HCA Physician Services Group Employee Reviews

knowledge and experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NH9 June 2019
This was my first job out of MA school. I was honored to be working with the most amazing doctors in NH. This job gave me not only basic knowledge of family medicine but the confidence in doing good work and being appreciated for that
Great atmosphere, but management stuck in old ways
Physical Therapy Technician (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KS5 June 2019
Great atmosphere and fast paced, but management is stuck in there old ways which makes more of a work load for employees. Things could get done faster if management would listen.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
No room for advancement, low pay
good place to work
Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Salem, VA4 June 2019
HCA Physician services is a pleasant company to work with. You are recognized for your accomplishments and you weren't made to feel inadequate or incompetent.
Pros
Everyone worked well together in the office I worked in
Cons
acquisition of the Lewis Gale Physicians Lab in Salem by LabCorp
Okay place to work
Insurance Verification Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX2 June 2019
job security was great! Benefits were awesome! However, the pay was very minimal and you would only get a few cents raise yearly, which was a slap in the face. The change in management was terrible and was my deciding factor as to leaving.
Productive, fun place to work. Many opportunities to advance.
LPN, Office nurse (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FL22 May 2019
Work on worker's comp write offs and insurance billing. Also assisted MD's with cardiac stress testing. I learned many things while working here. The management was terrific. Great manager. The workplace culture was have fun, be positive and do your job well. There was no difficulty in this job. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it included several different jobs at once.
Pros
Great learning experiences, fun, great management
Cons
There were no cons at this job.
love it
HOUSE KEEPER (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VA21 May 2019
i love working with children and old people coz it was really fun working with then by playing with them helping them what they supposed to do and also i love helping people
Pros
not really
Umm
Laboratory Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Independence, MO20 May 2019
If i wouldnt have got a new mgr i would still be there i topped out in 3yrs The new mgr is disrespectful which began the high turnover Love my old mgr
Pros
Old mgr, distance, hours
Cons
New management
Review
Director (Former Employee) –  Salem, VA14 May 2019
High- stress environment to meet and exceed goals
Will manage multiple offices
Constant Physician turnover

Loved the team environment. Always recognizing employees. Workshops and team building meetings
Stressful
LVN (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, TX3 May 2019
Was not a good fit. No way to advance. Often worked short-staffed. I enjoyed getting to know the patients and felt food when I was able to help them.
Fast paced and fun working environment
Charge Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FL25 April 2019
This has been one of the best places to work at so far. The people and the culture make it a great place to work at. Advancement opportunities are limited.
People
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Richnmond, VA21 April 2019
I have been lucky enough to work with great staff and physicians. They care about one another and have a real sense of family. The hardest part of my job is monitoring all of the reports while focusing on my staff, physicians and patients needs which is my top priority.
Bullied and Harassed
Clinical Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Georgia19 April 2019
Micromanaging at its best! I’m now suffering from severe anxiety working here. There are constant complaints and concerns that corporate employees turn the other cheek to. HCA: Hypocrites Causing Anxiety. Money hungry and could careless about employee health issues due to a poor manager who drinks alcohol on the job, bullies employees, harass their every move, and has no respect for staff members of unimportance to the manager’s position.
Pros
Sweet patients who encourage you to do great things!
Cons
Mental Health Risks
Official response from HCA Physician Services Group
22 April 2019

Thank you for voicing your concerns. We would like to discuss these issues further with you. We ask that you to call our Ethics Hotline at 1-800-455-1996. Your call will be anonymous and handled discretely.

Great place to advance knowledge and experience
Mammography & Radiologic technologist (Current Employee) –  Salem, VA14 April 2019
HCA encourages staff participation in knowing the hospital goals and ongoing improvements for staff and patient care. I have been given the opportunity to learn advanced procedures in mammography for the benefit of patient care.
Excellence Place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL13 April 2019
This is an excel place to work. The providers are very sweet. Management and HR are awesome. Great professional place to be in the medical field. Everyone puts in the same amount of work. Nobody works more than the others.
Pros
Excellent staff, great opportunities and health care
Cons
N/a
Poor management
Charge Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX10 April 2019
Unfortunately I had poor management, you felt stress with his/her presence. Manager always complained about his/her responsibilities. Very uncomfortable work environment.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Manager
Best job ever
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Salem, VA7 April 2019
Loved working in the er. Great nurses to work with. On the job training starting with poct testing. Just a all around great place to work. Fast paced very exciting fun filled job. I learned so much working in the er at Lewis Gale Medical Center
Pros
Always got our breaks which is very important
Cons
No complaints
Awful
REGISTERED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Virginia3 April 2019
There's too many chiefs and not enough Indians. The management is terrible. There is no culture and the mission statement and vision is not followed. They care about there bonuses instead of patient care. It is who you know, not what you know. We don't get a raise, we get blankets and candy. We might get a nickel raise every year
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment plan
Cons
Bad management, high turnover ratio, no pay raises
Productive and great place to work
Surgery scheduling manager (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FL1 April 2019
Surgeon, management and staff were great to work with. Manager was flexible with your working hours when needed. Patients were very happy with results they received after surgery.
Great doctor to work for!
Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Utahna Murray, UT25 March 2019
I loved the doctor I worked for, and the patients were also great! I truly enjoyed that part of the job.
Unfortunately the manger that I worked for is super unprofessional and inappropriate. Example: discussing/ gossiping about other employees and even physician's that worked in our department to employees. I worked in this department and for HCA for 2.5 years. And there was bullying from the nurse and manger and anytime you would have a concern the right thing to do is go to the manger. But in this situation the manger I was under would never do anything with peoples concerns but would be absolutely thrilled to discuss your concerns to everyone in the office. Needless to say I went to HR 4 times in 2.5 years and nothing ever happened. I left cause I was actively seeking a new career due to the issue with management.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Management, pay increases, no paid time off.
Good entry level job
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FL21 March 2019
At the time it was a walk in clinic. The hours were 8 am to 8 pm which was not bad. Some days were a lot busier than others, but that was to be expected since it was a walk in clinic. Overall, I would say this company was nice to work for. It offered a benefits package and 401 K. It was fast paced but not chaotic.
Pros
Drug Rep lunches and paid holidays
Cons
High employee overturn

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA Physician Services Group. Our community is ready to answer.