Guestlogix Employee Reviews

Excited! New Vision!
Finance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 August 2018
Pros

Our leadership team just presented a new vision for our passenger app to not only ease travel during flight but through the whole journey. I am definitely excited to be part of this journey to create something really special in the travelling landscape. Leadership encourages initiative into other aspect of the business for company and personal growth. Colleagues are knowledgeable, fun and supportive. Even leadership join right in with many of our PS4 tournaments. I don't think I ever seen so much cheering and laughter over a FIFA or NBA2K game. Come join the vision and friendship.

Cons

I not sure Cons is the the right word, but there is definitely a trade-off. With an exciting new vision, comes a lot of hard work to bring it to fruition. It is not going to be easy to make something great. Many new opportunity for growth means more responsibility. You have to be prepare to work hard and maintain great dialogue with all the teams to ensure you are balancing your responsibilities correctly.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency. Continue with the lunch & learn. Love the pizza and more importantly, it enhances my understanding of the intricacies of the product.
great
Quality Assurance Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2018
You supply your own office utensils, owners speak down on you, never get paid on time, they don't care at all about any emergencies. Worst thing about this company is the way techy turn their employees against one another, they only want to see everyone doing horrible at their job so thy have a reason to the disrespect and degrade you as an employee. The vendors they work with, they try and defraud every cent they
Disaster
Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto13 October 2017
Since the new management took over after the bankruptcy last year, the company failed to develop anything and continues to lose customers at an alarming rate. Corporate culture is toxic and because there is a high turn over, don't expect to meet a subject matter expert on anything. There is no HR and no formal training so avoid this company at all costs.
Pros
Downtown location
Cons
Everything else
Productive hard working team, but they know how to cut the work tension to have an enjoyable work experience.
Intern- Product Development (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 February 2016
great office with friendly staff, typical work day would be get the office at 830 coffee and start the day with your existing projects. Though out the day confirm with supervisor that your project is on the right track(asking questions , getting them to review your work etc.) or you sit own with your supervisor and go over the next project to be completed. If during the day you are feeling a little overly stressed you take some time to relax and play ping pong.All my co-workers were great people , even those all across the world, the concept of global team is a great way to describe it. This is one of the most interesting parts; Skype meetings with people all across the world. They have monthly activity to do as a company ie) beach day, ping pong tournament etc..

Overall great work environment , and even as an intern i felt like a part of the team.
Pros
Co-workers, free lunches after meetings with clients, often have contests to win tickets to sporting events, the Friday before a long weekend is a shorter day.
Cons
hard to manage when to have meetings with people in all different time zones, employees are constantly travelling
Look elsewhere unless you desperately need a job
employee (Former Employee) –  aa13 November 2015
Worst company in my career. Employees are just numbers in their accounting books.
The minute they don't need you, you'll be let go. Just check out their public restructuring release from Oct 15, 2015.
Anything for a profit. This company cares about profits and its shareholders but doesn't seem to give much thought to its employees and contractors. In my opinion, this is not a good place to work. No job security whatsoever. The management expectations are often unreasonable. I think this is not a well managed company. The CEO's sudden resignation also doesn't bring much confidence in the company. I discourage anyone who is considering working for this company. Unless you are absolutely desperate to have a job.
Pros
coffee
Cons
no job security, unreasonable expectations, poor management
Hardworking, educated workforce in a family like environment
Trusted Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Canada14 October 2015
Always a fun place to come into, your co-workers are like friends and family.

Plenty of work to get done and plenty of new opportunities to pursue. You are constantly growing in knowledge, there is no shortage of opportunities and advancement. Management is accessible, provide clear direction and are supportive.
Pros
Very friendly environment to work in.
Cons
Staying focused on the tasks at hand
Demanding Enviroment , Great people
Senior QA Analyst/ QA Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2015
Great company to work in advanced Mobile App technology, great people, great work atmosphere! Corporate culture is feeling of being part of the team. Expectations and goals are high, concurrent projects, global meetings, but with team efforts and support goals achieved. .
Good place to learn
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto27 September 2014
Guestlogix is a good place to learn. I enjoyed working there and they treated their employees well.
Fun place but be prepare to hunt for information
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 November 2012
Make notes and notes to ensure you're aware of everything that is going on daily
Pros
free coffee
Cons
management needed to improve
Stay away unless you're unemployed and absolutely need a job.
employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2012
Worst company in my career.

Very disorganized, high stress, lots of employee turnover.

Senior management is a disgrace. They'll point fingers at the first sign of trouble from their bad decisions and lack of leadership.

Wasted my time there and I'm glad I left.