GWL Realty Advisors

GWL Realty Advisors Employee Reviews

Canada35 reviews
Good company but they pay less than the amount of work you do. Little opportunity for promotion. Too much work to handle. The management is good and very helpful
GWLRA is a great place to work, co-workers are easy to get along with and take direction well.
The management is understanding and caring but also has a firm hand when needed.
Get the least for the most. Don't work or rent from this company, they will rip you off if you lease from them. and expect employees to lie to tenants because of greedy management decisions. Check out the reviews on Vertica and you will see the bad their reputation was, they had to change their name to try and remove the stain and improve their brand recognition. Epic fail.
I enjoyed working for GWLRA until it became apparent that I was not going to be able to advance at all.
I applied for 3 different jobs & was not hired for any of them.

I also became aware that other people who were doing the same job were making a much higher wage.

After 2 stressful years I had no choice but to leave my position.
Great place to work, friendly atmosphere, good management , knowledgeable staff, great pay and benefits, productive work flow nad great training opportunities
The social committee is great at keeping all employee's engaged and connected. it's easy to stay separated when you don't work directly with another department. The social committee works hard to make sure we connect with different activities every year. The work culture is conducive to creative spirit and just a friendly atmosphere.
Bullying occurred on a daily basis!!! Human Resources was absolutely horrible and would release personal information and disclose personal conversations to management. Just a completely awful and toxic environment to be in. Constant harrassment as well.
GWLRA appears to be corporate but must be the most poorly run company in Canada. Executive management wears blinders and HR is a joke as they pretend to care but are just as bad as the executive team. Unless you will be going on unemployment and have no other choice, would suggest to look elsewhere.
Pros
Good pension.
Cons
Toxic, no career advancement, constantly insulted
Good company, but not all employees are involved in so many ways. Higher Management staff has a set of friends, so others are left unnoticed. They do not really look into staff potentials.
Pros
Monthly lunches
Cons
Overloaded with work
I found this was one of my most satisfying jobs. For the first 2 years I loved dealing with everyone. and learning all aspects of a lease. when the departments changed and a new manager came a into play .things changed.
Pros
the Director of Finance
Cons
my manager and the controlers
Great team
Great working hours

A lot of communications and meetings

Training/Development sponsorship

Constant communication from upper management

Care for their staff
An excellent company to work, with good medical/dental benefits, etc.. and pension plan. Workers are friendly and accommodating. I will surely missed my colleagues in this company. The company gives me an opportunity to progress, grow and enhance my knowledge in Commercial Property Management. Due to corporate re-structuring in the company, we have to part our ways and looking forward to find a new job to be busy and productive again.
Worked in this company for 3 years and had to move to the states for personal reasons. GWL is the best organization I have worked in my entire life! I worked with great colleagues and an excellent management team.
freedom to come and go as you please, allowing a comfortable balance between life and work

diversity within the company is great

management is hand-on and personal
Great company to work for. Very friendly environment. Easy going good management and HR department team always paid on time, always get over time hours to work.
Well managed and efficient co-workers, constant support to employees and great listeners to any needs required by staff. Great location and working environment.
GWL as a whole is a really good company. It just depends on what site/building you’re working in because the hours differ from site to site and hope you don’t get stuck working 12 hour shifts.
Pros
A lot of freedom
Cons
Long hours and switching shifts. Days to nights, vice versa every two weeks
Grosse compagnie avec structures élaborées, mais qui reste conviviale au niveau local.
Arrival of new management that conducts itself in a totally autocratic manner, ignores employee needs and promotes finger pointing culture has made the work environment really toxic.
Pros
Part of a huge company. No shortage of money.
Cons
Employee with a handicap child not allowed to alter her schedule by 15 minutes.
Solid institutional managers. Limited advancement potential as most people remain in positions for some time. Few people leave the company, which says something.
Projects take a long time to be done due to approval by Senior Management, which creates angry customers and stressed office staff. Bad combo for staff retention and motivation.