Guillevin International

Guillevin International Employee Reviews

Canada55 reviews
Productive fun workplace that works hard as a team
My direct coworker and manager were great. Patient with my lack of knowledge but willing to teach. I enjoyed the camaraderie with my peers. Fun working days, hard physical work, busy.
Tough to get ahead
Guillevin is a great place to work. However the politics in the work place hold everything back. It is a profit sharing environment and everyone is looking at profits before doing things that make sense. Safety is supposed to be job one. But only when it is cost effective. I made many friends here but the upper management is a boys club and nobody will ever break into it so your advancement is stunted from the get go.
Do not make the move
Do not make a move in this company unless you're desperate. They are not transparent and backstabbing is a culture in this company. We're in 2020 but they are still in 1970..micromanagement is everything here
Bien
Bien aimé travailler dans cette compagnie malheureusement il y a eu coupure de poste.
Great Place to work
I was a Co op student at Guillevin International and I had a wonderful experience while I was there.Everyone was very friendly and professional and always willing to help and teach me about the business. I learned a lot and would recommend it as a Co Op placement or place of employment to anyone!
Fun and great company.
Worked in the Calgary location. Made great friends and people who will be in my life for the rest of my life. Pay is okay and there is plenty of room for advancement but have to put your head down and work. just do your job.
Nice work
Worked here for a weekend and it was nice, Boss and coworkers were cool
No training no support
Just supposed to show up and do the job no real training no advancement was to be expected but asked to give up every thing to pursue employment. No tickets paid for other then days wages but salary didn’t matter how much or little you actually worked. No talk about pay culture very unhealthy
Wonderful team
Lots of humor and fun but also a need to be on point and get your work done as needed. Work hard and relax when there is downtime. Management is very hands on and understanding
Good work envirornment
Pros; Casual friendly environment, room for growth (but not your salary). Great industry and places to gain experience in the field. Coworkers want to help you succeed. Cons; Favoritism, low salary, high work loads.
terrible but good money
bad choice if you are good at sales, will pay you well for performance but bad working environment and negative people. integrity does not exist at this branch
Fun Place to work; Fast-Paced
Fun place to work; challenging and fast-paced. Found that work/life balance as well as remuneration were not what I would have liked, however staff was supportive and great to work with.
Pros
Occasional Lunches
Be very careful....
Upper management are looking to move out the old and in with the new. Total nepotism and age discrimination is alive and well here. New manager at Greentech is totally unqualified and inexperienced. Treats employees AND CUSTOMERS (now former) with total disrespect. Absolutely no leadership capabilities but arrogance from upper management.
Great company overall.
Respectful personnel. Great working conditions. Competitive Benefit and RRSP plan. Adheres to both company procedures and employment standards. Would highly recommend.
Excellent Work Experience
Excellent Work Experience. Able to demonstrate and enhance my skill set. Able to learn how the whole company functions. Supervisors and colleagues were patient.
Pros
Excellent Work Experience
Cons
I was on contract.
Challenging and demanding workplace
Requires a diverse set of skills and multitasking on a daily basis.

Without proper management, this industry is a very tough field to survive in.

Expectations are very high, and if you are not a highly organized self starter, this may not be the place to be.
Pros
Profit sharing, some freedom of self responsibility
Cons
Lack of overall cohesiveness, tendency of competition over collaboration and self focus
Great Place to Work
I am so happy working at Guillevin International. The managers are great to work with, I also see everyone jumping in to support when help is needed. Very much a team environment. Obviously there is pressure for sales, but that comes with any sales job. They do provide LOTS of training so you are equipped for the future. I certainly see a long and bright future with Guillevin International. I myself had to go through lots of training before I even got to sit at a desk. I went to many different locations to be trained as well.
Pros
Awesome training and support
Cons
sometimes required to work long hours.
An Amazing company that helped me gain experience in the work force during my educational years
Guillevin International is a company that specializes in delivery of electronic and industrial parts. I was hired onto this company through a family friend to work for the summer and loved every day of it. It allowed me to observe and gain experience with various types of equipment while providing an engaging work space to grow in.
Horrible company
Guillevin had to the worst company I have ever worked for.
They don’t want you to advance, just sit at your desk and don’t see or mention all the shady/entitled/safety issue that are going on everyday.

Just shut your mouth drone and do your typing, don’t help out other people or try to bring up morale.

They are also known for laying people off right before the holidays then withholding their pay until after Christmas.

I would avoid working for this company.
Pros
Cons
Giving up everything to conform to shady business structure.
Horrible place to work at
No room for growth and only worried about their sales.
You are just a number in this place so dont get your Hope's up. They will promise the world and screw you over in a heartbeat.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Good company, terrible managers
I worked at this company for a year and a half. It started out great but when my manager and I started disagreeing on things, it was very tense. I had an issue that there was drinking in the office and my manager lied to me about going to school. (I wanted to, he said that there wasn't any reason for the company to pay for that). In turn, there was no room for advancement.

My manager didn't speak to me for a week after confronting him about these issues with the VP. The first time he had a real conversation with me after that, it was to fire me. He said that "there were emails" that were offside, but didn't give me any more information as to why I was being let go.

My manager also said that each profit center's goal was profits, so spending money on safety requirements wasn't something he was interested in. In turn, our warehouse safety requirements are next to none.

Terrible management in the Calgary branches. He works for himself and the money, not the people or the branch.
Pros
profit sharing, good coworkers
Cons
silent treatment, angry boss
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guillevin International. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7