H&K International Employee Reviews

Poor and bullying management
Bilingual Administrator (Former Employee) –  Rugby9 April 2019
the first 5 months were ok, the colleagues were nice. However, there are no opportunities for progression and the job is very repetitive. It’s a toxic work environment and culture with a high turn over of staff. The management treat you like children, timing your breaks. If you bring anything up to try and improve the situation they will let you go.
Pros
Colleagues were nice and pay was ok - not worth the stress though.
Cons
Toxic management, pay deductions for hospital appointments, no progression.
Very family oriented
Administrative Assistant/ Survey coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TX23 January 2019
Very nice working environment, with a lot of nice people. There are no benefits or paid time off for the temps. I have been here for 3 years as a temp myself, but overall a very nice place to work.
Pros
great environment
Cons
no benefits
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Shipment Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Luis Potosí, S. L. P.26 November 2018
Empresa local 100% Potosina, excelente trato y prestaciones a sus empleados.
Pros
Ambiente Laboral
Cons
Poca oportunidad de crecimiento
Traditional management style
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dublin11 November 2018
Lots of routine work without stress but also without excitement. Easy learning about all processes of business, from procurement, through logistics, finance, sales and customer service. Positive and very knowledgeable people all around. Lot of them seem to be underrated. Hardest part is unpredictable work flow, sometimes too much and sometimes very quite. There are always opportunities to do extra and get involved and new projects and responsibilities, but unfortunately it is on your own time and without much recognition.
Pros
Low stress environment
Cons
low growth, little flexibility
Stressfull and chaotic
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TX22 October 2018
Management does not get involved or listen to employees feedback. Everyday the course of how something gets done changes and everytime the employee will be wrong.
Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TX12 April 2018
I was only an intern here for part of the summer, but the company seemed very laid back and easy going. I was able to do most stuff that I wanted to at H&K.
Productive and fun (Listen to music while working)
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Aurora, IL27 March 2018
Great place to work. Very relaxed management but the salary is high but nor high enough to cover my expenses. Very friendly and diverse coworkers . Job requires very long hours of standing
Cons
Smoking break allowed
Great work place
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TX10 February 2018
I really enjoy working at H&K. I have learned a lot working for this company. I have met some wonderful people work for this company. I would recommend a friend to work here.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Very hot in summer
Good place to work and friendly people
Field Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TX12 January 2018
Loved everything about this job. Just needed a little more money. The people were very helpful and everyone is so nice. They really care about their customers and employees.
Pros
fun and friendly environment
Cons
productive and fun workplace.
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX3 October 2017
H &K is a productive and fun workplace. I did't like that you have to be a temp for a years plus to get on with the company. they are salary so at time you will have to work long hours.
Great People to Work With
Executive Assistant to the President-Americas (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TX19 September 2017
Very busy international company with very busy managers and executives. Non-stop working environment dealing with internal and external customers. The work environment can be stressful at times but the employees make the best of the situation and seem to really care about one another.
Family like atmosphere among employees
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TX28 August 2017
Fast pace and very detailed work. Better training should and needs to be set in place for new employees. Instead you have to rely on other employees on your team to teach you while they are trying to handle their own workload. Don't allow management to place you in a situation that requires a lot from you because if you are unable to perform or fulfill those duties your job will be at risk. However; you have great and supportive team members that you grow great relationships with who are there to help as much as possible.
Pros
family like atmosphere
Cons
Training process
Very challenging and long hours
Controller (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TX2 August 2017
Extremely detailed management and very challenging. Expect long hours and to be held accountable. Compensation will be what you start at with minimal raises.
Excellent
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin19 January 2017
Although i only worked a full day at a time on different occasions the atmosphere was very good and good pay. Nice management and employee's.
Great Work environment
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TX14 November 2016
Great work environment, lots of friendly and professional people. Room for promotions. The environment and culture makes you really love your job.
Buy-out for Burger King, Subway and some McDonalds
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TX14 September 2016
I enjoyed this company very much. I wished I had never left the company. I was laid off with half of the company.
I ran daily reports for equipment that was needed. I also ordered, processed and dealt with incomplete or damaged material that arrived.
Short assignment
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TX30 August 2016
Very quaint environment. Managers weren't very personable. Work load was consistent but not across the board. Lots of spare time to study.
n/a
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TX4 August 2016
This company has allowed me to work in various departments and learn many things. Hardest part of my job is not being recognized for being a great hard worker.
Great Company to work for
McDonald's Sales-Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX14 January 2016
great company to work for. Very understanding when it comes to sick children and flexible with hours. Business casual and great people to work with
Busy & Productive
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D1 August 2015
Fast expanding company and so, very busy.
I was given a lot of responsibility. I appreciated their faith in me given how inexperienced I was. But I am capable of learning fast.
Global markets and so had to deal with several currencies.
While I was based in Dublin - half of the accounts team were based in the UK. We needed to be organised and efficient to make that work therefore.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
based in Dublin, expensive to live there!