H&M Employee Reviews

Found 296 reviews matching the search See all 5,237 reviews
Do not recommend
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 November 2018
Bramalea location: I was hired and didnt last 6 months. They don't treat their employees good. Management Is a joke definitely not a great place to work. Wage - minimum. Lack of support from head office. Place is just horrible, they make it known that you are replaceable . celebration - you sometimes get snacks in the summer and around holidays. High turnover rate a few of us that got hired ending up quitting. Good luck to anyone who wants to work here.
Pros
snacks
Cons
overwork
Friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 October 2018
Sometimes it's busy but we had solution working as a team.
picker and packer at H&M
picker call off side (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC21 October 2018
I Enjoyed working with H&M .IT was a good expirence in fields of picking packing and other stuff too.i learned many things from that warehouse like managing the work life .it was really good.
Pros
sometimes pizza party
Cons
use to ignore the problems of employeer
great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC3 October 2018
belle place pour travailler avec de beaux avantages sociaux
Overall pretty good job to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC3 October 2018
overall, a good place to work but it is not made for everybody. you need a strong personality otherwise it gets hard. you have a lot of perks like free food, a relatively good discount in stores, gift cards, friends and family cards and a cool team to work with. management is good and are there when you need help
however, it gets boring. you literally do the same thing every single day
its horrible to clean this store and it is stressful
Pros
free food, good team, easy day offs, perfect job for student, cool managers, in store discount
Cons
low pay for all the work that we do, favouritism, gets boring, stressful depending on the department you work at, late closes sometimes, it gets chaotic
Good
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2018
Overall a very good company to work for. People are very supportive cooperative. Work life balance needs to be improved for staff at store level. Not enough weekends off for staff to spend time with kids and family.
Typical Retail Job
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 September 2018
Management will either love or dislike you
Favourites are known
Managers never back up the associate when it comes to disputes with customers, especially when it has to do with company policy
Pros
Co-workers become family in time being
Cons
Long closes
Implements work/life balance
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  National Capital Region23 September 2018
This is a company where they embrace cultural diversity. They are also value centered and very goal oriented. Management really pushes you to enhance and develop your skills and knowledge. I believe it's the only retail company in the Philippines who implements 2 rest days in a week.
Pros
Wear your personality, 2 rest days, no discrimination, fun culture, room for growth
Enjoyable
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS20 September 2018
Good environment to work in, not the greatest fan of the people, found them judgemental and criticizing, the job is enjoyable and easy and the company is extremely good to their employees
Pros
discount
Cons
hours
Store and Area management is awful
Visual Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK18 September 2018
I was repeatedly promised a promotion while I was already doing all of the tasks and carrying the responsibilities of the position I was to be promoted to. My promotion was put off over and over again until I finally quit after four months of empty promises and mistreatment by management. There are managers at the location I was previously employed by who have been with the company for many years and take advantage of all other employees who are new to the company. They make their own rules and bring their personal problems with them to work. With this being said I think this would be a great place to work part-time for a student.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Terrible management
Unprofessional management.
Vendeur-Conseil (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 September 2018
Worst management, ever.
unprofessional, favoritism, underpaid, overworked, asked to do management tasks but not paid for it, unstable management, lies about growth opportunity.

however, there's a very good team spirit and flexible for a student job.
Cons
non-professional management.
An amazing experience, would love to work for the company again
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 September 2018
This job was an amazing experience and I enjoyed it a lot. Management was so amazing and they really engaged with their associates. Managers worked on the floor a lot and helped associates all the time. I stared off as a sales associate and was trained in the fitting room, on cash and also stock trained which I loved doing. The hardest part of the job was being able to work so much, I was always thrown in to do 8 hour shifts that started at 8am and sometimes would work for 6 days straight.
Not Worth It
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK23 August 2018
I’ve been working at H&M for only five months now, and I’ve had so many negative experiences. The management is awful, especially at our store. We’re brand new, and already 15 people have quit due to the horrible atmosphere. I can’t book time off because our scheduling website almost never works, and I’m always the one who gets punished for it (regardless of how many emails I send to management). Department heads don’t care about their departments, let alone the other employees, and the entire store is a nightmare. Wages aren’t competitive, and unless you’re working overtime every single week, they’re not livable either. Unless you’re desperate, I would not suggest working here.
Pros
You get paid
Cons
Literally everything else
Fun
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 August 2018
Learned how to deal with people and how to deal with difficult people. I learned how to prioritize the difference between need and want. I also leanred organizational skills
Possibilité d’avancer
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC13 August 2018
Possibilité d’avancement, réorganisation de carrière et sens de l’équité
Pros
Formation en ligne rémunérée
Cons
Horaire instable
Bien
Vendeur (Former Employee) –  Surrey28 July 2018
Bonne entreprise, Bonne synergie entre les employés.
Sales Advisor
SALES ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 July 2018
This is great for part-time students or people who are looking for a second job. Very flexible and accommodating. You get to meet a lot of people that become friends for life and you learn a lot about yourself and your limits.
Pros
Learn a lot of customer service skills, leadership skills, organization skills and communication skills.
Cons
Favoritism, short hour shifts you're new, very busy and fast passe.
Always busy so time flies.
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 July 2018
The job itself wasn't bad at all, but the people I worked with always gossiped started nasty rumers about each other and were always rude and impatient with customers. The people who worked there longest would gang up on the new employees and treat them with no respect. Management was poor because all of this drama was happening right under their noses and some of the managers were the cause of the problem by picking sides of the employees that were there longer out of loyalty.
Please keep in mind that this was 9 years ago, so I'm sure things much have changed since then.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Terrible atmosphere for the new employees.
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 July 2018
retail is retail, but with H&M its a high volume high demand store. Calls will be flying in, truck orders will be large and customers will always be a little lacking in understanding. But that's retail. I had a very good experience initially with H&M had great hours and worked every weekend. Once off season came it changed to be a bit more of a ghost town in the store and on my schedule, getting my yearly review was never done and management was changing a lot which did cause a lot of scheduling issues and inconsistencies. I do believe it is a great company to work for and actually does have a lot of opportunities to grow within the company which typically is just a nice idea thrown at you by head office but is actually enacted upon with H&M so thats pretty cool. Anyways if you like retail go for it
Pros
Yearly Gift Card (Bonus)
Cons
weekend work
fun
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 June 2018
good place to start out for retail, lots of chances to move around not the best management but fun if you're looking for a chill place to work in retail

Ask a question about working or interviewing at H&M. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K