Guess Inc?. Employee Reviews

Unorganized
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA19 April 2019
This place was unorganized, the manager would leave for hours go home and will leave us in the store alone for hours. I wouldn’t recommend this place at all
Ok
Stocker/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NY25 March 2019
Not a bad part-time job if you're working another job or in school looking to make a little money for whatever the reason. There seems to be a bias here or at least my store for some particular reason because I noticed the differences on how some associates are treated in counter to their surrounding peers. The management seems to be a little jealous and it seems like they try every way to make you quit regardless how beneficial you are to the store. Hire new associates and have you train them and then they end up getting more training and hours than you do.
Pros
30%-50% off clothes. $50 incentive if you make comp monthly, pretty girls.
Cons
Bad management, theives
Somewhat fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CA30 January 2019
Guess was always a dream job if mine, the full time I been here I very much enjoyed it, but towards the end of my leave just a few weeks before we received a new store manager. seemed nice at first. I put in my two weeks due to another job offer. The store called her to get her feedback. Sosktbunf negative was said and it prevented me from getting the job. I never had a problem with her, she even offered me a job back, giving me the impression she wanted me back if I wanted to come or not.
Great company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Gonzales, LA3 December 2018
The Riverwalk mall is a tough place to work. The external theft is high and shoplifters do it in your face. The security is unable to do anything and the police can't get there in time.
Pros
discount, customers, enviroment
Cons
external theft
Customer service
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL14 November 2018
As every retail store, customer service is the Eneas and butter. Guess has a great environment to work with along with amazing competitive salaries and benefits for full timers. In addition, there’s always space to grow.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Schedule
Fun place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MS23 October 2018
The work place is relaxing and fun. Hours are flexible and i don't intend on leaving. The employees all get along and work together. We come together as a team and get stuff done together.
Marca de ropa con mucho dinamismo, surtido y rotación máxima de producto en todas las áreas, fortaleza en su target
VISUAL MERCHANDISE - STOCK - SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Tienda 3220 Dolphin Mall, Miami, FL19 September 2018
Positivo:
1. Muy buen trabajo de marketing, con continuo acompañamiento a
la tienda con material de apoyo en el lanzamiento de colecciones.
2. Rotación de producto muy alto en todas las áreas.
3. Gran variedad de "costumers" de todas partes del mundo.
4. Horma - tallaje de los jeans muy exitoso entre las mujeres.
5. Productos HOT : Carteras, chaquetas de cuero, sandalias de
mujer, Jeans de hombre, graphics tees.
6. Trabajo en equipo con los compañeros directos.

Negativo:
7. Des-coordinación entre managers. Mala planificación de tareas.
8. Pocas horas, inestabilidad.
9. Mal entrenamiento al personal nuevo.

Aprendí:
STOCK -- A procesar la mercancía cuando llega.
VISUAL -- A conocer las políticas de exhibición y el target de la marca (estilo).
SALES -- A entender las preferencias y puntos de vista de los costumers de los distintos países.
Petty environment
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NH20 August 2018
I didn’t enjoy going into work. There was a lot of drama. Everyone spoke horribly about each other. I was always worried what was said behind my back. The manager was gonna often. I have a severe low blood sugar issue and I needed to go to the back to eat a frontal bar fast and she gave me a cookie and told me to keep working. I just felt a lot of incompassion.
Pros
They were understanding of disabilities
Cons
Short breaks
Terrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Queenstown, MD14 August 2018
Treated horrible no room for advancement no incentives the dm is a body shamer very rude the manager smoke marijuana and normally smells of it during her shifts
Great , fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CA21 June 2018
Upper management was great. Always flexible with excellent communication. Very young and upbeat location. Filled with positive energy and uplifting attitudes.
A very productive and professional place to lots of fashion and wonderful customer service.
Sales Person (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA14 May 2018
Guess inc is an outstanding place to work their fashion is everything the employees there are very professional and a very fast paced work environment.
Pros
Great conversations
Cons
BenefitS and health care insurance
Productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJ8 May 2018
Well balanced work. I learned a lot about sales during my time there, it was a very enlightening experience. The only gripe I had is that they only hire seasonal.
Proditcive and a competitive work space
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA30 April 2018
Guess was very competitive and very productive working area. Very competitive due to the fact guess is a high-end company. had to make a certain amount of money every day due to the incomes of the year before on the exact date. Maintaining conversion rates up and be dressed in guess as much as possible. Was not commission based although points were given for additional discounts or prizes
Pros
40 percent off
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL23 April 2018
While working at Guess I experienced first hand how to communicate with customers, while learning all the skill I needed to succeed in a fast paced environment. They give many hours even if you are part time
Horrible Place to Work
E-Commerce Merchandise Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA2 April 2018
This company plays on favorites. You may have good ideas or be a good worker but if you rub the wrong person the wrong way or they feel threaten by you, you will have no place to advance.
Management is horrible, there is no coaching in the moment and no willingness to help advance.
Pros
Gym
Cons
Management sucks
Guess
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Victor, NY19 March 2018
Guess is a great company to work for!
They care about thier people and push you to deliver great results.
Guess isn’t afraid of change, if something doesn’t work they try something different!
Fun place to work at but not many hours a week
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA19 March 2018
It is a fun environment for a first job, but not for long due to lack of hours given a week. Managers are very understanding when needing of a day off or not able to make a scheduled day
Pros
Discounts
Cons
lack of hours
Great company
Co-Manager/Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Wrentham, MA4 January 2018
Challenging but fair. Some things like allocation are off. That's the case with most companies. It's very fast paced but that's what makes the day go by.
Benefits
Cons
Certain operational aspects
Eh.. pretty okay job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PA23 October 2017
I currently work at guess right now and the most I can say is that it's okay. I enjoy handling apparel as well as engaging with the customers. Also the discount is deff a huge plus since mostly everything in there is super expensive. But as many jobs in the world there are some downfalls such as the hours. I usually work 5 or 10 hours a week at the most which kinda sucks.. also it's a lot of standing with only a 15 minute break.
Pros
Discount !
Cons
Short breaks and little hours
i Love The Brand
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL4 September 2017
It was one of my favorite places of employment. I learned so much about fashion and the work environment was fun exciting and very competitive but I loved everything about it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guess Inc?.. Our community is ready to answer.