of the time I was there.I especially loved my patients. The supervisor wasn't fair with everyone. She treated the ines she liked better than the other employees.
Pros
Descent place to work
Cons
Not enough pay for what we had to do
Enjoyable place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NH22 May 2017
Atlantic Surgical Associates is a great place to work, the office environment is both relaxing and quick paced. The surgeons are very respectful and value your input. The manager is approachable and will always listen to your concerns or ideas that you have to improve the workplace culture.
Constantly Changing in Work Flow
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX29 April 2017
Never boring and good clinic. Fair pay and good managers. Fast paced at times but team oriented. Helping patients is a good feeling and providing additional support to the nursing staff.
Pros
Awesome coworkers and Doctors
Cons
Heavy workloads at times
good place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KS9 January 2017
Friendly doctors willing to help when they can. They care about their patient and employees also. They welcome you as an employee and you feel like part of the team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA Physician Services Group. Our community is ready to answer.