Here to help
Coronavirus update

H&M Employee Reviews

Canada441 reviews
My experience has been on the positive side. Each hour you are assigned a different station, such as cash, or fitting rooms, or the floor - and this really helps with getting bored or burnt-out. You can also be scheduled for a truck shift, where you process incoming garments, and for this you are in the back - sometimes though, they ask you to come out onto the floor to 'support' which is really annoying. I recommend making friends with your coworkers as soon as possible. If not, you will be left out of 'the loop' and work will be boring and miserable. One of the only saving graces of working there are the friends I get to see. Management sucked when I first started, hours all over the place, disorganized, some people flat out rude. However, things are getting better and I hope that hours will be more balanced and I will feel like I can actually talk to management about any issues/concerns I have.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, Fair breaks
Cons
Long hours BUT only for certain employees, disorganized
Easy to get along with everyone working there, including management. if you work good and efficiently it is very easy to move up into the company. Fun and collaborative place of work.
il y a bonne flexibilité d'heures pour un étudiant. Doit savoir travailler rapidement.
I’ve been working at H&M since September 2019 and I absolutely love it! Everyone Is so friendly and helpful, it’s a fun and easy place to work, and it’s very relaxed. There’s also lots of room to learn and grow/advance. The only downside is there’s not a lot of hours for part timers (most I’ve gotten is about 25 hours in a week, but I typically only get about 12) its also very easygoing and management isn’t very understanding
I was a good experience working with H&M. I have worked as a warehouse associate in order picking and packaging. I done other works althere warehouse
Good environment, a lot of difference roles to choose from, good benefits. Only drawback is that they have a so called system of employee development that is just to fill up HR files. If the company needs something done and you fit in there by chance then it is regarded as your development even it had nothing to do with what you wanted or what you had been working towards in collaboration with your Manager as part of your development.
benefits
Cons
low salary, fake development program
I have started last year it is my best experience to work with nice And friendly environment. Management is very good with all employees Understanding,problem solving....thanks h&m
Pros
Improved my skills of customer service, knowledge gained in terms of fashion and customers need.
H&M has amazing co-workers, but the management is not well ran. All the management does is tell the workers what they are doing wrong and sit in the office and don't help out their staff. This is very active job and you are always doing something.
I started working here in the summer and ended when my school did. It was an awesome place to work. If you can bear customer service and handle people really well I highly recommend it. They just had the one of the funnest work places.
workers are very friendly, managers are super kind and understanding.
Very friendly staff. The management team is great and always there to help and support. They are very flexible with scheduling and are very understanding of priorities.
Everyone I have worked with has been very nice. Sometimes management can be disorganized. You're pushed to work really hard and that's wonderful motivation but somethings are out of the worker's control, which can be hard to work with. Sometimes not enough workers are scheduled which puts extreme pressure on workers to do well as management says their management needs to crack down on the workers who are doing their best. Overall, a nice place to work, just wish there was more help sometimes.
H&M has a competitive environment for employees. The job role, description and duties were clearly defined. The most enjoyable part was that senior managers and supervisors were always very positive and helpful. They provided a great environment for development and growth.
I would go into my shift and work a truck a shift. It wasn't guaranteed hours and they were flexible because we didn't know how long the truck shipments would be. It was amazing when I first got hired on with the managers in 2017 that lead the store. I chose to relocate for the store, and when new management came in, i noticed a change in environment. Alot of people left and resigned. There wasn't enough floor coverage and the store was messy. We were getting threatened to get written up when the truck daily's didn't add up. But customer service was good and i loved working cash.
Pros
lunches, snacks
Cons
low staff, high maintenance.
Overall, I’ve had a great experience working at H&M and have been given opportunities for advancement. For anyone interested in working retail -this is a great company to start with. As with all fast fashion corporations there are pros and cons but in general H&M takes care of their employees and the management team is very proactive in getting all staff involved.
Worked there for two years with no raise. I suffered discrimination from the management team in my second year there to the point where I had to quit. It can get stressful working there on busy days but if you like fast-pace then the job is for you.
les journées passer tellement vite et c'était très amusant
Its a great enviroment that promotes growth but with people always willing to help. You are never in the same place long so it doesn't ever get boring.
J’ai beaucoup appris avec eux c’était une très bonne expérience je recommande
I worked here for 2.5 years, was constantly promised promotions and worked OT for them, never got them. I did a ridiculous amount of visual merchandising work for them for the entirety of my time there unpaid and uncompensated- I did this all on the promise that I would move up. When asked and suggested we put this in writing, I was ignored. If I didn't do the merchandising tasks assigned to me without pay, my hours suffered. I proved myself and worked hard consistently, but head office at this company is unorganized, disrespectful of your time, and Their slogan is Great Place to Work-untrue.
A typical day at any H&M (not just my location) was being expected to do multiple things on multiple floors because we were constantly understaffed due to poor managerial planning. This seemed the case at every location in Toronto.

I do not and would not EVER recommend anyone looking for work to apply here.
Cons
Terrible management
Working in the Mens/Divided department of H&M at the Georgian Mall means you're most likely going to be working alone, as it's on the floor beneath the Hennes department. It has its positives and negatives; there's plenty of work to keep you busy but long stretches of working all alone can give you flashbacks of Cast Away.
Part of working alone for years in the Divided department helped teach me time management, as I was essentially responsible for an entire floor. A closing shift meant that I had to maintain the image of the store, engage customers in a helpful and friendly way, and juggle closing cash registers in a timely manner.