Gymboree Corporation Employee Reviews

Fun to be around kids all day.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC27 March 2018
On a everyday basis I would help customers, work on the cashier and sometimes unload new stock. The most enjoyable part of the job. has to be the management and the kids. The only issue with the job is the lack of hours and opportunities.
Pros
Enjoyable.
Cons
Lack of hours.
sale
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS20 February 2018
learned to deal with different type of people in different ages , and respect them and accept their opinion.
The hardest part of the job when you have co worker works only for money never care about people and you have to fix every thing after them because, we are working to reach on goal.
fun workplace
Retail Sales Lead / Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON20 February 2018
fun place to work, they say they prefer to hire management within the company ,but, they seem to hire outside instead, good team members.good training
Productive and fun work environment.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON1 February 2018
The Gymboree is a very well respected brand and well liked. Customers from all backgrounds and ages enjoy their shopping experience with Gymboree. We pride ourselves on great customer service.
productive work place
Preformed cashier work (Former Employee) –  North York, ON12 December 2017
It was my pleasure working with this company , everyone was friendly over there and i really gained a huge experience . they were very organized and the system over there was easy to work with
Fun and fat paced.
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 October 2017
I loved almost everything.
excellent team, support and growth in my career.
I had an amazing team and I represented a fantastic product.
I truly am thankful for everything.
Company on its way down
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario7 September 2017
Company used to be great then it went downhill when headoffice screwed up managing the company and expected the store front employee to make things better again. Doesnt value their employee, favoritism and micromanaging over worked. They talk about work/life balance but theres none. Handling boxes all over the place. Constant change on promotions too easy to tell stores to do it because they never do the hardwork. Doesnt give you enough payroll but expect everything to be done without much payroll. The culture is very negative in a way you never heard good things.
The only most enjoyable part working in there is the kids.
Pros
Good benefit coz you gonna need it believed me
Cons
Constant signage change, long hours, not enough payroll
Love the clothing and childrens enviroment, hated the management
Leader on duty / Key holder (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 September 2017
I would say it is a great place to work if you only want 3 hours a week and you can deal with the management always on personal calls and never actually helping out around the store.
Pros
Adorable and fun enviroment
Cons
management
Had a lot of issues
Sales Lead/Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 August 2017
I had a lot of issues working with Gymboree. The management allowed rumours to be spread about me that ultimately cost me my job, and didn't take disciplinary action against the person spreading the rumours. I would not suggest working there.
Use to be better
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Confidential18 August 2017
Overworked and under paid. The customers are great. You get to see beautiful children every day and have fun with them. Head office and upper management expect too much for the hours that are allowed.
Pros
Great Customers
Cons
Upper Management
The standards are at par with international standards.
Music, Play and Arts Class Teacher (Former Employee) –  Philippines17 August 2017
I have been in this company for 3 years and I have enjoyed most of my stay here. There is a warm and friendly feel in the environment of this company.

Teachers are well-trained both in the teaching and service side. They make sure that they deliver their tasks accordingly.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 August 2017
the management was very poor. there was no direction and could not get everything done due to the lack of organization of the management. They change their clothing to often so customers or staff can never get used to the store.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
Poor managment
Great retail experience!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON16 June 2017
Fun, fast-paced children's apparel shop with high-end, quality products. Good experience for students and people new to the retail industry, as the management gives clear instructions and exposure to a variety of sales tasks.
Gymboree
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS4 June 2017
my typical work day working at gymboree would consider of meeting new parents and babys and helping them shop for family and friends.
the hardest part of my job would have to be inventory
most enjoyable part is playing with the children
Pros
playing with babys
Cons
not enough hours
ok workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON14 May 2017
I've been working a Gymboree for a few months and it's an okay job. The thing I dislike about working there is when there is 2 employees and one of them has to go on break leaving one person alone in the store. It can get a bit frustrating especially since you can't check the back for products or assist other customers because you're on cash. The management and employees are really friendly and are easy going.
Cons
small store, busy store
Gymboree
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC28 April 2017
building planograms, which is the set up of the store at night. must be sure to acknowledge every customer that comes in and try and add onto their bill. atleast youre surrounded by lots of cute clothes and the occasional baby. warning the video that plays is on repeat, same with the music as it is company approved. Gets a little much after a while
Pros
Discount on clothing
Fast Paced Environment But a Great Time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 April 2017
Working at Gymboree, was an amazing starters experience for myself, I got to learn alot of hands on skills and upgrade my skills to being more profficient and fast paced.
Sales
Customer Service - Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON26 March 2017
Nice and friendly place to work. Flexible schedule and a collaborative work culture. Night extra hours needed to organized the store when season changes
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON26 March 2017
Day to day I would engage closely with the customers. Often building customer-employee relationships with our regulars and completing transactions. Sales goals were important and it was important to optimize our current weeks sales over the previous weeks sales. A big part of the job, and perhaps one of my favourite parts was merchandizing. It was important that the product was displayed properly and maintained throughout the day. Lastly, of course was keeping the store clean and tidy. Gymboree was a relaxed but productive environment to work in.
fun place to work in
SELLING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Rocky View, AB23 March 2017
Opened and closed the store
Cleaned and organize the store
Give great customer service
Count registers
Trained new hires
Receive shipments
Staff were friendly and made work enjoyable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gymboree Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.