H&R Block
Information from H&R Block:

H&R Block Employee Reviews

Canada742 reviews
Good work place
I am having great job experience through H & R Block. They have good management and very friendly environment which give me confidence. Because of friendly work environment I could learn fast and effectively.
very relaxed and casual atmosphere,pick my own schedule
My boss is very laid back and casual
I can pretty much come and go as I like

I always get my jobs done tho, because I am responsible and reliable, punctual and honest
Engaging and fun workplace
Working at H&R Block is a lot of fun, which most people are surprised to hear. The office becomes like an extended family, everyone looks out for each other. The hectic craziness of tax season is not for everyone, but if you like working in a fast paced environment and exercising your brain its perfect. Being able to help clients to understand their taxes and to get the maximum possible refund is rewarding, and seeing someones life change through the work you do is amazing. Taxes are just numbers, but Tax preparation is a people first business. Looking at someone life through tax, and finding ways to help is a core value for all associates, and it makes each day feel rewarding.
Pros
Generally always food or snacks nearby, great relationships among teammates
Cons
Seasonal
Good learning experience
Working with hr blocks is a good learning experience specially for a new comer to CANADA. You get indepth knowledge of tax system. Which is very important
Fine place to gain experience doing taxes
Not great money, benefits, or security, but excellent training for tax preparation. I was not particularly impressed with the District Manager or DOC, neither seemed to be aware that being personable and pleasant were a real requirement for Customer Service.
Pros
Days go by fast
Cons
Low pay, little compensation, no benefits
fun work place with a good experience
I enjoyed the place everyone was helping me.
I was working as a customer service

I recommend all interested in taxes to work here

it was a short period but it gives me a lot of talent.
Awesome place to work
Nice people to work with, relaxed job.
Lots of room for advancement.

Provide good training.

The company appreciates their people.

I would recommend it to my friends.
productive
Greet the client, and prepare the personal tax file, and then hand it to the front disk to process the payment or get an instant refund.
Workplace culture is very friendly, senior staff are always ready to help and support
H&R block always offers seasonal job.
The place is good for learning about tax. Employees are friendly and provide a nice work environment. The services are more offended about client satisfaction so it’s become little stressful to explain to client about tax in detail.
Best working environment
Best place I ever worked
It was a seasonal position, but enjoyed working here

Some benefits for tax filing to my family and friends too.

Hours were less due to Covid 19

I was working back of office, so no interaction with customers. Ticket resolving is a relaxed job, not very much stressful.
Good first workplace for tax pro
H&R Block has a great set of classes for beginners and for experts. If you successfully complete a course you can be hired for the upcoming tax season.
I am thankful to H&R Block for the great experience!
Not worth your time
The company itself does not care about the well being of their employees. Poor wages. Not worth your time. I'd rather work for tim hortons then here.
Good work environment, great team , everyone was helpful (especially with the first year tax pros)
Great hours (ability to pick your hours and days of the week)
Great place to gain work experience
Its a seasonal job, but great place to supplement your income. Great staff, great bosses. Only downfall is every season you need 3 months of unpaid training to get three months of employment
IN H&R Block you could enjoy when you talk with your cowroker
It is very good, I enjoy when I see many people, also my coworkers are very nice, U gave to organize every things, staff schedule, office staff, and answer for the people request.
Pros
you could meet many person
Cons
the salary is so down
Temporaire
Si vous êtes à la recherche d'un poste temporaire durant la période de mi-février au 30 avril, pensez à travailler chez H&R Block. Dépendamment des succursales**, l'ambiance de travail est super et le travail valorisant. Les prix sont toutefois beaucoup trop élevés.
Entreprise innovante
Cherche sans cesse des solutions pour accroître sa clientèle et son chiffre d'affaires qui investit dans la formation et les solutions mais malheureusement, en dehors de l'expérience ne profite pas au personnel
Pros
Formation et les outils de travail
Cons
La paie
collaborative
colleagues are so nice. They are willing to help me when I have questions. They come back every year. This is my first to work here. But I'm pretty sure, next year I will be back. Also the working hours are so flexible. You can just tell them your available time two weeks in advance, then you are totally okay to work as you like.
Would still be there if no Covid 19
they did not have enough work to pay me due to virus, let about 50% of the staff go and dropped the open hours by over 50% doing everthing they can to save their business
Great seasonal job
Amazing experience always exciting, everyday is different
It’s great helping clients find those extra dollars they deserve

Office management is fantastic, willing to listen and give good work life balance
Good place
Good place but seasonal placement. Salary could be better.They get you to do a course every year but provide no on site trainings. The office is good location and nice clientele.