H&M Employee Review

Retail can be a great experience if you make it one.
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 August 2013
A typical day of work at H&M starts off with a sales advisor meeting where the sales associates are given an update on what store promotions, sales goals, areas of improvement, and store focuses, new trends are for the day. As a part time associate I provide customer service to a wide variety of different customers as well as maintain the cleanliness of the store. The management team at H&M are really great they always listen to what we as employees have to say and going into work as always a positive experience. The co-workers are good people to work with, we all work as one team and constantly help each other out in any way we can. The hardest part of the job would probably be dealing with such a wide variety of different customers with different needs and wants. I learned that patience is a virtue and that if you keep a positive attitude any situation the outcome will most likely be a positive one. I enjoy the fashions that H&M has to offer as well as their free magazine, of which I am complete utter fan for.
Pros
Free H&M magazine, great staff, positive environment
Cons
angry customers

Other H&M Employee Reviews

Do not.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC19 April 2018
The management team is horrible, head office employees have unrealistic views of what you should be doing in the store especially since they never work in the actual retail stores they know nothing! Hours are always being changed, they change your schedule without letting you know, management talks bad about the employees all the time. Seriously, one of the worst management teams I have ever experienced. They override you with work all the time, raises are very hard to achieve no matter how hard you work, theres constant favouritism... no benefits unless your'e a manager... If you decide to work for H&M make sure you're with a good team because it could be tough working here.
Pros
discount
Cons
everything else
Entreprise favorisant le développement personnel
graduate trainee (Former Employee) –  Young, SK17 April 2018
Une culture d'entreprise formidable, des employés ouverts d'esprits et une possibilité d'évoluer et de se développer à l'interne.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at H&M. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K