Gymalaya Newmarket Employee Reviews

4.4Pay & Benefits
4.6Job Security & Advancement
Previous Gymalaya Employee
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Newmarket10 December 2019
Previously worked at Gymalaya Newmarket. Great place to work. Gymalaya offers flexible hours (mornings, evenings, weekends) and co workers are so fun to be around. Management is easy to talk to and very understanding. If you love working with kids, have high energy then this would be a a fun job for you. Gymalaya provides all training and ensures you feel comfortable in your position. Weekends are classes and birthday parties which are super fun for kids and the coaches.
Productive and fun work place with lots of appreciation.
Gymnastics Coach (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON5 December 2019
I work as a Full-Time employee. I really enjoy working here. The coaches are great and it is such a wonderful team atmosphere. You work directly with children, the relationships that are created with your athletes is lifelong. The Management team is always very kind and their doors are always open to talk if needed. Training is always provided and I would highly recommend working here.
Fun place to work
Gymnastic Coach (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON5 December 2019
I have worked for Gymalaya Newmarket for a few years and enjoyed it very much. The environment was friendly. I liked the flexibility of hours and a support that I got from management and senior coaches.
Fun place to work
Gymnastics Coach (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON4 December 2019
I enjoy working at Gymalaya. This is a fun environment. I got to be around kids. All the people and co-workers are very nice. The typical shift is 4-5 hours. The management is great at assigning shifts and creating schedules based on the needs as well as our training and development.
Fun work with a focus on customer satisfaction.
Recreational Gymnastics Coach (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON6 July 2019
The work here is physically demanding but really fun if you enjoy working with children. The layout of classes is consistent and easy to understand and straightforward once you get comfortable.

The facility's focus on customer satisfaction and support is impressive. Providing families with "full serve" birthday parties where the staff will decorate the party room, serve food, cut cake, and clean up in order to make the process stress-free for parents. Additionally, the staff continually communicate with parents and families with children in regular classes to keep them informed on their child's progress.

The coaching staff are very friendly and always willing to lend a helping hand to co-workers. However, I found the management to be uninvolved, with poor training consistency and a lack of communication with employees. Weekend shifts are often scheduled in a more last-minute fashion as you may be expected to work anywhere between two and nine hours for birthday parties. There is no system for coverage for sick days and employees often have to come in when they are under the weather.

If you are independent, hard-working, have a flexible schedule, willing to be physically active, and love working with children this job is a good fit for you.
Pros
Fun up-beat environment.
Cons
Maintaining high energy for long shifts can be particularly difficult.
good but unprofessional
Gymnastics Coach (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON21 February 2017
It was a good experience to start. I learned patience and how to be a good leader, but the way some things were handled, were handled very unprofessionally.
I do all Administration and parent communications as well as Coaching recreation gymnastics
Assistant Gym Director (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON7 June 2013
Opened/closed facility including arming and disarming security systems. Working with Clublink database to take and process registrations. Coaching recreation gymnastics ages 18 months to 10 years. Supervise, provide guidance and help train staff. Plan and implement lesson plans for all age groups also planning and coordination of day time camps during PA days and March Break
Pros
Great Co workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gymalaya Newmarket. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3