Gyrodata Employee Reviews

Supervisor and Employees
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX29 March 2019
During the time I was employee by this company, I was harassed by the group leader, the employees and the supervisor that I worked in the department, and besides the Human resources did not believe me anything I did said to them even do I had recorder everything in my cell phone.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Like to be watch like a dog
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Midland, TX24 January 2019
Good environment good staff great management to work for good overtime hours great benefits worksdays go by quick if you keep buisy.good start off oilfield job
Oil prices killed it for many employees.
Technician II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX17 April 2018
Great place to work. I enjoyed the culture of gyrodata. Not much room for advancing because of the price of oil. I made many friendships while working there.
Pros
Lots of free food.
Cons
Raises
Good Benefits
Survey Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX18 February 2018
I have a rotation schedule and they have good benefits. Easy to use tools and operating program. Communication is ok but could be improved. Also there is guaranteed time off pay.
Decent pay for the work that is completed
Field Survey Engineer (Current Employee) –  United States13 November 2017
Poor management lack of work schedule, lack of coworker camaraderie, most of the employees only look out for themselves. This is probably due to the fact management threatens the workforce with constant write ups
Incredible Stressful yet rewarding job
LEAD MWD ENGINEER III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX27 September 2017
Long 12 hour towers in stressful situations while running and steering drilling rigs in North Dakota, Texas, and Colorado. Trained and operated employees on how to run our 500,000 MWD tool and computer programs.
Operations Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  Saudi Arabia10 July 2017
I've learned a lot and gained experience as an administrator in the company. It is a best company to work with including my co-workers and a good company management as well. It boost and develops my knowledge when finding a solution to a problem. It is easy to work with my colleagues.
Horrible company that think they are the big dogs
Survey Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX9 July 2017
Absolutely no schedule; got field hands working 60/70 days straight with about 4 days off in the midland district. Tools are junk and have to be picked up and dropped off at the shop by field hands on the rig because gyrodata is too cheap to pay for trucking. Endless paperwork to be filled out and sent in daily. Burned out personnel with no professionalism whatsoever. Management doesn't care if you can't work with someone they just want bodies on the job. Pay is average and no company vehicles. CEO has pushed out the original owners and has never worked in the oilfield.
Cons
No time off or schedule
They suck
District Well Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX8 July 2017
Gyrodata was an amazing company from birth to 2014. It actually started going downhill when they built there own building and from 2016 till now it's not worth a darn.
Pros
Cons
They are still in business
over worked under paid
Field Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Casper, WY15 April 2017
I worked on my own for 16-18 hours a day and was told I could not get a motel after working 3 days straight and sleeping in a pickup. No advancement was ever offered.
Warehouse supervisor (Current Employee) –  Abu Dhabi7 March 2017
To work in an excellent and competitive environment to accomplish in rising outstanding ideas and organizing & coming up with new strategies & functions to achieve improved operating efficiency internally and improve cash flow for an organization as a whole.
Excellent Work place, great pay and terrific people!
MWD Field Engineer Trainee (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK27 February 2017
Former MWD trainee, given a chance and laid off due to low oil prices and unfortunate and unavoidable downsizing. The hours are long, especially for a field hand but that's the industry. Excellent coordinators and upper management. Terrific career!
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Employee Moral and Team Building
Cons
Continued changes to company job reports that seemed unnecessary
overworked
SENIOR WIRELINE HAND (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK21 November 2016
upper management makes decision for laid off, not the local management. Lets personal feelings be the judge, doesn't matter if you have more skills then others.
Poor
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Casper, WY19 August 2016
I did not have a good experience while employed at this company at all and I was not properly trained, communication, organization and support were poor at best.
agradable
Ingeniero Técnico de Registro (GYROS, GEMS, MWD) (Former Employee) –  Ciudad Ojeda, Zulia18 August 2016
aprendí a crecer como profesional y adquirí muchos conocimiento buen ambiente de trabajo.
Pros
seguro de vida entre otros
Cons
poco tiempo libre
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX11 August 2016
Worked with highly talented people in a very pleasant environment. There was no problem acquiring R&D equipment as needed. It was a pleasure to go to work.
Pros
Great people, great equipment.
Interesting place to work. Specializes in high accuracy oilfield instrumentation.
MWD Manager (Former Employee) –  Houma, LA3 July 2016
Prior to the massive decline in the energy sector, Gyrodata was a fun place to work. The work is interesting, and the people are friendly.

The facility is top notch, with a work out room, and two nice dining areas. Most of the shop is air conditioned.

Many of the employees work in the field, on a rotating schedule.

Gyrodata is a privately held company, the management recently underwent a big change, with most of the original management retiring.

The hardest part of my job was laying off good people when the energy industry crashed (2015-16). Most of the people I had to lay off were hard workers, and good employees.

The best part of working at Gyrodata was the other employees, most of which are hardworking friendly people.
Pros
good healthcare, nice facility, friendly people
Cons
energy industry has crashed
No Advancement
Wireline Operator (Current Employee) –  Casper, WY29 April 2016
This company promises a lot while disappointing you again and again. They say advancement is available, company vehicles can be had with said advancement and raises can be had. After several years there, still hadn't seen any of that. You live on call 365 days a year and there is no schedule. They don't pay you for that oncall though because and I quote " you are not restricted" even though you are. I wouldn't recommend working there at all. But if your thing is long hours, no off time, and getting led on and treated like excrimant, it's the place for you.
Great Work Environment
EM/MWD Technician, Dec (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX29 March 2016
A typical day consists of a production meeting in the morning where we map out everyone's agenda and workload for the day. Employees all get along with each other and more than willing to help one another out. In my time with Gyrodata, I've gained more experience multi-tasking and covering every aspect of my department alone. I've also acquired the tendency to focus on the small details that could lead to big problems. The best part of working for Gyrodata is the core of guys we have in our department. We all strive to do our best at our jobs and we are there for each other no matter what. Management is also an advantage here. They are willing to work with you if you have something personal to tend to and they aren't staring over our shoulders, waiting to crack down us. This causes for a stress free, high morale work environment.
Pros
High morale, great coworkers
Cons
Slow work, not enough hours to work
Good workplace, minus the slowed oilfield production
Field Survey Specialist (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX23 February 2016
Gyrodata is a good company, good payscale, with the opportunity for advancement. However, with the oilfield slowing significantly over the past 2 yrs. jobs are hard to keep.
Pros
per diem
Cons
on call 24 hrs a day