I attended the tax academy class and finished it with a score of 98. The passing score is 80. In the interview during the class, they told us even you failed the exam they would trying to offer you a position like front desk. But I didn't get a job at last. Less than 30% of the students who passed the exam actually got the job, not me, even though I think 98 is much better than 80. I was told if I want to work for them, I need to take the tax course again in the next year, and there is no guarantee for a job offer after you pass it.
So it's not surprise for me to find so many complaints of their customers, most reasons are related to errors and mistakes they made on client's tax file. They don't care whether the tax they did is right or wrong, they only care about your money, no matter it is paid to your tax or tax courses.
Wasn't hired as it was seasonal position
Apply on line.
1. Tax pro's get hired from the pool of successful students who partake of the H&R Block Tax Academy (first run of classes are in September but there are later Fall choices too). To be a successful student you must pass the course with a minimum 80% grade (everything is open book, even the final exam, so don't fret too much about that % requirement).
2. "Other office staff" would be hired on an as-needed basis. An example would be working at the reception counter / front desk, (a position advertised for in early January). Applications are done by completing an employment application form when dropping off your resume.
Apply at the locale H&R Block office
Taking their level one tax course and passing with an 80% will get you an interview with the District Manager, to become a tax pro.
- If you were in charge, what would you do to make H&R Block a better place to work?6 people answered
- How would you describe the pace of work at H&R Block?6 people answered
- What are the perks offered by H&R Block?6 people answered
- What questions did they ask during your interview at H&R Block?6 people answered
- How often do raises occur at H&R Block?5 people answered
- What is the dress code at H&R Block?5 people answered
- Why would you want to work at H&R Block?5 people answered
- What is the interview process like at H&R Block?5 people answered
- What is the work environment and culture like at H&R Block?5 people answered
- What should you wear to an interview at H&R Block?5 people answered