H&R Block Employee Review

variety in the type of work, appreciation of what you do for someone which may seem simple to you but weight lifting for them
Tax Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 September 2013
Handling phone calls, answering questions regarding filing of tax returns, or responding to Canada Revenue for clients that have filed and additional information is needed preparing various types of tax returns.
Hardest part--adjusting and staying on top of the constant change whether it be different management or new tax law
enjoyable--Helping clients receive satisfaction by resolve problems with preparing their tax returns or their inquiries from Canada Revenue. As an instructor with either the Public courses or employee classes the satisfaction of seeing them learn and apply new skills and knowledge.
Pros
employees able to upgrade knowledge for cost of textbook, company subsidizes classroom expense
Cons
seasonal

Other H&R Block Employee Reviews

It feels good to help people file their taxes, know their benefits etc
Customer Services Leader (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON21 April 2018
The hardest part of this job is dealing with people and managing their expectations. The most enjoyable part is when you discover someone has a refund from taxes.
seasonal work
Tax Professional (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC18 April 2018
My typical day would be arriving to work looking to see if there was dropped of taxes for me to do. I would always help as many walks-in as I could for my own person daily goals, The people there were always willing to help me if I ran stuck which to me is very important since it was my first year with the company.
Pros
free tax returns for 10 people I knew
Cons
seasonal work