HCA Physician Services Group Employee Reviews

Coworkers/managers
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FL22 February 2019
The coworkers run this doc office and the worst person to work with is christine so beware. Do not work at the newberry office in gainesville

I repeat do not
Lots of support
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NH20 February 2019
I was a brand new MA and started here. I've had so much support from everyone around me. Its a great place to work with free lunches and celebrations of birthdays and anniversaries of how long you've been there. My boss is so nice and understanding. I would like to get out a little bit earlier if I could and start earlier but I have set hours which is nice. No late nights. My starting pay is reasonable because of my lack of experience but I think based on the area I live in I could have been paid more. Thats the only bad thing I have to say. It gets harder as time goes on because you aren't doing the same thing every single day so it can be hard to learn things. But with the support of the staff they root for you to succeed.
Pros
Celebrations and free lunches
Cons
pay
Detailed
Specialty Coder II (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO17 February 2019
Coding for HCA was a great experience and the training was very good, especially for ICD-10 diagnostic coding. We had good coding support and monthly learning modules.
Pros
Good place to learn different coding
Cons
Pay scale is a little low
Nasty women on a power trip
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Margate, FL6 February 2019
Office is managed by egotistical passsivly aggressive women who like to treat people like they are children . Supervisors have no morals , they talk about you to one another . Cliquey office vibe . Violate Hippa laws CONSISTENTLY . Upper management takes the nasty office managers side because they’ve been friends outside of work. Most stressful work environment I’ve ever encountered.
Pros
A pay check
Cons
Lol please don’t get me started
good benefits
RN (Current Employee) –  Salem, VA30 January 2019
good benefits, hiring and promoting practices are questionable. all policies are open to very loose interpretation and it is the discretion of each department director whether to enforce the policies
Poor management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Okatie, SC29 January 2019
Non-competitive pay for sure! Extremely poor management! Company doesn't care much about employees and thinks of you as disposable. Insurance is God awful.....you have to pay a co-pay to see a doctor within your facility.....mine was a $45.00 co-pay!!!!! How insane to see a doctor within the facility that you work for! And you're paying an arm and a leg for it. Not a good company to work for, Tenet Health in this area pays way better and has extremely better insurance!
Lots of experience
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX28 January 2019
A tpical work day can be easy or difficult.. Assis patient in person or over the phone. Sometimes you have to think for other to get a feel of what they need and how can you help them, but if you like helping others than medical field is where you need to be..
Pros
Free lunches, Gifts, Parties, Free parking for employees
Cons
Short breaks
Drama filled
CMA (Former Employee) –  Denton, TX27 January 2019
There were so many times that I got in trouble based on someone else’s word and was never allowed to defend myself. It even cost me my job. The pay is horrible for CMAs even though we kept the clinic running smooth and had so much stacked against us. You can’t vouce your opinion without getting in trouble and don’t ever think about making suggestions. If you can’t solve a problem with a coworker by yourself, you’re screwed because no one in management will listen to you. God forbid your kid get sick and you have to call in an hour before work because you’ll get points for it. And lord if you send them a doctors note while you’re in the ER, there’s another set of points.
Cons
Pay, management, training
Treated like family in the work place.
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX25 January 2019
A typical day for me was retrieving mail, scanning in documents, preparing charts for daily appointments. Outside medical releases- to other medical facilities, Attorney offices & Insurance offices. HEDIS chart reviews and other chart reviews.I learned how to priorities my duties and also comply with with HIPAA compliance. Workplace culture was sometime inspiring and friendly. The hardest part of the job was when we had to include answering the phone if the front office was short handed it was a distraction for the work we were responsible for.The most enjoyable part of the job was the great co-workers really miss my coworkers.
HCA - Parallon - Carenow
Denial Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TX21 January 2019
I enjoy the flexibility of the work environment. The flexiblity help when you have children. I have learned a lot about the collection process as well as the Third Party's process.
Work was monotenous
Medical Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FL18 January 2019
Did not really care for the environment. Boss was not knowledgeable. Just time for a change. Not really sure because that was so long ago and since then,I've had jobs that have been good places to work.
Pros
I had a job
Good starting position
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TN11 January 2019
This position was great for entry level and learning multiple aspects of the front office perspective of a physicians office. It was difficult to be promoted from within the company at this location.
fast pasted with friendly patients
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  salem, va8 January 2019
I worked in a very busy doctors office and had handled all front desk duties. It was a very good place to work with lots of chances of improvement daily.
Pros
nice atmosphere
Cons
low pay
Work week
Division Vice President, Continental Division (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO7 January 2019
Driven organization that gets results. Demands are put on senior leadership to drive results.

I learned a tremendous amount during my time at HCA Physician services
Pros
Large organization
Cons
High work pace
job review
Change nurse (Current Employee) –  Salem, VA7 January 2019
Present job requires 10-12 hrs of work per day on a salary. There is no compensation for holidays worked, extra voluntary days picked up or extra projects done. There is no compensation for special recognition from patients for going the extra distance to help or do more for patients/families.
Pros
working days
Cons
long hours and weekends/holidays working
Financial Counselor/Registrar/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pulaski, VA27 December 2018
Good place to work. For what I do and the amount of time I have worked for the company I would like to make at least $15.00 a hour. I love my co-workers and I do like being at a small facility where we fill like family.
Enjoyable job
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA26 December 2018
I really enjoyed working for the HCA. I loved all the people I worked with and the easy going atmosphere. Management needed some work but that was easy to overlook with all the amazing coworkers I had.
Balanced Work/Life
Neurohospitalist & Stroke Medical Director (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SC20 December 2018
I have worked at HCA for nearly 3 years.
I have great colleagues with an ideal schedule which allows me to preserve a work life balance. After 8.5 years in private practice previously, I can say now that I feel like a doctor again as an inpatient neurologist.
The administration is fair-minded. The staff are competent, collegial and compassionate.
Secure place to work
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Blacksburg, VA19 December 2018
Company treats their employees with respect and offers career advancement. Detailed training for position. Open to your input on how run the day to day operations.
Never worked here
No experience (Former Employee) –  Dubai, AE14 December 2018
I have never worked here and not sure why this pops out in my subscription with this portal. The given ratings are not accurate because otherwise system would no allow me to proceed to the next step.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA Physician Services Group. Our community is ready to answer.