Guestlogix

Guestlogix Employee Reviews

Canada18 reviews
Worst company in my career. Employees are just numbers in their accounting books.
The minute they don't need you, you'll be let go. Just check out their public restructuring release from Oct 15, 2015.

Anything for a profit. This company cares about profits and its shareholders but doesn't seem to give much thought to its employees and contractors. In my opinion, this is not a good place to work. No job security whatsoever. The management expectations are often unreasonable. I think this is not a well managed company. The CEO's sudden resignation also doesn't bring much confidence in the company. I discourage anyone who is considering working for this company. Unless you are absolutely desperate to have a job.
Pros
coffee
Cons
no job security, unreasonable expectations, poor management
Management lies a lot, will promise everything and never deliver.
Culture is toxic, micromanagement around the place. Awkward people in leadership team
There were some great talented people to work with but not many of them are still with company unfortunately

Unfit inexperienced managers on all levels, toxic culture environment with low morale among employees. People are respected for their ability to speak, not work and contribute.
Turnover rate in company is extremely high - layoffs after layoffs creates very unstable environment and people are resigning on their own, in just few months the stuff has changed by more than a half.
Leadership is inexperienced and doesn't listen to people - all you say in one-on-one meeting accepted with enthusiasm and... ignored or even used against you later.

The quality of hiring process is low - very often weak people hire even weaker people (maybe just to look good?). There is no clear vision or direction, priorities keep changing, development is delayed, customers left neglected.
Pros
The employees were fantastic to collaborate with, quite a lot of autonomy on projects
Working in Guestlogix was the worst experience in many years of my employment history. Constant change of direction, waste of investors money, disrespect to existing clients, inability to setup proper development process - just few characteristics of Guestlogix.
The current management is very inexperienced. Nice and open people on the surface but irresponsible and playing backroom games in reality.

Non-stop talks about the culture and its importance, but with very narrow understanding of it. As soon as you don’t agree with the president you don’t fit into company’s culture.

Best talent is very quick to realize what this company is about and leave it - in just a year more than half of its stuff has changed, people constantly joining and leaving. It’s becoming quite common when prospective candidate turns down the offer last minute after learning more about company. The atmosphere of instability is only getting worse, but bad decisions from the management keep coming.
During my tenure at Guestlogix, the company was in a state of flux as it was going through the process of bankruptcy protection and re-tooling itself to become lean and agile as it once was.

Although there was some uncertainty, and clearly some internal politics at play, I would have to say those I worked with and the general management of the company was top-notch.

As of now, it looks like they have risen through the ashes and continue to shine. I wish their current team all the best.
The company is a disaster. There is no solid direction that is followed. Turnover in the product chain of command is incredibly high, so there is no consistent approach to building anything. Existing products are abandoned half-finished for poorly thought out new ventures. The company fluctuates between ridiculous spending binges and periods of harsh austerity at the drop of a hat. The President hires a huge number of managers that don't actually have anyone reporting to them.
Pros
Free pizza sometimes, all the Mill St. Organic you can stomach.
Cons
Company has no direction, the leadership team is a joke.
Being an employee at Guestlogix has been a nightmare. Management has no idea what they are doing and just let go of my entire team. I am disappointed with the lack of transparency within the company. The ENTIRE leadership team is so exclusive unless you are within their ranks. They hired a new person in charge of growth .. what a joke. The HR department has no clue what they are doing and the CEO is absolutely clueless. Do NOT accept a position here if you want your career to flourish. It will only scar your resume.
Pros

Our leadership team just presented a new vision for our passenger app to not only ease travel during flight but through the whole journey. I am definitely excited to be part of this journey to create something really special in the travelling landscape. Leadership encourages initiative into other aspect of the business for company and personal growth. Colleagues are knowledgeable, fun and supportive. Even leadership join right in with many of our PS4 tournaments. I don't think I ever seen so much cheering and laughter over a FIFA or NBA2K game. Come join the vision and friendship.

Cons

I not sure Cons is the the right word, but there is definitely a trade-off. With an exciting new vision, comes a lot of hard work to bring it to fruition. It is not going to be easy to make something great. Many new opportunity for growth means more responsibility. You have to be prepare to work hard and maintain great dialogue with all the teams to ensure you are balancing your responsibilities correctly.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency. Continue with the lunch & learn. Love the pizza and more importantly, it enhances my understanding of the intricacies of the product.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Guestlogix?
You supply your own office utensils, owners speak down on you, never get paid on time, they don't care at all about any emergencies. Worst thing about this company is the way techy turn their employees against one another, they only want to see everyone doing horrible at their job so thy have a reason to the disrespect and degrade you as an employee. The vendors they work with, they try and defraud every cent they
Since the new management took over after the bankruptcy last year, the company failed to develop anything and continues to lose customers at an alarming rate. Corporate culture is toxic and because there is a high turn over, don't expect to meet a subject matter expert on anything. There is no HR and no formal training so avoid this company at all costs.
Pros
Downtown location
Cons
Everything else
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the two bonuses I received during my four months there; the least being the constant verbal lashings and lack of praise I received from my area vice president over things as trivial as post-its.
great office with friendly staff, typical work day would be get the office at 830 coffee and start the day with your existing projects. Though out the day confirm with supervisor that your project is on the right track(asking questions , getting them to review your work etc.) or you sit own with your supervisor and go over the next project to be completed. If during the day you are feeling a little overly stressed you take some time to relax and play ping pong.All my co-workers were great people , even those all across the world, the concept of global team is a great way to describe it. This is one of the most interesting parts; Skype meetings with people all across the world. They have monthly activity to do as a company ie) beach day, ping pong tournament etc..

Overall great work environment , and even as an intern i felt like a part of the team.
Pros
Co-workers, free lunches after meetings with clients, often have contests to win tickets to sporting events, the Friday before a long weekend is a shorter day.
Cons
hard to manage when to have meetings with people in all different time zones, employees are constantly travelling
Always a fun place to come into, your co-workers are like friends and family.

Plenty of work to get done and plenty of new opportunities to pursue. You are constantly growing in knowledge, there is no shortage of opportunities and advancement. Management is accessible, provide clear direction and are supportive.
Pros
Very friendly environment to work in.
Cons
Staying focused on the tasks at hand
Great company to work in advanced Mobile App technology, great people, great work atmosphere! Corporate culture is feeling of being part of the team. Expectations and goals are high, concurrent projects, global meetings, but with team efforts and support goals achieved. .
Guestlogix is a good place to learn. I enjoyed working there and they treated their employees well.
Make notes and notes to ensure you're aware of everything that is going on daily
Pros
free coffee
Cons
management needed to improve
Worst company in my career.

Very disorganized, high stress, lots of employee turnover.

Senior management is a disgrace. They'll point fingers at the first sign of trouble from their bad decisions and lack of leadership.

Wasted my time there and I'm glad I left.