Guess Inc?. Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Somewhat fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CA30 January 2019
Guess was always a dream job if mine, the full time I been here I very much enjoyed it, but towards the end of my leave just a few weeks before we received a new store manager. seemed nice at first. I put in my two weeks due to another job offer. The store called her to get her feedback. Sosktbunf negative was said and it prevented me from getting the job. I never had a problem with her, she even offered me a job back, giving me the impression she wanted me back if I wanted to come or not.
Terrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Queenstown, MD14 August 2018
Treated horrible no room for advancement no incentives the dm is a body shamer very rude the manager smoke marijuana and normally smells of it during her shifts
Great , fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CA21 June 2018
Upper management was great. Always flexible with excellent communication. Very young and upbeat location. Filled with positive energy and uplifting attitudes.
Productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJ8 May 2018
Well balanced work. I learned a lot about sales during my time there, it was a very enlightening experience. The only gripe I had is that they only hire seasonal.
Fun place to work at but not many hours a week
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA19 March 2018
It is a fun environment for a first job, but not for long due to lack of hours given a week. Managers are very understanding when needing of a day off or not able to make a scheduled day
Pros
Discounts
Cons
lack of hours
Eh.. pretty okay job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PA23 October 2017
I currently work at guess right now and the most I can say is that it's okay. I enjoy handling apparel as well as engaging with the customers. Also the discount is deff a huge plus since mostly everything in there is super expensive. But as many jobs in the world there are some downfalls such as the hours. I usually work 5 or 10 hours a week at the most which kinda sucks.. also it's a lot of standing with only a 15 minute break.
Pros
Discount !
Cons
Short breaks and little hours
i Love The Brand
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL4 September 2017
It was one of my favorite places of employment. I learned so much about fashion and the work environment was fun exciting and very competitive but I loved everything about it.
fun working experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV31 August 2017
they had a dj on the weekends , which made working there really fun. you only get one break and its not long enough. management was very helpful
Pros
deiscounts
Cons
sometimes stressful
Poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Destin, FL9 August 2017
Being treated unfairly as an employee can't keep employees because either attitude towards employees doesn't keep up with code of cleanliness ridiculous parking
Pros
Fashion, Discounts
Cons
Poor pay
Fun environment along with positive and general goals for the company in reference to sales.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJ20 June 2017
The job was successful and the employees along with the management where all kind, however there was a bit of lack of communication in reference to hour availability, ect.
Pros
Positive enviornment
Cons
Management tend to have lack of communication
It is a fun workplace. I loved my daily shifts. Managers were great leaders.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PR5 May 2017
A typical day at work depended on the day. Weekends were so fun and there was a fashion mind way to make everything fun and easy going. My managers used to be so loyals, fun and great leaders. I really had a great relationship with them. A perfect place to work.
Pros
Great opportunities to learn and grow.
Cons
Few hours per week (5-10)
Fun selling Guess attire
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CA22 April 2017
Sold attire, I learned how to help customers put together outfits and pair items, I liked being at the cash wrap. I hate how a manager need to come and swipe of all returns it just makes it more complicated. I had a lot of fun.
Pros
dicounts
Cons
not enough hours
Highly productive workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TX26 January 2017
The day consists of assisting the customers as soon as they walk into the store. We tell them about our promotions and new articles. If they require no further help we proceed to maintain a clean store by continuously tasking around the store.
My customer server and interpersonal skills have greatly improved through the contact with customers and the skill to convince them to buy the material. It is a very fast paced environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the customers and convincing them to purchase an item.
Good Working Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NY28 November 2016
When working as a Sales Associate i did work off a great commission based program until it was disrupted which prompted me to leave the company. Other than that i have nothing but good things to say about Guess.