Guillevin International Employee Reviews

Terrible workplace with very backwards thinking
Inside Sales / Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON27 May 2018
Micro-management of adults that have experience in the industry.
Very backwards thinking with very little control over sales process by actual sales person.
Terrible training method
Stressful Micro-managed workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  North Edmonton, AB20 May 2018
A lot of data-entry - data had to be entered as fast as possible (you were timed) and errors were severely frowned upon. The person doing the training micro-managed and time management through the day was managed for you. No laughter allowed, no team building, no compassion, only work. Had to arrive early to get things started, and had to leave work right on the dot. After your 3 months probation was up, I heard the benefits were good.
Pros
Good benefits after 3 months
Cons
No team building, not enjoyable atmosphere
Great Atmosphere
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS15 April 2018
Guillevin is a great company to work for and lots of growth within the company. In this industry you are always learning because new products are always coming out.
Deceived by management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON9 March 2018
Was promised a full-time, permenent, and fast advancing career - turns out it was only a two month temporary position to cover a vacation. The branch manager says he has an open-door policy, then sets you up for failure.
Cons
Poor management
good sales training provided.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 February 2018
Excellent people who worked together to achieve customer service qualities in which set them apart from the competition. At the time , selling electrical and industrial products to Stelco and defasco , as well , the contractors.
Pros
good sales training.
Cons
not enough advancement
good place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON20 February 2018
the reason i left was to work closer to home.they where nice to all staff and it is a good place to work and i would go back. the management there needs some help but the people there are good to work for
Best Electrical Wholesaler out there
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON4 January 2018
Worked at two locations in Ontario. Actually a great company to work for. Corporately they really do have the employees best interests in mind. Great Benefits, generous salary, excellent promotions and communication. Opportunity's to advance and opportunities to explore other locations. I made the mistake of leaving and discovered that other companies do not care or cultivate such an excellent environment for their employees. I may be the only person to have ever left Guillevin.
Pros
Benefits, Salary, Work Enviroment
Cons
Stripped down computer system.
So called be there for you
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC9 November 2017
Company brags how they are there for their employees yet when something becomes life changing they get scared and lay you off without helping you. This was in one branch only and the Western Regional Manager
Very similar to high school with the people all working towards profit sharing and talking about one another behind their backs.
office (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 July 2017
When there is nobody around to babysit you it is an ok place as long as you can ignore the other employees that you know do nothing better then talk about one another Is micro managed by higher ups in Montreal because the managers they choose are incompetent apparently in their eyes.
Pros
Profit sharing
Cons
Salary
Happy, fun, exciting, environment.
Part time worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 April 2017
I had the best time working at Guillevin. The branch manager makes work fun and is always in a good mood. The staff are all very close and outgoing, funny, and respectful. Work was always fun and I enjoyed being there.
Pros
Good people, happy environment

Want to know more about Guillevin International?

Ask a question
great company
Office worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 April 2017
fast paced environment, friendly staff, good benefits, open, shared work space, work for both office staff, sales men and warehouse workers, serves public well
My experience
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 April 2017
When I worked for this company I was working as an assembly line worker. I worked long hours and for very little money. When I was working there I didn't get enough money to live on for my family.
Emploi avec risque
Distribution et services électrique (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC21 April 2017
Le poste implique du stress mais les journée passe très vite
content de me réveiller pour aller travailler la bas
garcons dentrepot (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC9 January 2017
ce travaille me permettait de vivre des chose différente a chaque jours. la diversité était la clé dune belle journée.
Pros
Exemple : Repas gratuits
Great management and stability
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  St Laurent, QC13 October 2016
Great management, great stability, good coworkers, calm environment, easy commute, not challenging, not so much space for improvement
Cons
unpaid overtime
old habits die hard
Purchasing, A/P, A/R (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON13 July 2016
toxic work environment
no room for advancement
constant battle between departments
to much bad talking
nothing is anyones fault
Great company with profit sharing for employees
Operations Manager/Purchaser (Former Employee) –  London, ON29 March 2016
I loved almost every day I worked there because of the people I worked with and the ability to work independently. One of the most enjoyable parts was also one of the hardest parts of my job was that every day was a new day and brought new problems to be solved and I realized how much I enjoyed it.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
location
Friendly Staff and Encouraging Work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 February 2016
A day to day basis of working at Guillevin was interacting with customers, filling and shipping orders, and receiving product. The staff were incredibly friendly and exceptionally kind towards the customers and other co- workers. It was a positive atmosphere upon entering the building every day. I was able to broaden my knowledge on the different electrical components as many of the staff were experienced with them. The hardest part while working was the stress of keeping up with orders to ensure they make it out the same day. Management was very professional and encouraged all employees to have a say towards any subject. Overall it was a good job to have coming out of high school.
Environnement agréable
plusieurs tâches connexes (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC5 February 2016
Chez Guillevin International j'ai appris à faire de la facturation en moins d'une journée. J'ai adoré travailler avec mes colllègues de travail. Les employeurs chez Guillevin sont comme une <<famille>>, ils s'entraident beaucoup et ils sont toujours près à aider. J'ai adoré travailler avec eux. Je n'est pas d'aspect le plus difficile, mais l'aspect le plus agréable a été d'apprendre à faire de la facturation.
good company to work for if you are wiiling to work hard
Administration (Former Employee) –  Edmonton19 August 2015
It's a good company to work for. Good benefits
and good profit share.
A very busy job and often stressful.
A good set of people to work with