H&K International

H&K International Employee Reviews

Nice place to work. Management believes in providing right tools and required training to employees for work. Very structured workflow. No one is too busy to help others. Great management.
Para los que están acostumbrados a trabaajar, es una buena experiencia en general
I loved my time in H&K, commute was bad, workload was very high volume, I left because I got a job nearer home, I loved all the events we had throughout the year
High demand place!
Quality stuff!

Good Health and Safety policy

Good work equipment

Friendly team workers

Very good pay rate

Good management organization
Constant business to be take care of. I learn something new almost daily. There is upper management and middle management. The culture - they acknowledge birthdays and Holidays by decorating. In the position I am in the hardest part is keeping up with the changes. The people.
H&K is a decent place to work, however there is zero advancement opportunities and the pay is low across the boards.

In short if you are in desperate need of a job it will be ok, if you want to build a career or your skills and get decent pay, this isn't the place for you.
Pros
Clean building, friendly coworkers
Cons
Low pay, greedy upper management, no raises, expensive benefits
Expected too much work for very little pay.
Very little or no training, you are pretty much left to figure it out on your own to either sink or swim.

This was a very stressful job, duplicate processes which were a waste of time.
This company tries very hard to have fun and really is a reward driven place; however, the turnover rate is INSANE. The average tenure is about 2 years TOP, but most of the employees are there one day and "No longer with H&K" for some crazy reason. I am sure that they must pay a lot in Unemployment and in law suits for terminating people for illegal reasons.
Pros
Free food from time to time.
Cons
High turnover rate, fake nice people. Do not trust anyone.
Not much advancement for women. Not much help.. when work overloads you are pretty much told to deal with it. Corporate uptight atmosphere, very email heavy company.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at H&K International?
I had good time working there was one of the best manufacturing shops around back in the day was a bunch of great guys to work with had real good owners back in the day when the company first got started ..i believe its still a good place i hadnt work there in some yrs
H&K was a decent place with good managers. Work hours were driven by customer needs and they had demanding customers. It wasn't a bad place to work but ultimately not my favorite.
the first 5 months were ok, the colleagues were nice. However, there are no opportunities for progression and the job is very repetitive. It’s a toxic work environment and culture with a high turn over of staff. The management treat you like children, timing your breaks. If you bring anything up to try and improve the situation they will let you go.
Pros
Colleagues were nice and pay was ok - not worth the stress though.
Cons
Toxic management, pay deductions for hospital appointments, no progression.
Very nice working environment, with a lot of nice people. There are no benefits or paid time off for the temps. I have been here for 3 years as a temp myself, but overall a very nice place to work.
Pros
great environment
Cons
no benefits
Empresa local 100% Potosina, excelente trato y prestaciones a sus empleados.
Pros
Ambiente Laboral
Cons
Poca oportunidad de crecimiento
Lots of routine work without stress but also without excitement. Easy learning about all processes of business, from procurement, through logistics, finance, sales and customer service. Positive and very knowledgeable people all around. Lot of them seem to be underrated. Hardest part is unpredictable work flow, sometimes too much and sometimes very quite. There are always opportunities to do extra and get involved and new projects and responsibilities, but unfortunately it is on your own time and without much recognition.
Pros
Low stress environment
Cons
low growth, little flexibility
Management does not get involved or listen to employees feedback. Everyday the course of how something gets done changes and everytime the employee will be wrong.
I was only an intern here for part of the summer, but the company seemed very laid back and easy going. I was able to do most stuff that I wanted to at H&K.
Great place to work. Very relaxed management but the salary is high but nor high enough to cover my expenses. Very friendly and diverse coworkers . Job requires very long hours of standing
Cons
Smoking break allowed
I really enjoy working at H&K. I have learned a lot working for this company. I have met some wonderful people work for this company. I would recommend a friend to work here.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Very hot in summer
Loved everything about this job. Just needed a little more money. The people were very helpful and everyone is so nice. They really care about their customers and employees.
Pros
fun and friendly environment
Cons
H &K is a productive and fun workplace. I did't like that you have to be a temp for a years plus to get on with the company. they are salary so at time you will have to work long hours.