Guess

Guess Employee Reviews

Found 405 reviews matching the search See all 2,209 reviews
good work environment
Seasonal sales associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 January 2020
Everyone was extremely nice, helpful, and welcoming (including management). I was only there for a month but I can't really complain about anything or anyone.
For guess
Stock handling & retailing (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON24 January 2020
Overall I love the guess company, worked there only seasonal but I loved it. With I had enough time to stock up my wardrobe. But great experience in the retail industry
Learned new things
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Guildford, BC15 January 2020
Very friendly management,learn new things every day. Enjoy working at guess.
It's a brand soo you have to follow there rules and regulations
Be always on time.
honestly?
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC15 January 2020
co-workers are fantastic- the true meaning of a work family. however, the expectations vs. pay are ridiculous. to make it short and sweet, you are expected to do as parents said they did (walk 500 miles in the snow over hills for 3 hours) to get to a minimum wage job. management does not care about your well-being, few of them are truly good leaders, and the company does not respect it's employees. it's fun to learn about fashion and connect with customers who sometimes even become friends, but it's not worth being pushed to sell people things they don't want the second they step in. a typical day at work during slow season involves people not getting enough hours and then struggling because there aren't enough people working, and adding on items until people are annoyed. if you want to work here, you should be financially stable and available all the time- but don't expect to be full time.
fun and productive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON14 January 2020
focused on the goal for the day and also a competitive work place. you are giving a sales goal to get and also to communicate better with customers. it was a fun and motivating work environment.
good place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 January 2020
Provide superior customer service and fulfill high levels of product knowledge expectations Adhere to all company policies and procedures had a good time
Re.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON8 January 2020
I really enjoy working here and meeting new people. This job is fun and fast paced. Working at guess factory I've learned a lot about fashion and how to use different styles to make an outfit. I enjoy getting to kmow customers and helping out returning customers. Overall working here and doing your job well will help you to move up in the company. Their is always room to grow.
It was not as I expected it to be
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK7 January 2020
I liked the people I worked with except the wage and the management. Also we would get 1 break out of 6 days we would work, just because management could decide who gets to go for break and who doesn't, abuse of power. The breaks that are legally placed in order were never obeyed. Also we used to get discounts on Guess originals but were later taken away. no more discounts on Guess Originals.
Pros
discounts
Cons
management
Overall great experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON7 January 2020
I absolutely enjoyed working for the Guess Factory Outlet. Everyone is so kind and easy to get along with. The managment went above and beyond for their employees.
Once you are at Store Manager level it is hard to move further.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2020
There was a big change in upper management about 6 months into working there. The new management that took over didn't seem fit for there roles which ultimately resulted in my decision to leave and change up my career.
Fun Workplace Environment with a Relaxed Job Culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 January 2020
Fun and relaxed workplace environment with easy-going management. Everyday presents a new challenge in terms work load. Employees are encouraged to take risks and come up with new and innovative ideas to increase business growth.
journee typique
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Rosemère, QC29 December 2019
Faire le ménage du magasin, accueillir les clients et les conseillers, performer pour atteindre les objectifs de ventes ect
i Love Guess
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 December 2019
Best DM and co workers.. love it ... It feels like home.. very caring and great team work. Will recommend everyone to work here. Challenging but a great work enviroment.
good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2019
worked at the branch in Eaton Center. it is very fast paced during busy hours. Overall enjoyable. Location is right in the heart of Toronto. The boss was friendly.
Very competitive.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON27 November 2019
Very competitive environment, must have an aggressive sales personality in order to work here, or they won't keep you. Must keep a high sales per hour $ or else they will not give you hours or keep you.
Nothing productive.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 November 2019
Workers were nice but managers was not freindly and were racist towards non-white people.
Managers would get mad if you tell them they've done something wrong and fire you on the spot.
fast paced.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 November 2019
extremely fast paced, must be able to complete stocking and organization duties, be fast at checkout and returns, and greet guests promptly............
Productive and fun place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 October 2019
Maintained records related to sales, returns and inventory availability. Organized racks and shelves to maintain store visual appeal, engage customers and promote specific merchandise. Educated customers on promotions to enhance sales and answered customer questions regarding sizing and accessories and explained how to properly care for merchandise.
Competitive and unfair work environment
Cashier/ Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 October 2019
Part time workers are expected to treat this job as if it is all that matters in their life. Senior and more experienced workers are not treated according to their experience.
Pros
Lenient
Cons
Unfair Management style
fun and friendly work place
Sale associate (Current Employee) –  hillcrest mall richmond hill20 October 2019
Managers are really respectful, easy work and friendly environment.
I learned a lot about fashion and how it will effect your relations.
knowing about the products and how to run retail business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guess. Our community is ready to answer.