HCA Physician Services Group Employee Reviews

The absolute worst
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FL13 July 2019
I would not send my worst enemy to work for this company. You are nothing but a machine. Work..work..work. never appreciated. MANAGEMENT IS THE WORST!!!!
Workplace driven by patient safety and happiness
Clinical Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FL9 July 2019
While employed at HCAPS, I spent many years focused on patient care, with the opportunity to expand my knowledge in healthcare related areas. My practice supervisor was always supportive and understanding and a wonderful mentor.
No leadership and very poor management.
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FL6 July 2019
Recent change in leadership decreased effective management. New leadership has made working here horrible. Cannot understand why this continues when it is clearly evident that leadership lacks to expertise.
Leadership was the worse I had ever experienced
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FL4 July 2019
She spoke down to all employees
If issues were brought to her attention that being the practice manager she would fix she would put the blame on everyone or everything else.
Never wanted to try to make changes in the office to make things rum more smooth.
Any issues with certain mid levels that would disrespect the office staff she never addressed.
Worse office I have ever worked in and I would never go back.
The doctor was great but he will never be able to keep office staff.
Pros
The doctor was great
Cons
Everything was terrible
Dont work here
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KS30 June 2019
The office I worked for was great at first. Literally bending over backwards to help in training. After 2 months things went down hill. The manager told me several times she felt like I didnt belong and was making too many mistakes. It was my first time working after graduation. Dont work here. The stress and poor attitude from the employee is ridiculous. There is no getting help from your colleagues. Benefit aren't worth it.
poor manager
Lead tech (Former Employee) –  Salem, VA29 June 2019
Had manager who didn't know the job but was trying to tell everyone how to do their job had a very high turn over while manager was employed there I would have to think long time before going back
Keep Looking
Charge Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FL24 June 2019
This company hires untrained unprofessional incompetent managers. They allow the managers to do whatever they like. No paid holidays even when the office is closed. They have no compassion or understanding for people with small children. Unfair. Allows favoritism and lets some employees get away with just about anything. Micro management. No room for career advancement if your are a minority. They are a racist company.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Not enough raises
Was a good first job in the medical field.
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO20 June 2019
This company as a whole requires a lot more work in a daily basis than they like to pay for. No merit raises are offered, only yearly raises that end up being two percent. In the practice itself it was a great place to work.
Good company to work for
Cardiac Device Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashville TN19 June 2019
The group I work with are extremely passionate and will go above and beyond for their patients. Benefit package is competitive. They strive to set standard of care high.
The management and communication was horrible
MOS (Former Employee) –  Augusta,Ga19 June 2019
Most of the co-workers were amazing! Very helpful and friendly! The areas practice manager and market manager are horrible, did not have good communication skills and did not follow proper protocol with disciplinary actions! They tell you one thing and do another! They have MOS working as MAs with the patients who are not certified! They also don’t check the patients medicines they don’t check medical records or faxes in a timely manner! They hire you for one position and make you work another! There is no training in the work place! They throw you to the wolves as long as there is a body in the seat that’s all they care about! They knowingly have had complaints about other employees making sexual advances at patients and reps and they do nothing about it! They do not have enough practice managers for there office because the turn over rate is so high! They work people from different practices in other offices that they are not trained for! The management also tell other employees personal business!!!
knowledge and experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NH9 June 2019
This was my first job out of MA school. I was honored to be working with the most amazing doctors in NH. This job gave me not only basic knowledge of family medicine but the confidence in doing good work and being appreciated for that
Great atmosphere, but management stuck in old ways
Physical Therapy Technician (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KS5 June 2019
Great atmosphere and fast paced, but management is stuck in there old ways which makes more of a work load for employees. Things could get done faster if management would listen.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
No room for advancement, low pay
good place to work
Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Salem, VA4 June 2019
HCA Physician services is a pleasant company to work with. You are recognized for your accomplishments and you weren't made to feel inadequate or incompetent.
Pros
Everyone worked well together in the office I worked in
Cons
acquisition of the Lewis Gale Physicians Lab in Salem by LabCorp
Okay place to work
Insurance Verification Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX2 June 2019
job security was great! Benefits were awesome! However, the pay was very minimal and you would only get a few cents raise yearly, which was a slap in the face. The change in management was terrible and was my deciding factor as to leaving.
Productive, fun place to work. Many opportunities to advance.
LPN, Office nurse (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FL22 May 2019
Work on worker's comp write offs and insurance billing. Also assisted MD's with cardiac stress testing. I learned many things while working here. The management was terrific. Great manager. The workplace culture was have fun, be positive and do your job well. There was no difficulty in this job. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it included several different jobs at once.
Pros
Great learning experiences, fun, great management
Cons
There were no cons at this job.
love it
HOUSE KEEPER (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VA21 May 2019
i love working with children and old people coz it was really fun working with then by playing with them helping them what they supposed to do and also i love helping people
Pros
not really
Umm
Laboratory Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Independence, MO20 May 2019
If i wouldnt have got a new mgr i would still be there i topped out in 3yrs The new mgr is disrespectful which began the high turnover Love my old mgr
Pros
Old mgr, distance, hours
Cons
New management
Review
Director (Former Employee) –  Salem, VA14 May 2019
High- stress environment to meet and exceed goals
Will manage multiple offices
Constant Physician turnover

Loved the team environment. Always recognizing employees. Workshops and team building meetings
Stressful
LVN (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, TX3 May 2019
Was not a good fit. No way to advance. Often worked short-staffed. I enjoyed getting to know the patients and felt food when I was able to help them.
Fast paced and fun working environment
Charge Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FL25 April 2019
This has been one of the best places to work at so far. The people and the culture make it a great place to work at. Advancement opportunities are limited.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA Physician Services Group. Our community is ready to answer.