GVA Lighting

GVA Lighting Employee Reviews

Below Average Place to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 May 2019
I have worked there almost 4 months. You can’t expect any promotions even-though you are qualified. Management is just OK. People there usually prefer night shift because night shift supervisor is really helpful and doesn’t put unnecessary burden on you.
Most of day shift workers want to work in night but management doesn’t allow that.
In day shift one the supervisor is very nice person but higher management interfere too much in day shift.
QC team is just horrible most of the time you will get bad parts on the lines and if you complaint they will pull your previous day work and start complaining back.
The hilarious thing is sales persons will come to the production lines and ask you to work fast and they will keep pushing you until you are exhausted.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
no promotions, too much interference
Lot of opportunities for advancement!
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 May 2019
New employees with potential easliy get promoted. I've been with GVA for 5 years now and I have been promoted twice. The management and HR are very friendly and approachable. The company building was freshly renovated and it's very clean.
The owner is very passionate and cares about his employees and
the new CEO values an open door policy.
Pros
Free coffee, tea and milk.
Cons
Long hours.
Worse company ever
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON6 April 2019
This is honestly the worse company you can work for. There are so many reasons behind that and if I name them all, it will take me months. First of all, all the production employees are treated horrible. The boss kisses the engineers and all they do is literally sit on a chair in front of a computer all day. The boss will only give you a raise if he likes you and him liking you is rare unless you’re an engineer or a manager. You will only get like $0.50 raise every year if you get lucky. The boss just sits in his office all day and doesn’t care about anything and just comes out when he needs to kiss the engineers. You can work as hard as you want and they will never appreciate you unless you’re an engineer or in the management position. If you get into this company, then I feel bad for you. Oh and, they like to hire people that have no education and no communication skills or any leadership training. They will make employees from the sales team a Vice President and a engineer. Very cheap company. All the supervisor and management team have no skills or education, especially the afternoon supervisor. He just walks around all day and wants you to do the work while he sits in front of a computer, the worse guy to work with, so many people have complained about him but they don’t do anything because they are cheap. Don’t join this comany, they will only come to you when they need something otherwise they don’t know you. The worse company I have worked for. So happy I left, the engineers don’t do anything and they get all the credit. This company is a joke
Cons
dynamic team, full of opportunity
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON18 November 2018
This is a fast growing company. The team is dynamic and full of energy. The work is quite challenging as we are in low volume high mix mode of manufacturing. OT is quite normal. I do enjoy the work there. But the workplace is far from home; the daily commute is quite tiring.
Everything else will seem great after working here
Electronics Designer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 November 2018
Everything else will seem great after working here. They use out-of-date technologies, and there is no room to learn new things. Pay is low and they expect unpaid overtime.
Happy coincidence
Employee (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON2 October 2018
I ended up with this company because someone recommended me and did not know anything about it at the time. I am very happy with the opportunities and i was promoted a coulple of times now. If you are hard working but friendly and team plauer don't think too much - apply and you will get some good opportunities.
Small company - big work
Role (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 August 2018
A local company with global reach and great plans for the future - already a lot of growth is happening and I like the projects we are working on. I like the team too!
Laid back, friendly environment with really nice lunch rooms
Quality Control/Team Leader/Electronic Assembler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 March 2017
A day at G.V.A Lighting is nothing but inspiring, they inspire you to learn new methods each day, the end goal being is that they find the most efficient one.
The growing company has endless potential, in its early years advancement can be easily obtained, and just as easily taken.

Improvement to management would be an asset to the company.
What I liked the most about being employed here was that it can be a laid back environment in a productive manner.
What I didn't really like was that the laid back nature was sometimes taken advantage of.
Pros
Free coffee/tea
Productive, disapointed in the lack of communication.
Reception/Office management (Former Employee) –  Mississauga17 March 2014
Responsible for directing incoming phone calls, faxes and assisting Accounts Payable and Receivable with filing and preparing mail. Once the achieve filing was all complete from the previous year, I feel this is when they no longer needed me, yet dismissal was never properly explained or executed.
Pros
Face of the company, meeting and greeting clients
Cons
Long days