HCA Physician Services Group Employee Reviews

People
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Richnmond, VA21 April 2019
I have been lucky enough to work with great staff and physicians. They care about one another and have a real sense of family. The hardest part of my job is monitoring all of the reports while focusing on my staff, physicians and patients needs which is my top priority.
Bullied and Harassed
Clinical Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Georgia19 April 2019
Micromanaging at its best! I’m now suffering from severe anxiety working here. There are constant complaints and concerns that corporate employees turn the other cheek to. HCA: Hypocrites Causing Anxiety. Money hungry and could careless about employee health issues due to a poor manager who drinks alcohol on the job, bullies employees, harass their every move, and has no respect for staff members of unimportance to the manager’s position.
Pros
Sweet patients who encourage you to do great things!
Cons
Mental Health Risks
Official response from HCA Physician Services Group
22 April 2019

Thank you for voicing your concerns. We would like to discuss these issues further with you. We ask that you to call our Ethics Hotline at 1-800-455-1996. Your call will be anonymous and handled discretely.

Great place to advance knowledge and experience
Mammography & Radiologic technologist (Current Employee) –  Salem, VA14 April 2019
HCA encourages staff participation in knowing the hospital goals and ongoing improvements for staff and patient care. I have been given the opportunity to learn advanced procedures in mammography for the benefit of patient care.
Excellence Place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL13 April 2019
This is an excel place to work. The providers are very sweet. Management and HR are awesome. Great professional place to be in the medical field. Everyone puts in the same amount of work. Nobody works more than the others.
Pros
Excellent staff, great opportunities and health care
Cons
N/a
Poor management
Charge Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX10 April 2019
Unfortunately I had poor management, you felt stress with his/her presence. Manager always complained about his/her responsibilities. Very uncomfortable work environment.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Manager
Best job ever
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Salem, VA7 April 2019
Loved working in the er. Great nurses to work with. On the job training starting with poct testing. Just a all around great place to work. Fast paced very exciting fun filled job. I learned so much working in the er at Lewis Gale Medical Center
Pros
Always got our breaks which is very important
Cons
No complaints
Awful
REGISTERED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Virginia3 April 2019
There's too many chiefs and not enough Indians. The management is terrible. There is no culture and the mission statement and vision is not followed. They care about there bonuses instead of patient care. It is who you know, not what you know. We don't get a raise, we get blankets and candy. We might get a nickel raise every year
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment plan
Cons
Bad management, high turnover ratio, no pay raises
Productive and great place to work
Surgery scheduling manager (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FL1 April 2019
Surgeon, management and staff were great to work with. Manager was flexible with your working hours when needed. Patients were very happy with results they received after surgery.
Great doctor to work for!
Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Utahna Murray, UT25 March 2019
I loved the doctor I worked for, and the patients were also great! I truly enjoyed that part of the job.
Unfortunately the manger that I worked for is super unprofessional and inappropriate. Example: discussing/ gossiping about other employees and even physician's that worked in our department to employees. I worked in this department and for HCA for 2.5 years. And there was bullying from the nurse and manger and anytime you would have a concern the right thing to do is go to the manger. But in this situation the manger I was under would never do anything with peoples concerns but would be absolutely thrilled to discuss your concerns to everyone in the office. Needless to say I went to HR 4 times in 2.5 years and nothing ever happened. I left cause I was actively seeking a new career due to the issue with management.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Management, pay increases, no paid time off.
Good entry level job
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FL21 March 2019
At the time it was a walk in clinic. The hours were 8 am to 8 pm which was not bad. Some days were a lot busier than others, but that was to be expected since it was a walk in clinic. Overall, I would say this company was nice to work for. It offered a benefits package and 401 K. It was fast paced but not chaotic.
Pros
Drug Rep lunches and paid holidays
Cons
High employee overturn
The doctors were great to work with
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GA18 March 2019
I left due to new management taking over the practice. This has since been changed again. Had I known that the manager that was trying to get me fired was going to get fired herself I would have stuck it out the 2 months she had left.
I loved the physician I work with he was great. The only reason why I kept my job.
NRCMA (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX17 March 2019
Typical day at work was prepping charts taking phone call s checking fax inbox and making sure all rx where sent by the end of the day. I learned alot working for HCA. Workplace was not healthy that’s why I decided to leave people seemed not care if you leave at least thats how I felt. The hardest part of my job was NOTHING believe it or not I love patient care along with my provider I worked for. I enjoyed my job because of my lovely patients and provider. Managment was very strict yet she was doing her job as my provider will say.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Too much gossip
Positive Work Experience
Inpatient Rehab Case Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Salem, VA17 March 2019
I was an intern here for my final semester of school and I found it to be a very enjoyable experience. This position taught me the importance of collaborative work. I would love to work for another HCA affiliated hospital in the future if given the opportunity.
Fun, active, heavily scheduled sometimes
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN14 March 2019
The job is demanding and sometimes stressful. I have great nurses I worked with at the time. I decided to retire early, but things have changed in my life. I need to work alittle more for financial reasons. I may try part time at first and see how it goes. If it is early hours like 7-3 I would consider doing full time some where. I enjoy helping patients with things. If they don't have a smile I will give them one.

I have had a nice year to spend with my family and move, so I am ready to go back to work soon.

I would like an office that is not so rushed all the time, so you can have a lunch. Someone who values the employees time as well as the patient's time. Run on schedule. Some tend to over schedule patients and it makes the atmosphere stressed for both.
Pros
flexible hours, insurance for full time with 401K
Cons
not at home as much driving in traffic
High volume practice
LI-Revenue Cycle Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellmore, NY11 March 2019
Great group of staff. Everyone worked as a team. Upper management unorganized. At times it could be very intense with some much going on. You will get great support from staff but unfortunately not from upper management.
productive
Data entry, in\outbound calls (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL10 March 2019
I learned a lot during my time there. One thing I loved working with the patients and helping them in their time of need for any insurance situations that came up.
Head of house hold. Needed employment.
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MO7 March 2019
I transferred here from selesct specialty services. I needed employment to care for my family. This job will have to work for me for now while i work to further my education. I plan on applying for tuition reembersement and all other help while i am employeed at Research medical center.
Hca
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX6 March 2019
I learned::

Employees will no longer receive automatic annual raises (to keep of the cost of living and whatnot). Instead, if raises are given, they will be given at a maximum of 2% - this being contingent upon meeting additional requirements to qualify (i.e. not exceeding a certain amount of absences and other punctuality requirements).

Conversely, I also learned that HCA recently increased the cost of certain services it provides (i.e. I compared the cost of a service to that of its previous years cost).

Oh, and another fun tidbit- 401k is matched the 1st quarter of the FOLLOWING year. So, hang around if you want that match!
Cons
Lowest pay in healthcare! (compared w/ healthcare comp. in region )
Good Company
LPN (Current Employee) –  Salem, VA5 March 2019
Great company to work at to get feet wet. Nurses had 5-6 patients per shift, which could make day very busy. My manager and clinical coordinator were very supportive.
Asking Questions was not Allowed
Charge Capture Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Austin Medical Hospital28 February 2019
I was not apposed to doing the job. What I didn't like about the job, was the negative knowledge of involved work, and the lack of communication the team had with upper management.
Pros
Working with Great Employees
Cons
No Knowledge of any changes or any Communication across the board

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA Physician Services Group. Our community is ready to answer.