H&R Transport Employee Reviews

H and R is very poorly managed/ restructuring a joke
Class 1 Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC23 May 2018
Enjoyed some years at H and R Transport as long haul hwy driver. Was good if u don’t mind being invisible. Very poor management & dispatch was unprofessional., giving u load assignments according to how much they like you that day. Absolutely no one to talk to regarding concerns or grievances. Not that anyone would listen anyways!
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
all aspects of management or lack of it
Getting worse every month
Long Haul Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 April 2018
I'm not proud to be a part of Big Red Team anymore, even ashamed. There're too many delays lately, especially before a reloads, low milage and income as a result. Many drivers left the company like rats abandon a sinking ship and many will leave, likely i'll be one of them. Most of my coworkers think the same. Zero motivation.
Pros
Not found already
Cons
Too many delays, low income
Restructuring Company
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Montreal10 March 2018
The company has laid-off most of their company drivers and hired brokers. Management does not care about employees. Every year they kept cutting on benefits, hours, and pay. No job security. Brokers unproductive.
Good Days and Bad Days
Long Haul Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB6 March 2018
Been with H&R Transport for 10 years, I have had good days and bad days, huge restructuring going on within H&R Transport and many have lost there jobs, do not feel secure no more, mileage dropped and so has income.
Pros
Nice Trucks and newer equipment
Cons
Low Miles, pay bonus cut last year and no replacement as indicated there would be
I had a good job here
Area City Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 January 2018
Decent company to work for, I learned a lot about the North American transport industry from this company, Management at sometimes could be hard and not that easy at listening to your point of view but eventually did listen, hardest part of job was language barrier with some driver but overcame that, enjoyed meeting and interacting with drivers and customers.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
communication
Great Company to work for
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 November 2017
This place has taught me a great deal about the work environement with people belonging to different cultures. As i worked in three different departments it provided me a comprehensive knowledge of automotive trucking industry in North America.
Good company to work with
Semi Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB25 September 2017
I got my pr working with H&R . Treatment was fair but time to move on . Coach driving is more in line of what I want to do .. this company was very good and helpful.
overload of work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB3 July 2017
would not recommend this company to anyone. terrible work conditions. hot during the summer. expect way too much work for minuim pay. no positive feedback ever.
Pros
monday thur friday
Cons
terrible pay
Long- Haul
Long-Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 February 2017
I worked as a long-haul truck driver in this company. Most of the trips were cross- border trips. I liked the management and problem solving skills...
Great Place to hang the hat
Senior Driver Trainer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 February 2017
Organization is above average for everything. There truly is nothing bad to say about it.. from ownership to the janitors..
Pros
people
Cons
people
Excellent company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB28 October 2016
Very well run. Dispatchers are second to none. Management very concerned with employee satisfaction. I spent most of my time driving reefers between Canada and the US
Pros
Very efficient dispatching
Cons
Long hours, constantly away from home
Terrible
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 October 2016
I could not live on these wages short on miles definitely sit everywhere you go and dont pay Dispatched was atrocious call in to have to call another 5 times in a day to get a load.I was hungry and ragged like the saying goes for these asshats
Fast paced Workplace
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 October 2016
I enjoyed being under minimum supervision and very fast paced days went by very quick will go back if called back for work if I am lookin.
het fijnste bedrijf tot nu toe
Vrachtwagenchauffeur (Former Employee) –  lethbridge9 September 2016
dit was tot nu toe het fijnste bedrijf waar ik ooit gewerkt heb. geen commentaar.
Pros
vrijheid
Cons
duitse planner
Not a great company
Long Haul Driver (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB3 August 2016
came as a work permit holder was treated like i would be on the next plane every week, no respect for drivers. earning potential was ok layovers never paid and miles hard to achieve if dispatch wanted to be awkward
Pros
equipment
Cons
bad management
H&R Transport is filled with good qualified employees who constantly work together to reach the TEAM goals
Calgary Fleet Maintenance & Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary AB25 October 2015
My typical daily duties include reviewing all outstanding maintenance issues as well as ongoing repairs.
Logistics for in-service and out-servicing of all equipment as we have over 2000 units this is an ongoing and challenging task.
Facilities maintenance and repairs include 7 buildings and the infrastructure for a temperature controlled and secured area as well as wash facilities for trailer interiors and exteriors of all equipment
Pros
company with a long history and supportive management
Cons
not as forward thinking as they could be
Not worth it
OTR driver (Current Employee) –  Brampton19 October 2015
Gave up a pretty good job for this place. They make tons of promises then leave you alone to fend for yourself. Dispatch are horrible not one has ever been in a truck. E logs should be a great tool but when you send in your HOS every day and they still don't know you're out of running hours what's the point. They will push push push you to the limits with forced Dispatch until you want to head home then mysteriously there are no loads available. Far better companies to work for than this garbage company. New trucks is about the only perk.
Pros
New trucks
Cons
Everything else
Wasn't happy there
Long Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB5 October 2015
I don't have anything nice to say, so I won't say anything at all. I'm not here to complain or bad mouth anybody, but apparently I can't get out of this part of the process unless I write a bunch more on here. So here I go writing a bunch more nonsense. Sorry for wasting your time having to read this.
laid off
Shipping/receiving (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta24 September 2015
Its unfortunate i was laid off. I learned a lot of new skills through this company. I would work for them again. You felt like a part of the team.
Good
Long haul truck driver (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB30 July 2015
This company is just to access to Canada. After you got the enough time to apply for a PR, I recommend do it and once you get the PR, look for another company.