H&M Employee Reviews

good place
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON16 May 2018
people are friendly. Teach me everything that i needed to know for the job. it is a very clean and comfortable place to work at. sometimes the work can be a lot but you will just get used to it.
Great team to work with!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 May 2018
Big chain retail can be not much fun, but at H&M we had a fantastic team of managers and employees that made the job a great place to be! The lunchroom was a lot of fun to hang out in, and the managers became our friends. Everyone was a helping hand, and made the busy hours easier.
Pros
Free pizza lunches upon meeting sales goals
Cons
some early hours when on truck shifts
An enjoyable place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON1 May 2018
Working at H&M has given me a huge amount of experience for being my first job. The best part of going to work was seeing all the friendly faces that were my co-workers and managers. I learned how to work at a fast pace, communicate with both customers and the people I was working with and how to get things done efficiently. The hardest part of this job was being on your feet walking the entire shift, as well as the hours not being as flexible as I would have liked them to be. Overall, working at H&M was an incredible experience and one that I will never forget. I love everyone who worked and works there, and really did consider us a big family.
Pros
-Positive environment
Cons
-On your feet a lot
3 floors consisting of 3 micro managers..
Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2018
Staff got along
How to hang 35 shirts in under a minute- Laundry is a breeze now
Management was not that great out of 10 I enjoyed 2. Those 2 managers taught me a lot and were a big part in me staying as long as I did.
Very Fast Paced, I did enjoy the flow, every hour we would be assigned to something different which made it fun, for example : from 1:00pm-2:00pm I would be a cashier and from 2:00pm-3:00pm i would be in the fitting room. It made the time go by faster
The hardest part was clean up at the end of the day- H&M eaton centre I am sure you can imagine the amount of clothes we had to put back
Pros
free lunches
h&m
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 April 2018
Good place to work for the most part. Has ups and downs like most places. More room for advancement if you will move. Someone is willing to listen when you have a problem
Pros
Good wage
Cons
Less work life and home life balance
Probably just our store
SALES COACH (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC26 April 2018
The management at this location can be difficult, especially because of the tight-knit workplace environment. A lot of gossip goes on, though it is possible to stay out of it but not easy. It's tough to bring issues to the attention of the management team because often they enable the problems.
The location is busy which means that depending on your availability you will be scheduled as much as you'd like, it is easy to pick up shifts and they do listen to your scheduling preferences. It is also easy to get your shifts covered or book days off in my experience.
the hardest part of the job boils down to time management and dealing with the less favorable customers, the best part of the job is also the kinder customers and when you really get along with your coworkers it's a positive environment.
Pros
snacks sometimes, easy shift changes/ coverages/ availability changing
Cons
shifts get extended, management issues
Overall good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 April 2018
Its been a while since I have worked at H&M, and things may have changed, but overall it was good. Retail is for certain people, and Its a good place to start for a first job.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 April 2018
Nice place to work at, and a lot of great and friendly people. Typical day is very straightforward and easy you have a daily and follow it, it tells you everything you'll be doing for the day. Management is alright just like any place, just get on their good side and you're fine.
Do not.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC19 April 2018
The management team is horrible, head office employees have unrealistic views of what you should be doing in the store especially since they never work in the actual retail stores they know nothing! Hours are always being changed, they change your schedule without letting you know, management talks bad about the employees all the time. Seriously, one of the worst management teams I have ever experienced. They override you with work all the time, raises are very hard to achieve no matter how hard you work, theres constant favouritism... no benefits unless your'e a manager... If you decide to work for H&M make sure you're with a good team because it could be tough working here.
Pros
discount
Cons
everything else
Entreprise favorisant le développement personnel
graduate trainee (Former Employee) –  Young, SK17 April 2018
Une culture d'entreprise formidable, des employés ouverts d'esprits et une possibilité d'évoluer et de se développer à l'interne.
Huge workload and responsibility
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 April 2018
The workload does not match up with the salary. Upper management who are not in store are disconnected and unreachable when issues arise. Expected to work overtime to get your responsibilites done but will not pay overtime or give you the time back.
Not a great place to work... although they will tell you it is.
Pros
Benifits are good
Cons
Area management is not good, Expectations are unrealistic, The job description does not accurately reflect the job, No overtime pay, Expected to work overtime
critique & coupure
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC13 April 2018
ils veulent qu'on coupe dans le budget, coupe les heures, coupe les employés. En gros coupé dans la motivation du staff. Sauf qui faut etre plus rapide, plus productif, plus vendeur, plus tout. Le bureau appel pour savoir pourquoi tu n'as pas rentrer ta semaine ou pour critiquer ta vitrine ou savoir pourquoi ton horaire est pas sortie. Mais jamais pour te dire bravo belle semaine, wow ta vitrine est belle ou juste un lache pas.. Ca vient en magasin avec des ipads font le tour du magasin en critiquant tout, font une liste de choses a arranger pour la semaine prochaine, sans te donner des idees ou des conseils, passe 1 heure au telephone dans le bureau et partent. Gros team work.

C'est important pour eux d'avoir l'air great place to work. Facade ! favoristime, mensonges, fausses promesses, hypocrisie. Voila la vrai realite du bureau chef.

Rendu department manager il n'y a plus d'avancement, ta beau etre la meilleure tu reste department manager car on oublie leur 5 qualités plus haut.

travaille tous les weekend et 3 closes semaine. oublie melanger ta vie personelle et proffessionnelle. une vie t'en a plus.
Pros
ton equipe en magasin
Cons
avancement, bureau chef, jamais conge
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON12 April 2018
The only thing that really sucks is that staying late to close but that comes with the job, so its not the companies fault. Besides that, it was a really great place to work and I loved everyone who was that.
Cons
Late close
working at H&M
Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ON9 April 2018
my time at H&M was a great learning experience for me. I learned a lot about time management and managing my employees. I really enjoyed working for this company.
Challenging and fun!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON6 April 2018
I love my team members. The job is fun and challenging considering you never know what to expect during the day. You learn a lot about patience and customer service.
fun workplace
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON5 April 2018
busy days
learned a lot about the company
rotate functions every hour
good management, very understanding
very friendly environment
very diverse workplace
Environnement agréable
Commis vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC4 April 2018
Placer les vêtements avant l'ouverture du magasin;
Service à la clientèle;
Responsable des caisses;
Fermeture du magasin.
Productive and fun work environment
Part time sales associate (Former Employee) –  Cookstown, ON2 April 2018
Managers and co workers contributed to an enjoyable work environment. Good pay for a retail job! Plenty of opportunities for growth within the company.
Kind of boring
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 March 2018
Mostly you're there just to clean up after kids and messy parents. Pay isn't anything special and my managers weren't the best. No real room for growth or pay raise. Good for a first job.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Boring
every thing related to transport
Transport Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 March 2018
i have been working for the same company for past 8 years
just not enough work available so i am looking for new job
overall its sa very nice place to work
Pros
good work
Cons
not enough work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at H&M. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K